The online racing simulator
GTO 2014: Announcement
Announcing the 2014 Genuine Racing GT Open!

OVERVIEW

It's been quite some time since there was a championship aimed at amateur drivers, but here is one again! The Genuine Racing GT Open is here! Aimed at PRO-AM and AM driver combinations, this new championship draws inspiration from the various national and international PRO-AM GT championships, such as the FIA GT3 European Championship for example, to give lesser experienced drivers as well as complete rookies the chance to compete in international GT racing on a competitive level. The season consists of 6 events, one on each track environment, using the FZR with a 20% air-intake restriction. All rounds of the championship will consist of 24h of pre-qualifying from Friday to Saturday followed by a 20 minute long qualifying session and a 2 hour long race on Sunday evening.

For the 20-minute long qualifying session any of the two competing drivers in each team may set the time. All races will be started with a rolling start after a formation lap behind the Pace Car.

All teams who are looking into training their lesser experienced and amateur drivers are welcome to enter. No team should enter more than two cars however, unless there is a massive demand for more slots or a lack of entries.

SERIES SCHEDULE

Round 1: 06.12.2013 - 08.12.2013
2h of Kyoto Ring GP Long (KY3B)

Round 2: 27.12.2013 - 29.12.2013
2h of Blackwood GP Track (BL1)

Round 3: 24.01.2014 - 26.01.2014
2h of Aston Grand Prix rev. (AS5R)

Round 4: 21.02.2014 - 23.02.2014
2h of Westhill International (WE1)

Round 5: 28.03.2014 - 30.03.2014
2h of Fern Bay Gold (FE3)

Round 6: 11.04.2014 - 13.04.2014
2h of South City Long rev. (SO4R)

All events will take place from Fridays to Sundays using the following timetable:

18:30 UTC on Friday: Start of Pre-Qualifying

18:30 UTC on Saturday: End of Pre-Qualifying
18:00 UTC on Sunday: Qualifying
18:30 UTC on Sunday: Race

The full rulebook, sign-ups and skin kit can be found here, in the GT Open sub-section, within the next couple of days.

See you on track!

inb4 IMOL.

But a nice concept, has my interest!
Read as GT0.
#4 - IMOL
#5 - Bean0
Abbreviations ftw!
1/5, wouldn't take part
but how do you decide who is pro and who isnt?
Frank, ur not pro.
Quote from Franky.S :but how do you decide who is pro and who isnt?

Step 1: Open rules
Step 2: Go to section B
Step 3: Read it

You can thank me later.
The only thing I don't like is the points system, I know it's for close and competitive championships but it reduces the value of a single, or handful of points interms of personal achievment/satisfaction.
Mhmmm..

I'll check in later when you decide to check through all the driver rankings etc
For once, me being slow might be fun
Doesn't seems to be much interest for this, maybe a good idea to put it on hold and wait for better lfs times, we could use that time to improve it and make it more attractive for everyone?

What do you think?
Yeah, I agree. Even though I was excited.
The 2014 Genuine Racing GT Open will be abandoned until further notice. Just like with the cancellation of the GT1 Challenge we are doing it out of interest for the whole league racing community, there simply isn't enough demand for so many similar team-based series right now.

We want to apologise to the teams who were interested in the series and we are sorry to not be able to make it happen for them. Maybe things will improve in future.

GTO 2014: Announcement
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG