The online racing simulator
It was a good race for me.Choosed the shities setup in the world. I was unable to catch XFG's on the straight ...
disappointed i couldn't make the race in the end, and wish i could've done, this is without a doubt my strongest combo. damn women
I wonder why 49 P.Kulijewicz's penalty for speeding in the pitlane was removed... Is it allowed?
Good race, fair penalty, see you next round
Quote from typeracing :i wonder why 49 p.kulijewicz's penalty for speeding in the pitlane was removed... Is it allowed?

+1
Quote from TypeRacing :I wonder why 49 P.Kulijewicz's penalty for speeding in the pitlane was removed... Is it allowed?

He pitted on the last lap so we cleared it and added the pitlane time to his final race time and updated his finishing position where the time would have put him in the results / standings.
You did now, you didnt in the final results until we pointed it out
I need to know what exactly for I was given -2 penalty? As I'm going to work on it.
Quote from TheSAgibbs :He pitted on the last lap so we cleared it and added the pitlane time to his final race time and updated his finishing position where the time would have put him in the results / standings.

So, why did you do that? You clear penalty and then after the race you give him a penalty? What's the point of this?
Quote from M.M.L. :So, why did you do that? You clear penalty and then after the race you give him a penalty? What's the point of this?

Because LFS defaults to 30 seconds for DT and 45 seconds for SG, where those penalties may be wildly under those marks, therefore they apply a more proper time penalty to fit the punishment?
I still dont understand. Why Admins interfere in race? He got penalty (30sec), and that's it. When race is over LFS would add 30sec to his race time.

What time is added to his race time?

If somebody get penalty in 15lap would you him remove penalty?
Quote from M.M.L. :I still dont understand. Why Admins interfere in race? He got penalty (30sec), and that's it. When race is over LFS would add 30sec to his race time.

That would be a 30 second PENALTY. He just went for a pitstop, only on the last lap of the race. If he hadn't have done that LFS wouldn't have penalized him.

What's not to understand? Are you unhappy with him having the pitlane time added? If I hadn't added the pitlane time he'd have basically done a race without a pitstop which is against the rules of the GTiT and unfair to everyone else. I don't get why everyone is making such a fuss.
Quote from M.M.L. :I still dont understand. Why Admins interfere in race? He got penalty (30sec), and that's it. When race is over LFS would add 30sec to his race time.

If somebody get penalty in 15lap would you him remove penalty?

Because LFS will give a time penalty instead of a DT or SG when there is less time remaining in the race than the driver needs to serve the penalty (last lap or two laps left is when LFS converts it, compared to the regulations which offer 3 laps to complete.)

The 30 or 45 second generic conversion does not actually fit the actual time a DT or SG takes for most LFS tracks, so therefor GenR will remove the default penalty, and apply an appropriate time penalty post-race. New Dimension Racing do this as well. Someone who gets a DT for speeding in the pitlane on lap 5 may lose 20 seconds while serving the DT, but someone who speeds on the final lap loses 30 seconds because of the auto-conversion. Is that really fair? What if the DT loss was 40 seconds, but the same infraction would get the automatic 30 second penalty at the end of the race? That's also not fair.

The procedure still penalizes, but does so more appropriately. This is an organized league, not a pickup race - admin involvement is to be expected.

Dom / TheSAgibbs can elaborate / modify what I've been saying, but from what I understand of the situation, the driver in question took the compulsory pitstop late, he committed some infraction that LFS applied a penalty for, which was cleared because it was NOT a DT or an SG, and a penalty will not be issued with 3 or less laps to go per rule, so they cleared the automatically-issued penalty and added the appropriate time to the driver's race time, accomplishing the same goal - punishing the driver for rules infraction.
This thread is closed

Round 1 [BL1] - Information and Discussion
(38 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG