The online racing simulator
TT 2013: Rulebook
Hello racers!

You can find the 2013 GenR Turbo Trophy here.

It's a document with roughly 12 pages, mostly explaining all procedures and which penalties may be given for incidents and violations of various rules. The series administration reserves the right to edit the document at any time should we feel it is necessary.

If you find any errors of spelling, numbering, or loopholes in the rules, please let me know.
#2 - Bean0
Quote from Deutschland2007 :If you find any errors of spelling, numbering, or loopholes in the rules, please let me know.

The rules state that 'feature' races have a mandatory pit.
The schedule lists all races as 'sprint' races.

believes/beliefs in the section about abusing drivers.

Quote from Bean0 :The rules state that 'feature' races have a mandatory pit.
The schedule lists all races as 'sprint' races.

believes/beliefs in the section about abusing drivers.

Thanks, fixed and fixed.
2.1) The use of button clutch is also strictly prohibited. All drivers are required to use autoclutch. The use of button clutch will result in penalties.

I'm a little confused. does this also prohibit axis clutch? because all drivers are required to use auto clutch. Or is it allowed, because only button clutch is penalized?
Only the drivers who use the H shifter will be allowed to use axis clutch, if you use the paddles or any other way you´ll have to use auto clutch!
Quote from Framaris :Only the drivers who use the H shifter will be allowed to use axis clutch, if you use the paddles or any other way you´ll have to use auto clutch!

thank you for sorting that out
I did not find anything regarding the ABS System, so i assume it's allowed to use it?
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Ever think of 4%/1% restrictions for FXO/XRT respectively to try bring more rb4s in?
Quote from Vilkacis :I did not find anything regarding the ABS System, so i assume it's allowed to use it?

ABS is a setup option and as there are no restrictions on any of the setup options it's permitted.

Quote from JackDaMaster :Ever think of 4%/1% restrictions for FXO/XRT respectively to try bring more rb4s in?

We mainly tried to achieve a balance between the two 2WD cars over the course of the season, which should be the case with the 3% restriction the FXO has. The RB4 is mostly so far off pace that it would need more than that to achieve a close balance between all three.
Well. Then 8% for FXO and 5% for XRT. The RB4 would be still slower, but not that much.
"N.6
... For these incidents the same procedure as described in Rule M.1.1 will be applied."

Presumably this should be "N.1.1"?
Quote from Degats :"N.6
... For these incidents the same procedure as described in Rule M.1.1 will be applied."

Presumably this should be "N.1.1"?

Yes it should be, just a small mistake. I will fix it when I get a chance to do so.
Didnt see it in the rules, probably too late for this years trophy, but perhaps implement a safety car for next year, cars that actually crash should let there car crash and not spectate mid-crash as you cant do that in real life, and if they are unable to move/continue a safety car should then get deployed to remove the car off the track where they can then spectate?

Just an idea i thought about
also, Bumpdrafting is allowed? And tiny contacts?
Quote from Garazion :Didnt see it in the rules, probably too late for this years trophy, but perhaps implement a safety car for next year, cars that actually crash should let there car crash and not spectate mid-crash as you cant do that in real life, and if they are unable to move/continue a safety car should then get deployed to remove the car off the track where they can then spectate?

Just an idea i thought about

We do not plan to implement safety cars, neither this or next season, we want to keep it as simple as possible.

Quote from CodeLyoko1 :also, Bumpdrafting is allowed? And tiny contacts?

Bumpdrafting is strictly forbidden and drivers may be penalised for doing it (Rule U.3). And we generally don't want any contacts, small ones might be tolerated, but anything more significant can lead to penalties.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :And we generally don't want any contacts, unintended ones might be tolerated, but anything intentional will lead to penalties.

That's how it should be in all racing events anyway!
Except in 1st May...
Yup, it will be like that. Unintentional small ones you can get away with, anything we deem to be intentional will result in a penalty, but that doesn't mean that unintentionally wiping half the field out won't!

And to clear up the SC situation more, there are so many leagues these days that utilise SC's, so we chose to be different and not use them, just like in the good old days. :P
Quote from Smashmolth :It is allowed, but i think that's really good idea to make it forbidden.

Please state why?
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Rulebook Revision 2 (last updated on April 27, 2013):

Changelog (changes will be highlighted yellow in the rulebook and in bold letters here):

- Added Rule C.2.2 - A driver's car number must always be coloured white, drivers' names may use anycolour they want to use.
- Added Rule S.5 - If a mass timeout has occured the drivers who lost connection are encouraged to rejoin the server to await further instructions from the race administration. Should the server be permanently offline, the race administration will give their orders through the race discussion thread in the series' forum.

- Modified Rule A.2 - After the end of pre-qualifying the 32 fastest drivers will advance into the main event.
- Modified Rule C.2 -
The available car numbers range from 02 to 99. Car number 01 is reserved for the reigning driver's champion. Should there be too few numbers, the administration will assign further numbers or make them available to for new sign-ups.
- Modified Rule D.1.3 -
The 32 fastest confirmed drivers from qualifying will be allowed to take part in the qualifying and race itself.

- Modified Rule F.2.1 - The official name format for all drivers is: 000 F. Lastname
- Modified Rule G.3 - The 32 fastest drivers from pre-qualifying will be allowed to take part in the main event.
- Modified Rule Q.2 to add points for the 31st and 32nd race finishers, to make sure every finisher scores at least 1 point.

Rulebook link in the OP has been updated.

I hope I'll save the day for at least 2 people.

Extra Note: The name format change does NOT apply for the current round.
In the schedule it shows the Pre-Qualifying start time is 19:00 UTC.

Quote from Deutschland2007 :
Timetable:

Thursday 19:00 UTC: Start of Pre-Qualifying
Saturday 19:00 UTC: End of Pre-Qualifying

Sunday 17:30 UTC: Qualifying
Sunday 18:00 UTC: Start of Race 1
Sunday 18:55 UTC: Start of Race 2 (in sprint race rounds)

but then in the rules it says.

Quote :1.1) Pre-Qualifying starts on the Thursday before the race, at 20:00 UTC, and end
on the Saturday before the race at 20:00 UTC.

What is the start time of the Pre-Qualifying? i am new to this league so i do not know when things start Thank you
Quote from cougar8 :In the schedule it shows the Pre-Qualifying start time is 19:00 UTC.

but then in the rules it says.

What is the start time of the Pre-Qualifying? i am new to this league so i do not know when things start Thank you

It starts at 1900 UTC. I wrote the rules when I was still in GMT+1, so I guess I forgot to adjust it.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :It starts at 1900 UTC. I wrote the rules when I was still in GMT+1, so I guess I forgot to adjust it.

Ok thanks
Added Rule U.2.2 which was already in effect, but was missing in the rulebook: Drivers may only use a manual (axis) clutch in combination with a manual (H-pattern) shifter.
Updated rulebook to Revision 4:

The range of penalties that can be applied after a (pre-)qualifying sessions has been increased and it is no longer mandatory to carry success ballast in pre-qualifying either.

Good luck in Round 2!
Rulebook Revision 5 (last updated on May 15, 2013):

Changelog (changes will be highlighted yellow in the rulebook and in bold letters here):

- Added Rule D.3 -Any drivers that have confirmed their attendance and then do not turn up for the main event will receive a 30-point penalty for the first offence and will be excluded from the remainder of the season after the second offence.
- Added Rule N.1.2 -
Members of the race administration are also allowed to file protests if they feel that an incident has to be investigated. However, they must do so within one hour of the race finishing, or their protests will no longer be accepted.
- Added Rule O.4 -
Should two drive-through penalties be issued to a driver in very close succession, the driver will then receive a stop-go penalty instead of two drive-through penalties.
- Added Rule T.4 -
Should the option to kick or ban other players be enabled on the event servers, whether it be because the server is unpassworded for practice between events or for any other reason, no competitor will be allowed to ban another series participant from the server, no matter what the reason might be. Instead, it should be reported to a member of the series administration, so he can deal with the situation at hand.

- Modified Rule A.2 -
Chatting during races is strictly forbidden. This includes both unintentional pressing of binds and intentional chats. Violations of this rule during the race will result in a drive-through penalty and in a 5-place grid penalty during qualifying.

Rulebook link in the OP has been updated.

Hopefully the last update for this season.
This thread is closed

TT 2013: Rulebook
(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG