The online racing simulator
16h 2013: New Info
We have good news. The race will be held this year as i found help for the tracker and registration homepage.

The registration will be opened on monday evening. Layout and the most infos can be found here.

The restrictions for the GT2 are chosen: FXR and XRR will have 23% Air Intake restriction as the FXR has the best time yet and FZR will ohly have 19% restriction. I think these are okay for the track, but even if not, they won't be changed.

I will release the full rules 2013 tomorrow, but i can announce some changes:
-every team is allowed as many cars as they want per class
-"adminteams" will be counted for the final results with up to 6 drivers (instead of 4)

Adminteams are teams that are willing to help me supervise the servers. You can write me a pm if you want to help and i will nominate adminteams after the qualification. Adminteams need to have at least 2 people on the server all the time and have to tell me if there is something wrong on the server.

The registration will be opened at 16 o'clock UTC today. The official homepage is http://www.16-hour-race.de/. Don't mind the tracker yet, we are testing some things.

This year we won't have a complex template, just a numberplate which you have to put on both sides of your skin. You can download it here
Attached files
2013template.psd - 399 KB - 785 views
Your restrictions are to put it mildly retarded. I've done a week of testing and gave you the perfect restrictions to have all 3 cars equal for the given track. What you have done is made FZR so clear favorite anyone with smallest amount of brain will be forced to run it due to clear favoritism. Good job Mildred.
you gave me the "perfect" restrictions in your opinion. The "little" problem is, that one little alien in the fxr did a 2:41. can you do that in your "perfect" Xr2 too? Best FZ2 Lap driven on our Server was more than a second slower than the best XR2 time. I made this decision with the times i saw on the server.
Quote from commandermas :Best FZ2 Lap driven on our Server was more than a second slower than the best XR2 time. I made this decision with the times i saw on the server.

Perhaps you could have invited someone to make a representative laptime for FZR in that case then and fiddle it in with other two cars. Driver difference can be over two seconds a lap here easily. That's how demanding the track it is.

Quote from commandermas :I think these are okay for the track, but even if not, they won't be changed.

Great attitude.
perhaps you didn't notice, but i invited the whole community to drive with every car.
No offence, but the track choice sucks balls, people might actually want to test it out if it was on a proper track like it was last year or so
last race was custom track, too and you download the track here since April!
Invite some testers by PM is what I meant. To be explicit, I also asked you for some report on how are things going on forum... you did nothing. You announced you'll conclude on laptimes set on server long time prior to that and did nothing ever since. Not even thanks to my detailed testing. I mean load of ball. Of course I wasn't gonna come back and do any more testing then. There was about 30 types of restrictions and there was no way anyone would test that anywhere competitively.

Logical progress towards some restriction would have made sense and you asking of us to test specific car with specific restriction this week for example, as compared to other restriction of other car and then next week little fine tuning and that's it.

Anyway, whatever man. You seem stuck up with your final decision now and FZR will be by far preferred choice for this years 16h race then if one can drive it. Believe me it will be a lot quicker without any weight ballast onboard to slow it down a little bit. If one can't drive FZR then he will drive FXR and XRR will be only for some die hard fans. God have mercy on them, since 1trilion hairpin track hate's XRR by itself. It would have been interesting to drive XRR, since it's really the most difficult car with track that doesn't suit it. Driving it hard with restriction that would have given you a chance would be a blast. Oh well. No way going back now.
i appreciate you effort, but it was not what i intended to have. I had some predefined versions of the cars on the server that should have been tested. Some tested that and i did some tests with friends myself.

furthermore it should have become clear that i didn't have much time for anything in the last months (why on earth sould i start everything so late if i had had time)

if you can name some really good FZR drivers that are willing to drive some laps on the server that would be great and then i could invite them. If they really crash the times i am willing to change my mind in case of restrictions.
May as well rename it to the FZR festival
Quote from commandermas :if you can name some really good FZR drivers that are willing to drive some laps on the server that would be great and then i could invite them. If they really crash the times i am willing to change my mind in case of restrictions.

Ok man cool. GenR is holding a GTM weekend atm. Next week a lot of racers who are taking part there will be free. All of the guys in top 6 atm in their standings, plus Tomek [IMOL << username] who had misfortunate race 1 can drive FZR very, very quickly.
that would be great if they would help.
is it still going on the 10-11th August?
It clashes with LFSCART, also a fact is that it's at the end of the season, fighting for championchip
Yes it is still 10-11th August as that is the only weekend before december when i have time.
In my opinion there is every time a car that is faster and cars wich are preferred. For me i decided to drive fzr even there were some ballast.
Cause it is my favourite. I knew i wouldnt have a chance agaisnt other cars. Now it may is the fastest. Okay. But look at other leagues. Look at GenR Masters. There 80% XRR a few fxr and a few fzr. FXR won´t be able to qualify there or even very hard. Same thign around. you never will see a mixed field with like 10 fxr,10xrr and 10 fzr. It is not possible.

And Niki. surely you made testing very well. you´re nrmally a fast guy but as Joonas said the track is just horrible... So not much were testing. Me was just driving around cause someone asked me to test his set.
first post updated
I see no interest from other drivers in testing this theory that FZR is under-restricted and the sign up period is open. And don't believe this bull it's a bad track. It's just summer and people find their reasons to avoid testing.

So, I guess you should just leave it as it is, as sign up period is open already.
#18 - Be2K
I've tested some Rounds yesterday and i was over 3 Seconds slower then the fastest FXR. Sure i am not the best FZR Driver but the Track has so Many Corners that the FXR should have a bit of advantage there.

Dont know the fastes Lap Times overall right now
updated with template file
I see kiste and Krasi tested the other day and so did I today. To my great surprise the 19% is just only barely faster than 20% restriction on FZR. This would explain why guys in GT2WS were able to beat MoE GT2 laptimes (21% versus 20%). And then you have a look at XRR and it's a different planet. The difference between 23% and 24% is like night and day. It's what originally made me think that 19% fzr would be a blast compared to 20% one. As it turns out XRR is highly competitive now.
FZR can do 41s easily with r2s, even aim for 40high 41lows in Qually
Quote from krkriv :FZR can do 41s easily with r2s, even aim for 40high 41lows in Qually

41s easily can't be done. To reach there you need a heaps of training if even possible. By which time you can also be making some amazing XRR laptimes. It's gonna be a though choice to decide.
I've done 42s with race fuel and r2 r3, so pls. If you are good enough you just need 50laps max on this combo to hit 41s.
Quote from krkriv : If you are good enough you just need 50laps max on this combo to hit 41s.

It's actually two minute and 41s. Which translated in training time is awefuly lot then. And let's not start adding the outlaps to that. So much about 41s being easy.
So basically you want to say that 1h-2 of practice for a 16h our race is too much? Logic lvl: Niki

16h 2013: New Info
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG