The online racing simulator
NEC 2013: Announcement

OVERVIEW

The ultimate test for teams is a start in endurance races. But many of those are run with just the GTR cars in different configurations. This new endurance challenge shall deliver some diversity.

Five-times in a three-week rythm 4 hour races will take place with different cars at different tracks. From pure single-seater endurance to UF1 racing, everything is featured in two class racing. Teams may enter one car in each class, but small teams may also decide to just race just in one class alone. The overall championship will be decided by the sum of the results of the car in each class. Of course there will also be class rankings.

SERIES SCHEDULE

With the thread being opened about two months before the start of the series I seek for some input and your thoughts. Rulebook and sign-ups will follow once their time has come. If you have questions, feel free to ask. Everybody is welcome!
Will it be allowed to do the whole races on your own with no driver swaps?

Round 2 on the day of the Indy 500, oh well.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Will it be allowed to do the whole races on your own with no driver swaps?

Round 2 on the day of the Indy 500, oh well.

Let's say it will not be forbidden, but since this is supposed as a team competition and a team consists of at least two drivers, there might be a point penalty.
Quote from TFalke55 :Let's say it will not be forbidden, but since this is supposed as a team competition and a team consists of at least two drivers, there might be a point penalty.

OK, thanks.
Inscriptions???
yay lets keep using overused tracks. how fun.
Quote from Richards777 :Inscriptions???

They will open once everything is fully set up and organised.

Rulebook is currently being written. I expect we can release a prototype of it within the next few days.
Looks interesting, count on us!
The New Endurance Challenge found a home in the Ready2Roll forums. Many thanks that we're allowed to organise everything from there. Also I may announce that Dominik "Deutschland2007" Engel is the second confirmed admin for this series

http://www.ready2rollteam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=109
Are you sure this is a good idea ?

Leagues that are not organised here on the LFS forums tend to have low participation and die.
Quote from Bean0 :Are you sure this is a good idea ?

Leagues that are not organised here on the LFS forums tend to have low participation and die.

I've honestly no worries. There will still be a big involvement of this forum here. Also I know a couple of leagues which are not organised on lfsforum.net which have healthy grids, partly even for years.
You mean the ones that are full of Germans and noone else, don't you ?
Quote from Bean0 :You mean the ones that are full of Germans and noone else, don't you ?

GenR GT1 Challenge has some healthy sign-up numbers for example. Many internationals already have an account on R2R forums by participating in that. You're right that the national communities tend to have some big stuff as well. Other then the two German leagues CityLiga and Virtual-Racing.org LFS Masters I remember that the Austrian, Australian, Hungarian and Spanish communities have strong leagues. But let's not get too off-topic
yeah genr gt1 challenege, fm events and etcc.
The series' logo is added towards the opening post of this thread. Furthermore we now have finished the first public version of the New Endurance Challenge rulebook: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/356094 ... s/NEC_2013_Rules_Rev4.pdf
We want to release it, sothat you could give us some feedback on it. Please read the rules to point out mistakes, ask questions and share your ideas.

This thread deals with this topic in our forum section. I might copy and paste things from here over there.
Quote from Bean0 :Are you sure this is a good idea ?

We now do have a subsection.
CoRe will definitely be there.

Agree it should be on LFSForum, though.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :CoRe will definitely be there.

Agree it should be on LFSForum, though.

As we now have a subsection you don't have to worry.
thanks
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG