The online racing simulator
2013 Stock Car 250 Discussion Thread
Countdown to the Stock Car 250

Car: FZ50 GTR (FZR) - Unrestricted - 365 kW (490 hp) - 1100 kg (2425 lbs)
Track: Kyoto Ring Oval (KY1) - 2.980km (1.852 Miles) - 3 Turns
Distance of Race: 135 laps (250.020 Miles - 402.300 km) + 5 pace laps
Tyres Permitted: R2 & R3
Pit Window: 78 - 90 laps (fuel)
Pit Entry: Exit of Turn #3
Pit Exit: Exiting Turn #1
Saftey Car Speed: 75 MPH (120 km/h)
Bump Drafting: Not Permitted

Event Time Table* (GMT Clock)
Race Day: Sunday, April 21, 2013
-13:55 UTC – Teamspeak join deadline for Stock Car 250 driver's meeting
-14:00 UTC – Stock Car 250 Qualifying begins
-14:30 UTC – Grid Stacking begins
-14:35 UTC – Pace Laps Begin (5 pace laps, final pace lap being double file)
-14:40 UTC – Stock Car 250 Green Flag (135 laps / 250.020 miles)
-16:10 UTC – Estimated race completion

* – All times are estimated. Teamspeak join deadlines are static unless otherwise noted on this thread or in a prior session.

Discussion of the 2013 running of this event may be made here

Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/RealisticNASCAR/
Stream: TBA

Official Note: Any discussion here which is not directly involved with the event will not be tolerated. Any kind of insults will not be permitted on this thread. Please take them to PM's if you must do them at all. I beleive that many competitors would like to have a race discussion thread. Don't ruin that for everybody please. :scared:
Reminder to all competitors that the first practice session for the Stock Car 250 will be tomorrow at 13:00 GMT. Hope to see you there and Happy Easter

Practice Session Thread: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=82612

Saftey Car Speed has been posted as well.
Event time table updated due to the expected lack of competitors (about 10)
still 3 days to confirm

but lack of, and cancellation of, practise sessions caused lack of interest by potential participants
skins required?
No skins are required.

I apologize for the lack of practice sessions. I had intended to have at least 4 sessions, but I haven't had much if any time on my hands recently. Between work and school I've been 'working' 60+ hour weeks the last 3 weeks and I needed to do some testing for the WTBOCS last Sunday (my only day completely off every week) . Then of course there's always homework to attend to.
Yeeey,I won something!

Start was pretty lousy though,lost ground to leaders,as there was too little pull from draft in start/finish straight due to tailwind. And also got involved in few incidents,but in last caution I had enough fuel for the rest of the race,so I stayed out,just like my teammate. After restart we somehow happened to drop off Zlatev,rest of the race had a good drafting,as I got used to wind conditions and managed to pull 4s lead from followers. With 5 laps to go we catched Koreny to lap him,but the dude stayed all the time very close and even went for overtake - seriously,dude,it's just few laps from finish,you're more than a half lap behind closest rival,but yet you have still to mess with leaders when you have nothing to gain? It's still fight for a win and with this wicked wind cars are exceeding 300km/h and sometimes there are just centimeters gap,I have enough stress already to worry about an extra car,who has even nothing to do in this fight - why did you have to mess? One mistake and you could take out us both,was that what you wanted???
Despite having done same in restricted FZR race and lose it in similar situation,also this time I decided to pass in final turn and take low line,as I knew,that tailwind will help me,seems like Patrick messed up distance,so he somehow never had chance to pass in final straight - first win for me since 29th march last year,where I won a low attended and much quitted MOM race in ramp oval with XRT.

Thanks,Patrick for great work,this 1-2 was a real team achievement!
Good quali for me.Good race till 85th lap when i realized that in front of me is RG team and behind me is Savage.Was thinking what to do when the time comes to take the best from this race.Racing in Oval without teammate is so hard.And at this point i lost Patrick and Rony.I fall back and tried to stay with Kapal and Dohnalik.And at this point there was 49 laps till the end, F12 showed 1% fuel per lap, i had 49% of fuel.Dohnalik hit me in t3 and that was the end.Fuel consumption jumped to 1.2% when drafted with Holmberg and refueling was needed.P7 after Pole position and so many laps with the leaders...Good job RG Team.Really fair and fast drivers !
Quote from Eclipsed :With 5 laps to go we catched Koreny to lap him,but the dude stayed all the time very close and even went for overtake - seriously,dude,it's just few laps from finish,you're more than a half lap behind closest rival,but yet you have still to mess with leaders when you have nothing to gain? It's still fight for a win and with this wicked wind cars are exceeding 300km/h and sometimes there are just centimeters gap,I have enough stress already to worry about an extra car,who has even nothing to do in this fight - why did you have to mess? One mistake and you could take out us both,was that what you wanted???

Well, I was cool, I was following you, not trying anything. That Patrick slowed down (try to gap me?) so I've passed him.. Is that problem for you? Hey, I've clearly showed you that i am not going to pass you, was just following you..
But next time I'll leave you at least half lap gap, k?
Quote from Denny12 :
But next time I'll leave you at least half lap gap, k?

That is a shitty and unneccessary comment.

If 2 leaders are driving a good race, keep out of it, fall back, anything that happens when you try to follow them or draft them WILL BE YOUR FAULT. Get it???
Quote from Denny12 :Well, I was cool, I was following you, not trying anything. That Patrick slowed down (try to gap me?) so I've passed him.. Is that problem for you? Hey, I've clearly showed you that i am not going to pass you, was just following you..

You say this to someone who has reported some of your crazy overtakes,when race is at stake and knowing your driving,I was VERY worried about this situation! And yet you went for a pass,why? What did you gain there?
Quote from Jettascuba :That is a shitty and unneccessary comment.

If 2 leaders are driving a good race, keep out of it, fall back, anything that happens when you try to follow them or draft them WILL BE YOUR FAULT. Get it???

I was just following them, that is not against the rules.. Why shouldn't I follow them? It could help me in case of sc..

Quote from Eclipsed :You say this to someone who has reported some of your crazy overtakes,when race is at stake and knowing your driving,I was VERY worried about this situation! And yet you went for a pass,why? What did you gain there?

Patrick said it's no prob..
When I am blue flaged, i woudn't try to pass you, i have brain.
I've tried it because Patric slowed down..

I don't really understand this.. Is this because of that cheat in qual in practice seassion? I don't see point of that really.. I wasn't any dangerous to any of you, what is still your problem?

EDIT:
I've done that hard work and checked replay.. I was never closer than 1 meter behind you, leaving you enought space..
and you are calling me dangerous?
Ok,never mind,keep doing it if you think it's fine,I just wish you to be in same situation with let's say your "friend" Majoor sitting on your tale when you can only guess what he's gonna do!
This time everything ended fine,allthough who knows how the race could be decided if we hadn't need to worry about another car,where noone can predict what will he do,as he suddenly mixes in. But sometime in similar situation some slight lag,contact could end in a disaster when there is an extra 1.2 tons of steel 2 meters behind travelling 80 meters per second...
But still remember the situation and ask yourself - what had you lost if you would drop off us 5 laps to go more that 10s in front of closest follower,more than half a lap behind driver ahead?

Edit: It was a sort of a message - stay the firetruck away from me! Obviously you didn't get it...
Edit2: Just checked the replay - Patrick slowed down there to leave bigger gap and have better run,thus gain more speed,it is normal to do so on the long straight (might be something new for you),but pretty dangerous to do so when having someone 1m from your bumper - risk to get bumped from you is pretty high.
Quote from Denny12 :I was never closer than 1 meter behind you, leaving you enought space..
and you are calling me dangerous?

How can you THINK that 1m behind someone at 275kph is not dangerous?? This is what makes oval racing extremely dangerous.

The problem with someone trailing close on the heels of another driver is that the ahead drivers does not have maneuvering options, he has to think about the actions of the behind driver all the time. With 2 or 3 drivers fighting for position, or trying to leave the pack, it is understandable and part of racing. With a lap down racer joining them, it is just an unneccesary hindrance (As Eclipsed said: Falconbridge may simply have tried to get himself into a advantegous position from which to attack, with you inbetween, it cost him). This actually deserves a formal protest.

I had two opportunities to join their group, and your group when you passed me, I was just too afraid of messing up. At that stage I was the most behind driver, and could've used it to my advantage in case of SC's. Just did not feel right to risk drivers on the lead lap for my own gain.
Dear Mr. Conradie,

Thank you for your opinion about the crash on lap 36. I accept it but let me write some notes.

- You say that I was not braking. Yes, I was not. But what was your reason to go there with 100% throttle? You really wanted so much to gain my position? Or what was the reason? You saw the yellow flag many long seconds before. I think it was called also on TS but you still went on full. I do not understand.

- After the incident you did the same. You did not step on the brake pedal. Everything you were concentrating on was typing message "f*ck" (I'm sorry). Thank you for this very useful piece of information. I would not have finished the race without this. But that Mr. Krompušs almost crashed to you is the thing you do not care about at all. So please, send a protest also to car 45 . It is really the same situation.

- "Crash" on lap 91. You think I did it on purpose. Of course I did not. I admit that we wanted to drop Mr. Zlatev out of the draft because we were slower about cca 0,3 s per lap than we were able to do only with Mr. Kapal. I think here is nothing against the rules. That contact was nothing more than bad luck. Mr. Zlatev was really close in T3. (For example I drove there more wide as you can see in the replay). Unfortunately, it is clear who was unlucky there. I have nothing more to say.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

After an Incident
AI-1: Any driver rejoining the track after a spin/crash/off has the responsibility of not driving into other competitors - regardless of position or situation. Being stuck on the barriers is regarded as a crash.
AI-2: On-track drivers at racing speed always have right of way over anyone returning to the track, even if the incident was not your fault.
AI-3: Your right of way does not exist until you are up to racing speed on-track.
AI-4: Always use your mirrors, look buttons and mini-map (if available) to check for oncoming traffic. Not doing so is highly dangerous.
AI-5: If a competitor's car has come to a halt on the track, either through spinning or crashing, then that driver must apply the brakes and not move whatsoever. This helps oncoming traffic find a route through the incident as a moving chicane is a lot harder to avoid and will result in a collision.
AI-6: The stationary driver must either spectate as soon as possible, or if safe to do so, return to racing speed once all oncoming traffic has passed.

Number of rules broken: 6
Quote from Fast Jarda :Dear Mr. Conradie,

- "Crash" on lap 91. You think I did it on purpose. Of course I did not. I admit that we wanted to drop Mr. Zlatev out of the draft because we were slower about cca 0,3 s per lap than we were able to do only with Mr. Kapal.

Pity this sentence is complete nonsense, you were 0.7s slower on any lap after you removed Zlatev from the draft, if anything, you were slowing the 3 car draft down.
Quote from Fast Jarda :. But what was your reason to go there with 100% throttle? You really wanted so much to gain my position? Or what was the reason? You saw the yellow flag many long seconds before. I think it was called also on TS but you still went on full. I do not understand.

- After the incident you did the same. You did not step on the brake pedal. Everything you were concentrating on was typing message "f*ck" (I'm sorry). Thank you for this very useful piece of information. I would not have finished the race without this. But that Mr. Krompušs almost crashed to you is the thing you do not care about at all. So please, send a protest also to car 45 . It is really the same situation.

The track was completely clear when I crossed the s/f line, and up to the point before you decided to drove in front of me. What did I have to gain by passing you, I was 4 laps down?

After the crash I was off track, why did I have to apply the brakes? I spectated long before Kronpuss passed the incident site.
-
(Fast Jarda) DELETED by Fast Jarda
Quote from Jettascuba :
After the crash I was off track, why did I have to apply the brakes? I spectated long before Kronpuss passed the incident site.

Not sure.

Anyway, let the race control to say their decision. I really would like to know that .
Quote from Fast Jarda :
- "Crash" on lap 91. You think I did it on purpose. Of course I did not. I admit that we wanted to drop Mr. Zlatev out of the draft because we were slower about cca 0,3 s per lap than we were able to do only with Mr. Kapal. I think here is nothing against the rules. That contact was nothing more than bad luck. Mr. Zlatev was really close in T3. (For example I drove there more wide as you can see in the replay). Unfortunately, it is clear who was unlucky there. I have nothing more to say.

Ahh from where to begin ...First of all - 3 car draft is faster than a 2 car draft !
From what i read you are trying to say that i was slowing you down.Actually you said it.When i was in the lead with Rony and Patrick your group of 3 czech drivers was unable to catch us at all.You know why ?! - couse of you.When i made a mistake and lost Rony and Patrick.You and Kapal catched me and throughout the time i was in your group i was TRYING TO HELP.But you was to busy trying to lose me off not realizing that we loosing so much time.What do you think ?! Dat i dont wont to go faster and catch up the leaders ?! I dont like you and you dont like me - Thats obvious.But use your head more often. And i did not saw you gain any time after you dropped me off (hit me couse of stupidity ).I got the pole position.I was in the lead almost half a race extending my lead from you.And i am the one slowing you down ?! Take your pills and watch the replay again.And especially your driving ! I protested you.I Did not expecting anything to fallow couse i did not loosed control but this was avoidable.I can make compromises all the time and slow down if needed just to keep everyone safe but you as you showed up again CANNOT !

Those things happens when aggressive driving is mixed with the lack of skills !
Quote from Fast Jarda :Not sure.

Anyway, let the race control to say their decision. I really would like to know that .

Fair enough, I checked wrong lap. At least I had my clutch in, and wasn't trying to drive anywhere, and was only very slightly moving. Maybe I accidentally pushed my clutch after spinning zillion times. Maybe I was rattled after the accident and could not think of anything rational to do.
Quote from kochomoch :First of all - 3 car draft is faster than a 2 car draft !

...but only if it's done right! You might not like what I'm gonna say,but we with Patrick were faster that in a 3car group including you. Of course wind had it's effect and the fact that we had still much fuel then,but still something was not right,also I had some share in this "not right".
Pretty much emotions again after a oval race,especially considering attendance size,I'm now more calm,would like to do just a veggie to Koreny for his annoying actions instead pushing him in a mud puddle with face first!
Quote from kochomoch :...

So why are you drafting with me if I am so bad driver and you are the best driver in the world? .... Drafting is cooperation with other drivers and may happen that it works well with some drivers and with some drivers it doesn't work. That's normal, isn't it? We didn't want to cooperate with you. We are sorry for that if this ruined your race but on the other hand, this is oval racing. You almost have no chance to win the race like this if you have no draftmate on TS (Possible it is but it is very difficult.) If you cannot deal with it it is not my problem. And if you have any problem with my driving style and you really thing that I have no experience for oval racing, write some information etc. to race control. They will decide. And I gotta say that I'd like to know their opinion.

... And you hate me? Ohhh, I didn't know that.... Sad to know this...

Why am I still racing here? This is getting to be series about fighting than about racing.....
Quote from Eclipsed :...but only if it's done right! You might not like what I'm gonna say,but we with Patrick were faster that in a 3car group including you. Of course wind had it's effect and the fact that we had still much fuel then,but still something was not right,also I had some share in this "not right".
Pretty much emotions again after a oval race,especially considering attendance size,I'm now more calm,would like to do just a veggie to Koreny for his annoying actions instead pushing him in a mud puddle with face first!

This thread is closed

2013 Stock Car 250 Discussion Thread
(31 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG