The online racing simulator
GenR GTi Trophy 2013: Announcement

Welcome to the Genuine Racing GTi Trophy!

OVERVIEW

In Genuine Racing's first organised GTi Trophy, the series will include a variety of tracks that will challenge both car and driver. This might be in the narrow, tight turns of South City or on the open fast roads of Westhill, it is known there will be many battles on the 6 tracks to hold the GTi Trophy of 2013. Throught the series a drivers championship and a team championship will be running. The event will consist of six 40 minute races, starting with the LFS Standing start and 1 compulsary pit stop. There will be two grids, the 64 fastest from the prequalifying will be entered into the races allowing for a total of 64 drivers per event.

All drivers and teams are welcome enter the league. Drivers do not have to sign up with a team, but if they do only the 2 highest point-earning drivers score towards the team championship. The races will consist of a 24 hour pre-qualifying period before the race which decides who will be entered to the 20 minute qualifier, followed by a 40 minute race.

SERIES SCHEDULE

Round 1 : 04.09.2013 : Blackwood GP (BL1)
Round 2 : 18.09.2013 : Aston Cup Reversed (AS22) - Map
Round 3 : 02.10.2013 : South City Long (SO4)
Round 4 : 09.10.2013 : Fern Bay Island Reversed (FE25) - Map
Round 5 : 23.10.2013 : Westhill International Reversed (WE1R)
Round 6 : 06.11.2013 : Kyoto National (KY2)

CAR BALANCING

At all events drivers must use the balancing restriction.

XRG: 1% air-restriction for Blackwood ONLY, 2% for Round 2 onwards.
XFG: -

RULES & EXTRAS

Rulebook
Entry List
Open-Configuration Map Download
I am looking forward to this.

note: I think SO6r might be better than SO4
1% intake res. for XRGs? Oh, well..
It is mainly going to be XRGs anyways, restriction or not. :P
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Wut.
I must say i am seriously tempted. but 1% only for XRG? i reckon 2% or 3% would have made it a lot more exciting, 1% has like nearly no effect.
Race specific restrictions perhaps?
Perhaps it might be done race to race. Blackwood is equal, A22 is XRG, SO4 is XFG, WE1, KY and FE are XRG. As a result I may consider race to race restriction.
Argh... too bad these races are on wednesdays... If I'd sign up my participation rate would be lower than in Turbo Trophy.
Quote from TFalke55 :Argh... too bad these races are on wednesdays... If I'd sign up my participation rate would be lower than in Turbo Trophy.

Hehe, it is impossible to make everyone happy!
Quote from Framaris :Hehe, it is impossible to make everyone happy!

Hehe, sadly that's true no critizism in it
Effort makes people happy.

Find what 1% loses in terms of lap pace. It'll probably be around 3 tenths. So then when you check the WRs you find the difference between XFG and XRG, and for every 3 tenths you add 1% restriction. Will this be perfect? Of course not, but it'll show effort.
I think we'll just leave the restrictions as they are. It's been announced and obviously some tracks are going to be better for XRG, but some will be better for XFG. We'll see how it goes, bear in mind the success ballast is in place so the same three won't always win.
WR times

BL1:
XFG - 1:32.74
XRG - 1:32.36 (-0.38)
yep, equal

Well for AS22r we'll take the AS2r WR because of the straight
AS2r:
XFG - 1:22.03
XRG - 1:21.40 (-0.63)

SO4:
XFG - 2:03.26
XRG - 2:02.69 (-0.67)
Definately an XFG track yea?

FE25R - We'll take FE2r
FE2r:
XFG - 1:25.68
XRG - 1:24.87 (-0.81)

WE1r:
XFG - 2:09.22
XRG - 2:08.73 (-0.49)

KY2:
XFG - 2:14.12
XRG - 2:13.22 (-0.90)(!!!!!!!!!!)

Its quite clear that 1% likely won't be enough and XRG will walk away with it. Maybe you want 1% for BL1 and MAYBE WE1r and 2 or 3% for the rest. Judging from Turbo Trophy, 3% on the FXO lost it 0.9 seconds at AS2r and 0.45 seconds at BL1r so take from that what you will.

And on the other hand choosing lots of tracks with long straights probably wasn't the best idea.
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Quote from TheSAgibbs :I think we'll just leave the restrictions as they are. It's been announced and obviously some tracks are going to be better for XRG, but some will be better for XFG. We'll see how it goes, bear in mind the success ballast is in place so the same three won't always win.

With that restriction, sometimes XFG has a chance to be on the same pace as fastest XRG's and regularly it doesn't. It's still always going to be better to take the XRG. If anyone wants to win the championship or regularly win races then they should take the XRG. If you're happy with that, then thats fine I mean you put the restriction there before anyone chooses the car, so people can't really complain about it. If you want people to test it and get people to give suggestions about something better, then now is the time to say that too. I just fancy some XFG lulz.
Quote from Smashmolth :Many of those xrg wr's are still pretty bad compared to xfg, so difference would be even bigger.

Why not improve them then? Last time you told me you were the 2nd fastest XRG driver in LFS, it shouldn't be so hard for you
Quote from JackDaMaster :WR times

BL1:
XFG - 1:32.74
XRG - 1:32.36 (-0.38)
yep, equal

Well for AS22r we'll take the AS2r WR because of the straight
AS2r:
XFG - 1:22.03
XRG - 1:21.40 (-0.63)

SO4:
XFG - 2:03.26
XRG - 2:02.69 (-0.67)
Definately an XFG track yea?

FE25R - We'll take FE2r
FE2r:
XFG - 1:25.68
XRG - 1:24.87 (-0.81)

WE1r:
XFG - 2:09.22
XRG - 2:08.73 (-0.49)

KY2:
XFG - 2:14.12
XRG - 2:13.22 (-0.90)(!!!!!!!!!!)

Its quite clear that 1% likely won't be enough and XRG will walk away with it. Maybe you want 1% for BL1 and MAYBE WE1r and 2 or 3% for the rest. Judging from Turbo Trophy, 3% on the FXO lost it 0.9 seconds at AS2r and 0.45 seconds at BL1r so take from that what you will.

And on the other hand choosing lots of tracks with long straights probably wasn't the best idea.

I'm also thinking about 2%, with that the XRG is probably a little quicker still, but with 3% it might be even/ a little slower. Any of the two is definately better than 0% or 1%.
2%+ 5-10kg
I think if you put KG's on the XRG, then once you add the KG's from success ballast, even if it wouldn't be too slow it would definitely take away from the fun. I would imagine like Marius said 2% is the right balance between giving XFG a chance and not killing the XRG. I'd still say XRG would be the better choice, but atleast it would be an improvement on how it is now or without any restriction.
No kg. the cornering speed is fine, all it needs is 2% air restrictor and thats it.

That still allows people to use their favorite car and maintain the XFG as a competitive counterpart.
I agree ballast is not the answer. I also agree that another 1% added would at least make the XFG competitive. Currently you might as well rename it to FXR or RB4, as that's the category XFG is in currently.
Add restriction+mass=Everyone changes to XFG.
it would be muscj better if there was some kind of mandatory car, lets say in first race everyone must use xfg, and in second xrg, and so, it would make competence more intense.....
Stop making this issue more complicated than it already is. The only little change the car-balancing needs is 2% instead of 1% on the XRG. Not more, not less.
This thread is closed

GenR GTi Trophy 2013: Announcement
(41 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG