The online racing simulator
You Design an Event!
Well, I'm looking to hold a one off racing event sometime for the community. Looking for what drivers want and what times. Don't really care what car or what track it is or even the distance of the race (under 48 hours please! ). I just want to see an event that hopefully will excite a few members of the community. Not really sure what days I'll be avalible from week to week, but I'll do what I can with times and dates

Why not try something new, different and interesting. Will it be FZR at the Fern Bay Oval? Will it be XFR at Aston Cadet? What will it be? Post what car and track combination you'd like to see (as well as distance) and post if you see one that you like. Post as many as you'd like. I'll take the most mentioned ones and put them into a poll after we get a good number of comments .

If it takes 30 days to get enough variety of track and car combinations... so be it.. we'll wait 30 days to put up a poll

I'm going to leave my suggestions out and let the drivers choose . I like crazy and unique, but you guys have shown over and over again to me that you usually don't (Figure 8, Demolition Derby, Drag Racing, Last Place Elimination, Rally X, ect. events and leagues have all failed in the past when I tried them )
ufb+xfb *racegasm* or figure 8 with slightly restricted gtr *devil*
xrt at bl2r, rac at as3, gtr at ky3 and xfg+xrg at so1r (xrg with slight restriction due to it being faster than the xfg)
we should actually use open config for once.
Oh,Franky finally got a new PC!
Quote from Franky.S :we should actually use open config for once.

Go for it . I'm game for anything at this point

What is an UFB and a XFB? (I've never really used custom cars)
#7 - Sobis
do a rally cross race with the UFR on road tires and AWD and then do some GRC epicness. Or even some rally stages (See attached, stage racing with UFR on hybrids with a four wheel drive tweak)

Or just use RB4 :P
you will need to use pro-tweak with drive train at 3 and slick mod enabled to view replays
Attached files
LLM.R.Kingsbury_FE5X_UFR_FINISHED_2.spr - 68.8 KB - 606 views
LLM.R.Kingsbury_AS1Y_UFR_FINISHED.spr - 183.5 KB - 597 views
Quote from Eclipsed :Oh,Franky finally got a new PC!

but even my old pc ran them with 40-50fps so its all ok
Quote from Bmxtwins :do a rally cross race with the UFR on road tires and AWD and then do some GRC epicness. Or even some rally stages (See attached, stage racing with UFR on hybrids with a four wheel drive tweak)

Or just use RB4 :P
you will need to use pro-tweak with drive train at 3 and slick mod enabled to view replays

This is the first time I have to say that you're right.

League racing lacks a lot of rally/rallycross action, and it would be nice and refreshing to get some for a change. Last time I remember something like this happened was SimRS, which suddenly ended somewhere in 2007.

Different track ideas can be adapted from open configs, so the lack of rallycross tracks wouldn't be limited to only the 3 available tracks. Maybe spice it up in a way and restrict drivers to use normals so the grip won't be that massive. And maybe instead of AWD, have RWD for a change. Or something like an FZ5-only or XRT-only rallycross. Provides a much more exciting drive around the courses.

I'd definitely love to see this.

Also, drag racing would be quite a neat idea. Altough it would require somewhat 1000+bhp cars and different venues for it to be interesting.
Well, if we do stage racing it would be better for leagues IMO. RallyCross for a special events.

I may consider the rally if I can figure out a proper tweak for the UFR to be run with Fiesta ish handling and physics. (not to hijack this thread)
so, me and ray tested some xfr tweaked to fiesta and it simply feels awsome, only need the tyre not heating up as much tweak as well lol
tbo champ is the design event
maybe make sure to have good turn out this season
your sign ups could be boosted
there were many memorable moments in past two seasons/years
id love to see design of tbo champ attract a good crowd again
Quote from nikopdr :League racing lacks a lot of rally/rallycross action, and it would be nice and refreshing to get some for a change. Last time I remember something like this happened was SimRS, which suddenly ended somewhere in 2007..

https://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=366

Quote from nikopdr :Also, drag racing would be quite a neat idea. Altough it would require somewhat 1000+bhp cars and different venues for it to be interesting.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=79807 , but not with a boat load of HP or different venues.
I have GRC-style layouts if needed (not on AutoX/carpark).
yea would defiantly be cool to try yours out. I do think a proper GRC rally event would be pretty cool no matter what league hosted it.

You Design an Event!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG