The online racing simulator
GenR GTi Trophy 2013: Car Balancing
Car Balancing:

Drivers must use this restriction at all times including pre-qualifying, qualifying and the race.

ROUND 1
XRG: 1% air-restriction
XFG: n/a

ROUND 2 ONWARD
XRG: 2% air-restriction
XFG: n/a
* Update: From Round 2 onwards the XRG will run a 2% air-intake restriction.
* Update: Success Ballast will no longer be used.
No success ballast, but I thought this would make the racing closer in the long run, otherwise you might get 1-2 Aliens running away with it. It will level the playing field over the series

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :No success ballast, but I thought this would make the racing closer in the long run, otherwise you might get 1-2 Aliens running away with it. It will level the playing field over the series

Fordie

It's hard to have a success ballast system with two grids though.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :It's hard to have a success ballast system with two grids though.

To be fair, its not. The "Alien drivers" will always qualify for the top grid, and other will follow down the order. This will not change no matter what track as the car's are staying the same. Positions 1-5 might change, but in my experience it won't.

Adding Ballast evens the "whole" field up. For example, if you Qual Pole in Grid 1 and win it, then you get success Ballast which will drop you down the field for next qualification, but as your good enough to qual p1 and win, you will still gain the points to compete for the "whole series"

As they are doing Qualification for every round, it will make it fair for every driver, whether they are fast or not

The key point here is "over the whole series" not just one race

Fordie
Shouldn't be the tournament an event to decide the best? Or is it just a meeting,where everyone is so leveled out,that they drive in big bunch?
I don't see what's wrong with the way things are now, the top drivers compete for the top places, surely that's how championships work?

Afterall, you still get 101 points for P32 in Grid 1, that's a lot. Noone is just gonna run away with either championship in this, we even closed up the points system more than it was before, even if we did remove success ballast.
+1 for success ballast. But only for the top 2 in the championship.
not sure how much difference 20kg or 40kg makes in these cars tho.

we could see how the first two rounds go & then have a driver vote for the remainder.
Quote from anttt69 :+1 for success ballast. But only for the top 2 in the championship.
not sure how much difference 20kg or 40kg makes in these cars tho.

we could see how the first two rounds go & then have a driver vote for the remainder.

That would be totally unfair to the people who then have to endure the ballast before it's voted off.

Success ballast is not going to be used this season.
Sorry, i meant the decision to whether we should use ballast or not would be voted on after two rounds. Not used & then voted on.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG