The online racing simulator
2013 Stream?
Would be nice to have livestream for this event

There appears to be problem that LFS TV Director does not work on open layouts because there is no .pth file?
Some open layouts have user-created .pth files but for AS61 (which is almost the 16h layout except for that one turn between long straights that can either be "smooth inside" or "outside chicane" style) there is none.

Appearently creating a new .pth file is "technically" possible but very cumbersome?
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74329

If TV Director can not be made to work, I also "invented" a different system for toggling different stationary cameras. Looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRkBLOhv9Q
It does not react to what happens on track, just changes fixed camera in defined intervalls. Similiar to what some endurance races on TV do during the night when no TV crew is working. Do not mind excact camera position, was just for test.
Not really perfect for following a race, but together with lfsremote still a bit entertaining I think.
Could also make it use LFS's TV camera instead and change focused car every other minute. (press TAB)

I can probally not stream myself (bandwith+never done before) so if someone can offer streaming service I could help to set up the fixed-cameras thing.

For testing purpose it would be nice to have a multiplayer replay with 2+ cars driving at once on 16h layout. (From practice or qualy is ok)

So in short:
1) needs .pth file for TV Director

2) if no .pth file can be found/made, I am working on "fixed camera system." If someone can provide stream and wants to use it, I can explain how to set it up.

3) For testing purpose a multiplayer replay with 2+ cars on 16h track would be nice.
#2 - Dr3dD
even if you made/got the pth file, there is the needed of a camera man because tvdirector doesn't work in automatic mode over open layouts, you have to choose the car to be followed manually.
That sucks, we hoped .pth file could make it work.
Well I am making fixed cameras for 16h layout now and will upload once it is all done.

Since I know nothing about streaming (like if my PC is powerfull enough) still looking for a streamer
Quote from Gutholz :That sucks, we hoped .pth file could make it work.
Well I am making fixed cameras for 16h layout now and will upload once it is all done.

Since I know nothing about streaming (like if my PC is powerfull enough) still looking for a streamer

http://www.simrace.tv/ is a wonderful service by Lutz Enger which atleast would ensure that the system is powerful enough to stream. LFSCART, CityLiga or GT1 World Series used it in the past create their online broadcasts.
However you'd still need someone for the cameras and/or the talking.
stream now in bigger size, but smaller resolution so it lags less.
do not mind the sub-optimal cameras, i just placed them in few seconds
seemy my bandwith is only enough for 360p stream hm.
i will leave it running a bit longer...at times there might be black screen for a few moments we try are changing settings
this will be the final channel?
Quote from d_cury :this will be the final channel?

We will post a link here when everything checks out and there is a 90% chance it will

But remember the stream will be unattended so don't expect any commentary. We think we'll use Race Viewer for automagic camera switching.
Quote from d_cury :this will be the final channel?

fortunately not.
chefdenker's stream will be much better quality.
The final stream is here, guys!
I will be streaming the whole event with RaceViewer.

http://www.twitch.tv/16hrace

The stream will be unattended and might not be fixed very quickly if it rbeaks but I think it'll be fine.
It'll show some test coverage until the race starts.
Nice!

What language will the stream be in?
what language will the stream be in?
Thx for this great service!
I'm watching at the moment. Unfortunately the cams follow only one driver, is this supposed to be like this?
camera gets changed manually from time to time, race viewer is not working so good. sometimes gets stuck on one car.
hopefully soon random car-switching will work.

2013 Stream?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG