The online racing simulator
GTM 2013: Rulebook
Hello racers!

You can find the 2013 Genuine Racing Grand Touring Masters here.

It's a document with roughly 12 pages, mostly explaining all procedures and which penalties may be given for incidents and violations of various rules. The series administration reserves the right to edit the document at any time should we feel it is necessary.

If you find any errors of spelling, numbering, or loopholes in the rules, please let me know.
Rulebook Revision 2 (last updated on May 21, 2013):

Changelog (changes will be highlighted yellow in the rulebook and in bold letters here):

- Added Rule D.3 -Any drivers that have confirmed their attendance and then do not turn up for the main event will receive a 30-point penalty for the first offence and will be excluded from the remainder of the season after the second offence.

- Added Rule M.1.2 - Members of the race administration are also allowed to file protests if they feel that an incident has to be investigated. However, they must do so within one hour of the race finishing, or their protests will no longer be accepted.
- Added Rule N.4 - Should two drive-through penalties be issued to a driver in very close succession, the driver will then receive a stop-go penalty instead of two drive-through penalties.
- Added Rule Q.5 - If a mass timeout has occured the drivers who lost connection are encouraged to rejoin the server to await further instructions from the race administration. Should the server be permanently offline, the race administration will give their orders through the race discussion thread in the series' forum.
- Added Rule T.4 -Should the option to kick or ban other players be enabled on the event servers, whether it be because the server is unpassworded for practice between events or for any other reason, no competitor will be allowed to ban another series participant from the server, no matter what the reason might be. Instead, it should be reported to a member of the series administration, so he can deal with the situation at hand.
- Added Rule S.2.2 - The use of a manual axis clutch (clutch pedal) is allowed as long as it is being used in combination with a manual shifter.

- Modified Rule C.2 -The available car numbers range from 02 to 99. Car number 01 is reserved for the reigning driver's champion. Should there be too few numbers, the administration will assign further numbers to the range of available numbers for new sign-ups.
-
Modified Rule F.2.1 - The official name format for all drivers is: 000 F. Lastname
- Modified Range of penalties that can be given after a qualifying or race session.

- Rule F.2.1.a is F.2.2 now, Rule F.2.2 is F.2.3 now.
- Rule N.4 is N.5 now, Rule N.5 is N.6 now.

Rulebook link in the OP has been updated.
Rulebook Revision 3 (last updated on June 19, 2013):

Changelog (changes will be highlighted yellow in the rulebook and in bold letters here):

- Added Rule G.3 -
During qualifying, all drivers may only use the car they have chosen to compete with for the season. Any drivers who set a qualifying time with multiple cars will be excluded from the event.

- Modified several rules to accommondate 31 participants (including changes to the points system).

- Rule G.3 is G.4 now, Rule G.4 is G.5 now, G.4.1 is G.5.1 now.

Rulebook link in the OP has been updated.
A few questions to clarify things, just read the document.

Is it allowed to overtake immediately after green flag or does one have to wait to cross the start/finish line and then can overtake on flying race start in this league?

Is it allowed to jump to pits during qualifying? SHIFT+P

Are we required to spectate (and retire) after a crash to avoid more collisions with the field? Or should we stay on track and try to avoid collisions if we can, safely rejoin track if possible.

I don't like pit jumping neither spectating but I guess jumping to pits is allowed and spectating is not required?

Correct me if I'm wrong:
As I understand, there is no tracker and if one loses connection, they can come back to the server and see if it was mass disconnect or not, but in any case cannot rejoin the race.

There is no safety car, if one gets stuck it's game over.

What about rule B.3 and the change of FX2 to 22% before season start?
Quote from JackCY :A few questions to clarify things, just read the document.

Is it allowed to overtake immediately after green flag or does one have to wait to cross the start/finish line and then can overtake on flying race start in this league?

Is it allowed to jump to pits during qualifying? SHIFT+P

Are we required to spectate (and retire) after a crash to avoid more collisions with the field? Or should we stay on track and try to avoid collisions if we can, safely rejoin track if possible.

I don't like pit jumping neither spectating but I guess jumping to pits is allowed and spectating is not required?

Correct me if I'm wrong:
As I understand, there is no tracker and if one loses connection, they can come back to the server and see if it was mass disconnect or not, but in any case cannot rejoin the race.

There is no safety car, if one gets stuck it's game over.

What about rule B.3 and the change of FX2 to 22% before season start?

1.) As rule H.7 shows, as soon as the green flag flies overtaking will be allowed, no matter if you are passed the s/f line or not.

2.) Jumping to the pits with Shift-P/S is allowed during qualifying yes.

3.) Every driver who cannot continue his race, whether that's through being stuck, flipping or just not being able to move due to damage should leave the race session yes. You can also not rejoin the race after a time-out.

4.) The FXR restriction change is only temporary. FXR must use 23% for all following rounds after Round 1.
Thanks
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG