The online racing simulator
16 hours 2013 - The real deal

Well some of you guessed right, yesterday was a bit of an april joke, but some things were correct.

As i have to work on many Weekends (that is why there was no race last year) i needed to place the race a bit earlier. It will take place from 10th to 11th of August 2013.

The classes will be GT2, LRF and TBO on Aston "Rockingham". It is a track like AS61, but with a minor Change, but there is no special Layout for that. You can download the layout in this post.

As for Balance reasons, we would like to test some GT2 Cars with different restrictions as viewable with !cars when you are on the server.

The Racing Minds 16h train server is already startet. Next month we will decide which restrictions will be used in the race. About then the registration will be starting.
Attached files
AS6Y_16h_Rockingham.lyt - 1.6 KB - 865 views
Do you have a backup track? I'm asking as the base substance of the average LFSler's computer is not that high and open configurations are thereby hard on the cpu cores, which might cause problems trying to do a longer endurance race.
The main admin is only on Saturday again, I will tell him to align and he reply.
we had an open config 2 years ago and as nobody complained then, we won't change the track.
#5 - troy
Any plans to restrict LX6/FXO too?
Quote from TFalke55 :open configurations are thereby hard on the cpu cores

As far as I know,Aston is the lightest of all tracks on cpu/gpu,thereby also it's open config relatively...
I miss those enduro times when enduro racing consisted of NGT and GTR vehicles. TBO and LRF are pain in the ass just to drive such a period of time and also a big obstacle, and at stages even very dangerous, to pass by.
Quote from seniecka :I miss those enduro times when enduro racing consisted of NGT and GTR vehicles. TBO and LRF are pain in the ass just to drive such a period of time and also a big obstacle, and at stages even very dangerous, to pass by.

Well I think it's about time to try something new and refreshing, since there hasn't been any real news about new content coming out for a couple of years.
GT2 and TBO will probably have the most signups anyways
Quote from Mustangman759 :GT2 and TBO will probably have the most signups anyways

Only because people are scared of the LRF class
We don't force you to choose LRF. If nobody wants to participate with them, nobody has to.
:bannana_g:huepfenic:clapclap:
is 2:40.64 a good lap with the FZR around this layout??
did you take the GT2 Restrictions?
oh!

damn
ok!!

is a 2:48 flat a good lap time?

with GT2 Restrictions this time!
if you drive on the "Racing Minds 16h train" server, you can do !top Test, then you see what the best times are, but i think a 2:45 is possible with FZ5.
well you didn't hear from me a long time, as i was a little busy.

I had to see that nobody did laps on the 16h trainserver, so we are still clueless how the restrictions for the cars are going to look. We will wait another 2 oder 3 weeks and then we'll decide on the basis of laps that have been done.
I think a 2:43:flat is possible with FX2 with 23% restriction.

Have at moment a 2:44:8 with my AS7 set it works but it´s not the fastest option.
hmmm... a 2:43:mid for FXR GT2 is real

I have at moment a 2:44:08 and that wasn´t the max.
Hallo, Manuel kannst du bitte Reset auf dem Testserver an schalten wäre toll.

Danke
Broe
Oh, it's the Racing Minds Endurance again ^^ Wish I could participate for the nostaligic feeling :P
I wish you could participate in genr masters league :P
I did some laps here.. it looks like xrr with 24% has no chance against fxr, i did 42 with fxr. Top lap for fxr would be 42.7x imho.
What was your XR2 laptime Fade? Come to SimSync server so we test it out sometime Fade!

So here is how my testing went today:
FZR is horrible with rear tires with so many slow corners/so little straights. R2R3 probably have to be used in race = minimum 0.6sec per lap deficit and it uses 1/3 more fuel than other cars, so very heavy start of stint and slightly longer pitstops.

Basically, what you wanna do is add say 0.8sec to FZR's quali time (42.2 for now, but take off 0.5sec there from my laptime for those who are outstandingly quick in fz2 and you have 41.7) to have relative pace with FXR/XRR for real comparison. Qualifying means little in 16hours race where overtaking is very easy. So you have target pace of 42.5. And I drove FXR into 42.6 when I always lacked little bit of special FXR skill for hairpins! So, those two cars are spot on with each other.

I'd suggest dropping XRR's restriction to 23% and giving it some weight ballast, for this track restriction. With 24% it goes 43.0 and that means it lacks 0.5sec pace.
Perhaps 25-30kg on top of 23% for 42.5 targeted pace. I'll test that out some other day, because I need to also see what impact on tires does the extra weight has in xrr.

Would be really great if more people tested restrictions, the track is really cool and I can't really do stint for every car.
Quote from N I K I :What was your XR2 laptime Fade? Come to SimSync server so we test it out sometime Fade!

42.7x after few laps with 23%. Its really annoying track for xrr, too many slow turns not a pleasure at all to drive it.. Those who drive it 16h deserve medal of honor no matter where they finish

16 hours 2013 - The real deal
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG