The online racing simulator
Junior FOX: Round 4 Discussion Thread
Fernbay, bring it on

Still an hour till Q let's get another solid turnout!
If a driver misses qualification they can still join to start from pitroad. Thanks to all that are here, if we receive one more confirm however we must resort to a hotlap style qually.
Can't believe.. is it so difficult to make that chicane safe or what? Now my race is over cos of you.
Quote from markantonio :Can't believe.. is it so difficult to make that chicane safe or what? Now my race is over cos of you.

it was stated pre-race that drivers need to go through the chicane in a safe manner. Penalties will be issued due to the warning that was mentioned before the race. I was not going to add ridiculous objects to a chicane that is only dangerous because of tires and not because of design. Any more objects would make it even easier to spin.
Nothing much to add to the U collision.
I've made an overtake the previous lap or so at the same place with #21, which was close move from me to fit in there. My apologies.

Unfortunately #21 tried the same move next lap at the same place, which I saw and did not leave room. That meant #21 hitting me which would have spun me if there wasn't #42 on the outside, at least it seemd so, I hit #42 with the other side of car because the previous contact propelled me and that put my car back in straight line. Damage visible but not fatal. Both other cars were affected by the collision and had to recover to race pace.

Nothing I could do really, sorry. My sincere apologies if #21 had right of room on the inside, it did not appear at the moment to be so and I did not intend to let #21 repeat the same move I've used and saw #21 in advance to try it back and drove accordingly to prevent it, staying inside line.

---

Otherwise a race without collisions or being affected by flying or rolling tyres. Only a spun car in the U that I had to pass right behind at the end of race. Otherwise driving mostly alone at 6th place.
Start laps were a little strange, many collisions ahead in the chicane because cars were probably driving close to each other and tyres were hit.
No comment. Have fun in the final round without me.
good race for me
Quote from RandomnessInside :No comment. Have fun in the final round without me.

it's not really anyone's fault that you damaged your engine by downshifting too quickly every single lap into the left hander after the bridge.
Quote from Bmxtwins :it's not really anyone's fault that you damaged your engine by downshifting too quickly every single lap into the left hander after the bridge.

Never said it was anyone's fault.
no offence random, if you didnt complain and whine all the facking time, you would've had more concentration on downshifting
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :no offence random, if you didnt complain and whine all the facking time, you would've had more concentration on downshifting

Whining had nothing to do with the race, I did 1:19.3 in the qualifying which was pretty much the maximum I could do, the beginning laps were also the expected for me but I had no idea it was probably the engine letting me down, but I also chose bad arbs as well.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Whining had nothing to do with the race, I did 1:19.3 in the qualifying which was pretty much the maximum I could do, the beginning laps were also the expected for me but I had no idea it was probably the engine letting me down, but I also chose bad arbs as well.

engine lets you down for a reason AKA downshifting to early
Quote from RandomnessInside :Whining had nothing to do with the race, I did 1:19.3 in the qualifying which was pretty much the maximum I could do, the beginning laps were also the expected for me but I had no idea it was probably the engine letting me down, but I also chose bad arbs as well.

I was watching you, you just downshift too quickly otherwise could've been top pace
Quote from Bmxtwins :I was watching you, you just downshift too quickly otherwise could've been top pace

ikr. I climbed up to 6th after the start but then my pace started to drop down because of the engine.

****************************************************admin removed idiotic fight*****************************************
this race was a fail, admit it.
The race went fine, just some people being over aggressive.
Quote from Bmxtwins :(...)
Chicane incident involving 64, 05 and collecting 12, 48, 34. Car 64 took the rumble strip too harshly and it caused his car to get up off the ground and slam into the front half of the 05, who was lifting to leave the 64 room to race. The 64 seemed to have thought the 05 would also go full throttle. the 12 ended up on his roof from this, as did the 48. The 34 ended up slamming into the wall after clipping a flying tire. Car 64 will receive a rear of the grid penalty for the next race

I’m sorry for that incident. I was too optimistic and hoped for A. Trollé to lift off and let me go first. But he decided to go there with me (nothing bad, that's completely understandable). I might have crashed even without touching the inside tyres, so again I apologise.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Lap 1:
Chicane incident between the 30 and 88. 88 and 30 had equal overlap with the 88 having the run on the outside. the 30 had the inside but did not lift out enough. the 88 didn't leave the most room, but certainly left enough room for the #30 to get through the corner safely. This caused the 88 to spin later on the exit and minor time loss to the 12. #30 will receive a 5 grid penalty for the next race

I find this very unfair for Haapanen.
That chicane is already tricky when you hit the curbs. He tried to be cautious (he lifted substantially) but because of the curb he couldn't keep his car on the left lane.

This is clearly a racing incident. No need at all to punish him like this.
That's my opinion.
It was good race from my POV.From 23rd to 9th is not bad result for me, I just had good luck to avoid all crashes.I was shocked when I saw all these cars rolling after the chicane on laps 1 & 2.I let pass to all cars who were around me on the start, so it was easy for me to pass the chicane without problems.I crossed the finish line without any crashes and problems and I am happy that I survived.All the time, I was trying to catch #66, but I always was far away to attack him.Gratz again to top 3!Good luck in the last round and hope to see everybody there.
that was probably my best lfs race in a while despite my dnf for a late race contact which got me stuck in the sand. was a blast racing for the 6th position with Dureli (sorry if spelled wrong ). My wreck was unfortunate as I just got loose and into his side as I was trying to setup a crossover move.
Quote from OTone :I find this very unfair for Haapanen.
That chicane is already tricky when you hit the curbs. He tried to be cautious (he lifted substantially) but because of the curb he couldn't keep his car on the left lane.

This is clearly a racing incident. No need at all to punish him like this.
That's my opinion.

We are aware but his trajectory on entry left him no choice but to take that lane. But had he widened his entry up the slightest, it would've been negotiated.
where are the replays?

Junior FOX: Round 4 Discussion Thread
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG