The online racing simulator
Wake me up when a better Sim is released.

Scawen you do the best to be silent , otherwise there would eat you off. Its Zombieland here
Me live you long time.
So Scawen reads forums, wooooow

I mean how that benefits the game?

Its so funny the when someone asks for answers/ciritisizes the devs he is moaner and would eat devs alive you say, but have you antimoaners/naive looking people ever considered that the "moaning" might be justified considering the fact that game developing has suddenly died?

It's like believing in god for some of you, there is no proof that the game is being worked on but you still believe that it is, that is not rational to me.

And as goes for the eating Scawen alive....well nobody has threathened him, called him or anyone names etc..I see that more and more people are just expressing their frustration, like myself...I don't think nobody hates anyone here, they are just dissapointed that this wonderfull game that has been evolving in the past has died suddenly and nobody really knows why...

Im done off topic in this holy thread for now...
The worst part is that anyone who mentions "progress" or "updates" gets told to shut up and threads get locked. I am actually surprised this thread is still going.

There is a lot more to the LFS community than those who just troll these threads and it is incredibly disappointing that we have no idea what is happening with this game.
Quote from sil3ntwar :The worst part is that anyone who mentions "progress" or "updates" gets told to shut up and threads get locked. I am actually surprised this thread is still going.

There is a lot more to the LFS community than those who just troll these threads and it is incredibly disappointing that we have no idea what is happening with this game.

Quote from edge3147 :Maybe it's time to try a new tactic. Instead of making the same threads over and over and over again, we all need to move the fight directly to the Devs Inbox: REMOVED

Why is this guy no longer welcome?

Man, I'm bored. may as well post something here....
To be honest, if you were really a twisted idiot, you could get their home Numbers.... I knew this one nut bag that did that with the Runescape developers.
"...we all need to move the fight directly..." What? Really?
That's right devs. Tell us what you're up to or we'll kick your lilly asses....
@ col: so Victor has another gig going. And? I really don't want to speculate on anything, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the profit split wasn't 33 and a third percent. Also, it's kinda creepy that you know this.
Oh well. could be worse. Somebody could be out there guessing what color underwear the devs got on.
Quote from Californian :So...

You sound like you try to get some people who definetily would try to hit in your face, but instead of that, you could rip their a** off by making a counter-counterstrike post for defending your post.

I see definetily what you mean, so no prob with that. It is just so clear for me what is your actual point on it.

But one question: What you are actually waiting then? I mean you have made your thoughts out in this thread about what you have posted here. Sometimes it makes me thinking are you really that sure?

Do not get me wrong though, I am not starting war, just trying to have a neutralizing diplomatic argument.
I'll just put this here:

Quote from Scawen at twitter :Taking a week or two to add #3D support to #liveforspeed Side-by-side works already, driving views only so far...

Rift support? Aww yess!
Nope.

LFS
+
#137 - col
Quote from Racer Y :
@ col: so Victor has another gig going. And? I really don't want to speculate on anything, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the profit split wasn't 33 and a third percent. Also, it's kinda creepy that you know this.

Profit share is irrelevant in this context, the questions was about whether LFS development is on hold. There's been no official answer. The fact that one of the three developers has very recently joined another development team as an employee clearly is relevant.

And why is it creepy? It took maybe 1.5 minutes with google to find that out, not exactly a job for Jim Rockford

Col
-
(dilligafplz) DELETED by Flame CZE : duplicate of a banned account
-
(sinbad) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to a deleted post
-
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to a deleted post
-
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to a deleted post
hi guys. id like to see some new content but not so rushed. if we want this to be done properly all we need to do is wait and wait. if the devs say its not happening then hey we've still got 20 cars to play with. if the devs say yes its finished than we will turn into a better community with not so much arguing and nagging devs to get S3 done. so all we need to do is wait.

thanks

k_badam
just to note im not looking here again so don't nag meh pls
Quote from Racer Y :@ col: so Victor has another gig going. And? I really don't want to speculate on anything, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the profit split wasn't 33 and a third percent. Also, it's kinda creepy that you know this.
Oh well. could be worse. Somebody could be out there guessing what color underwear the devs got on.

Why does it matter? At this point, LFS' web services are reliable and mature enough to not require daily maintainence. The DDoS stuff has been completely mitigated, LFSW works and the bugs that remain appear to require a LFS fix as well. Sure Vic could work on pushing a new website, but then people would be bored of it once S3 actually comes out, so why not try to time a release with S3?

Also, Vic is wearing Red boxer shorts. And sipping a boxed red wine.
Quote from edge3147 :Maybe it's time to stop being positive and show the devs that we won't wait around forever.

Waiting 5 years for 1 car and 1 track. Dafuq are we all smoking?

I wouldn't really say that i'm waiting really, like who is.

I'm just curious to know what the developers are doing. Or better yet, what they're going to do.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
But one question: What you are actually waiting then? I mean you have made your thoughts out in this thread about what you have posted here. Sometimes it makes me thinking are you really that sure?

I don't clearly understand what are you trying to ask me because you aren't clearly asking or maybe you should rephrase your questions....

The point is I don't think I'm waiting anything at this point as goes for the LFS as a game franchise...

But one can still share his feelings, right?

You see how Flame CZE here just posted a twitter message of Scawen doing something, but does the front page of the game get any updates? No fo sho'...
Hello everyone!

The developers are all alive and working on LFS.

Eric has been working on new tracks. He slowed up a bit during some of the great English summer which we don't get very often. I have enjoyed test driving on two of his new tracks which look great and I look forward to the time when they can be released.

I am still working on the tyre physics, though I haven't really made serious progress this year. I also enjoyed the summer, did a lot of cycling and running too. It's a better hobby than smoking like I used to, and I really enjoy it. But the good news is it won't pay the bills!

LFS income has gradually gone down as it always does between updates. That that has increased the urgency of finishing the tyre physics. So I plan to get down to it, make the appropriate approximations and sort out a good physically based system, with enough assumptions to make it workable, accepting that total realism is an unachievable goal.

I just got a bit excited about stereoscopic 3d support, which some people will like because they'll be able to see LFS in 3d on a 3d TV, if their TV supports "side-by-side" or "top and bottom" mode. Also headsets should be supported if they accept one of those output modes. The old headsets that require specific support and sequential output will not be supported. For example a Sony HMZ works but a Vuzix VR920 does not. A more recent Vuzix should work but the field of view is not really good enough to give you peripheral vision. I'm not sure how much it will benefit the Oculus Rift at the moment. I think that depends on a pixel shader to provide the proper distortion, which I think is not available in D3D8. Anyway, one of the output options will be non-squashed (full) side-by-side 3D, which may possibly make it easier to use the Oculus Rift. Anyway it is a step in that direction. It does appear that the current Oculus Rift's resolution is too low for a racing simulator at the moment. Anyway I should be able to post a 3d test patch in a few days, I'm guessing early next week. Some people will enjoy that, though I realise most people, like me, don't have 3d equipment.

Victor is still with us, although he has indeed got another job, which looks like a really good one, putting his excellent skills to more use. I'm pleased for him about that, as his job here wasn't often really full time, although he is an absolutely vital member of our team. He needed a job as well because our profit share isn't one third each and depends on our actual contributions to the project. Victor started later and never has so much work, so for that reason only, his profit share was a bit of a tight squeeze to live on, specially with the gradual reduction in profits while we are waiting for a serious update.

People ask why I don't come here more often with progress reports. But there hasn't been enough progress to give a report. And it's not appealing to come here and say that. Every month I've thought I would be making more progress, and would have some good progress to report the following month. Hope you see what I mean...

Anyway, we do have to pay the bills and I'm very interested to get the better feeling tyre model out there for everyone to enjoy. You've heard it all before so I don't expect great enthusiasm. It will take a while yet, but hopefully not too long.
Thanks for posting.
My day just got so, so much better! Thank you Scawen for the report, much appreciated!
Can...can this really be happening? Am I dreaming??
this really felt great and proved me right. they are still working on it
Good to see the Developers talking about LFS as a source of income. Eric working on other tracks? That sounds promising! Hopefully we will see some content sooner rather than later before the income stream stops
Thanks for report Scawen

I just recently stated playing with Super-sampling AA (forced using ATI CC), and it looks much better than standard. I would like to have this feature inside LFS, because our computers are more than capable of handling it.
This thread is closed

Nobody has asked outright....so guess I will
(467 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG