The online racing simulator
2013 Fern Bay 150 Discussion Thread
Fern Bay 150 - 150 laps at F24 - XRT - March 3, 2013 - 15:00 GMT

Car: XR GT Turbo (XRT) - Unrestricted - 184 kW (247 hp) - 1223 kg (2696 lbs)
Track: Fern Bay Oval (F24) - 0.419 km (0.262 Miles) - 4 Turns
Distance of Race: 150 laps (39.300 Miles - 62.850 km) + 10 pace laps
Tyres Permitted: Road Super, Road Normal and Hybrid (Not suggested outside of qualifying)
Safety Car Speed: 25mph (40km/h)
Minor Contact: Permitted (intentional wrecking is strictly forbidden)

Event Time Table* (GMT Clock)
Race Day - Sunday, March 3, 2013
-13:59 UTC – Final Practice Begins
-15:00 UTC – Single car run qualifying begins (one out lap, with two timed laps)
-15:10 UTC – Server Join deadline for Qualifying
-15:45 UTC – Grid Stacking Begins
-15:52 UTC – Pace laps begin (10 pace laps, final 2 paces lap being double file)
-16:00 UTC – Fern Bay 150 Green Flag (150 laps / 39.300 miles)
-17:00 UTC – Estimated race completion

* – All times are estimated.

Discussion of the 2013 running of this event may be made here
Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/RealisticNASCAR/
Stream: TBA

Official Note: Any discussion here which is not directly involved with the event will not be tolerated. Any kind of insults will not be permitted on this thread. Please take them to PM's if you must do them at all. I beleive that many competitors would like to have a race discussion thread. Don't ruin that for everybody please. :scared:
hi, its almost march 6th, year ago from that day ''5haz'' past away... how about if everyone (well if u can) could use skin that has something like ''we miss u 5haz'' or ''R.I.P Joe Shaw''. just in memory of him.
Quote from teppo.jr :hi, its almost march 6th, year ago from that day ''5haz'' past away... how about if everyone (well if u can) could use skin that has something like ''we miss u 5haz'' or ''R.I.P Joe Shaw''. just in memory of him.

I will ask that all competitors do something of this sort in the race day PM
Sorry for my ignorance - who was 'Joe Shaw'?
Quote from Jettascuba :Sorry for my ignorance - who was 'Joe Shaw'?

A LFS'ler who was found dead a year ago.
Quote from Cornys :I will ask that all competitors do something of this sort in the race day PM

Correction, in the pre-race drivers meeting. It will have nothing to do with the skins though.
Quick question: Are there skin requirements? I don't find where the rulebook is.
Quote from Cornys :Skins
Skins must be appropriate. Skins may not display a number which is not your entry number at any time. You may not copy another competitor’s skin that is entered into the same event.

A skin template and skin submission will only be required for the Kyoto 400.

Found this in the registration thread.
Thanks. But does that mean numbers are not required at all, so I can simply use the stock team skin, or is there the need of big NASCAR-style numbers?
There were many drivers who used skins that had no numbers on it in the first round, including myself. So a stock team skin should be fine.
Ok, thanks.
Yeah, any appropriate skin not having a number displayed which is not your's is fair use .

I was thinking of asking drivers to include "5haz" and their entry number on their plate
Quote from Cornys :
I was thinking of asking drivers to include "5haz" and their entry number on their plate

I haven't recieved any mail/pm for this race. Can I get it? I need the password I guess ...
I am sorry not for attending this event - I am in a personal crisis rthat is a priority.
I failed massively on my setup part but a top-10 finish is okey! Hope I wasn't too much in anyone's way.
Quote from TFalke55 :I failed massively on my setup part

Same here
Been having a flue with fever for a week now, so there has been no prep time. Didn't even think I would mange to the race, since the fever went up 1hr before the race start
I had a 24% restricted set from the open cup that was great, but as I found out at my Q-lap this race was with no restriction ... man that was sooo embarrassing for sure ... sorry Corny for that disrespect.

Since I had no time at all to adjust the gearbox and tyre pressures on my 24% set my teammate gave me his set. Very nice done for sure, but we have a rather different driving style on some cars, so I had constant problems with breakings and the extreme camber setting on the left side.

Well it was a fun race anyhow, first time for me driving short track on LFS. Time to download this weeks Nascar races and watch the big guys in action
No problem sjoblom Sobis pointed it out to me, otherwise you would have just had a bad qualifying time

I was pretty impressed by the way that today's went guys. Thanks to those of you who came out and made the event such a success
I felt a little like a bull in a china shop after the first few laps. I was racing rougher than I would have liked and I'm sorry for the aggressiveness. I just felt like I had to make up those positions I lost.

The battle with Mr. Koreny was intense. It took me a long time to pass him and I didn't want to let go of the position. So I made sure I got the free pass when it seemed like race control forgot about it.

And I have to apologize to the 50 car. On one of the laps I got loose under him and span up into him. I'm very sorry for that.
nice race for me

thanks to organizers and drivers.
Quote from FalconBridge : .... // ....
And I have to apologize to the 50 car. On one of the laps I got loose under him and span up into him. I'm very sorry for that.

Np, I understood it was something. Unfortunatly it change my setup so the outer side of the right side tires become red. Wrong camber after that contact in the wall.

It didn't change anything for the result though. I was THE slowpoke and was so impressed of your speed guys, well done ...

The start was very strange though. In my computer Eclipse had a slide and was on his way to the infield. The moment after he was right in my windshield. A damaged car at the first lap didn't make me faster ...

Any way it was a great fun to run this short track ... thank you all for that fun race and disciplined racing ...
No idea,why are you locking the points standings thread - it can also be discussed n'stuff.
Or someone could point mistakes - for example there is something wrong with teams standings,where only 2 wins are between all teams in 3 rounds. And we know that there was no teamless driver winning.
Quote from Eclipsed :No idea,why are you locking the points standings thread - it can also be discussed n'stuff.
Or someone could point mistakes - for example there is something wrong with teams standings,where only 2 wins are between all teams in 3 rounds. And we know that there was no teamless driver winning.

since you can post it on the discussions thread, so it doesnt get all not organised
-
(razlikataa) DELETED by razlikataa

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG