The online racing simulator
2013 Kyoto 400 Discussion Thread
Kyoto 400 Qualifying Day - 2 x 54 laps at KY1 - XRR(S) - February 10, 2013 - 14:55 GMT
Weather - Layout - Info

Kyoto 400 - 216 laps at KY1 - XRR(S) - February 17, 2013 - 16:35 GMT
Weather - Layout - Info

Countdown to Event Start

Car: XR GTR (XRR) - Unrestricted - 365 kW (490 hp) - 1100 kg (2425 lbs)
Track: Kyoto Ring Oval (KY1) - 2.980km (1.852 Miles) - 3 Turns
Distance of Race: 216 laps (400.032 Miles - 643.680 km) + 4 pace laps
Tyres Permitted: R2 & R3
Pit Window: 110 - 130 laps (fuel & R3 tires)
Pit Entry:Entering Turn #3
Pit Exit: Exiting Turn #1
Bump Drafting: Permitted

Event Time Table* (GMT Clock)

Pole Qualifying Day: Sunday, February 10, 2013
-14:55 UTC – Teamspeak join deadline for driver's meeting
-15:00 UTC – Single car run qualifying begins (one out lap, with two timed laps)
-15:15 UTC – Server Join deadline for Qualifying
-16:00 UTC – Single run qualifying will be complete
-16:10 UTC – Duel 1 Grid Stacking begins – Teamspeak/Server join deadline for Duel 1
-16:20 UTC – Duel 1 Green Flag (54 lap race + 1 pace lap)
-17:10 UTC – Estimated Duel 1 completion (these drivers may leave)
-17:30 UTC – Duel 2 Grid Stacking begins – Teamspeak/Server join deadline for Duel 2
-17:40 UTC – Duel 2 Green Flag (54 lap race + 1 pace lap)
-18:30 UTC – Estimated Duel 2 completion (these drivers may leave)

Race Day: Sunday, February 17, 2013
-16:35 UTC – Teamspeak join deadline for Kyoto 400 driver's meeting
-16:40 UTC – Kyoto 400 Grid Stacking begins (server join deadline)
-16:50 UTC – Pace laps begin (4 pace laps, final pace lap being double file)
-17:00 UTC – Kyoto 400 Green Flag (216 laps / 400.032 miles)
-19:30 UTC – Estimated race completion

* – All times on Pole Qualifying and Race Day are estimated. Teamspeak join deadlines are static unless otherwise noted on this thread or in a prior session.

Past Champions
2012 - #84 Ramon Blauwhoff (Stats, Replays & Results)

Discussion of the 2013 running of this event may be made here

Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/RealisticNASCAR/
Stream: TBA

Official Note: Any discussion here which is not directly involved with the event will not be tolerated. Any kind of insults will not be permitted on this thread. Please take them to PM's if you must do them at all. I beleive that many competitors would like to have a race discussion thread. Don't ruin that for everybody please. :scared:
Countdown not working for me?

Looking forward to this event Hope to see some clear and hard racing
Practise Session 5 credits?
Any credits for practise session 5? I need to know whether I should try (difficult) to attend more practise sessions and to schedule my weekends for quali and the ky400 (due to work).
Will there be a quali/duels/race broadcast? If so, where?
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Will there be a quali/duels/race broadcast? If so, where?

I will have to get back with you guys on this one. Jonathon will be away Sunday sadly, but he may still set something up for us
Going into Kyoto 400 Qualifying Day tomorrow I would like to wish all competitors good luck and remind them to look over the rules. Be ready for qualifying, and please consider this video made by Fragmasters in your duel race tomorrow and the Kyoto 400 in just over a week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMi5-_u1lNA
sorry to car number 50,
I thought I had a strong chance coming into qualifying to get the pole and that is what I did. It wasn't my fastest lap but it was a solid lap.

During the duel race I got in a nice draft with the #58. We even caught the front 2 bumpdrafters once when they made some mistakes. After both caution periods I lost contact with the leaders so I had to settle with 5th. Good racing from all the drivers I raced with, I had fun.
sry 83 totally mine
Thanks for some nice drafting #32 and #45
And Thanx to the admins for all the work just to make it possible for some fun racing events

Unfortunately I was involved in 2 yellow flag incidents, one of them i'm pretty sure it was due to some lag. I'm almost sure I held a close straight line to #45 when we suddenly just crashed into each other
The first one I'm maybe to blaime, I hit the wall just slightly, but my rear went out then a little and hit the car on my left which was rather close then I think ... dammed sorry about it and I think it was just bad luck (or lag) that the car beside me lost traction then.

Generally speaking i had much worse FPS than I have had earlier on this RN/KY-events and I dont think it was my connection, I'm on 100 mbit fiber connection so it should be fairly stable.
Race Day password has been applied.. those eligable to participate have been PM'ed information
Sorry completely messed it up, all fixed now. Thanks a lot
Quote from Jonathon.provost :Sorry completely messed it up, all fixed now. Thanks a lot

Looking on tracker.. Are you sure that Mr. Hall's firstname is "BridgePatrick", and his username "falcon"?
If you are going to broadcast the race, please fix the camera positions & angles, so the people watching the stream will actually see the cars and not caravans and pit buildings, thanks
-
(Jonathon.provost) DELETED by Jonathon.provost
Quote from Denny12 :Looking on tracker.. Are you sure that Mr. Hall's firstname is "BridgePatrick", and his username "falcon"?

Fixed, just a missed place comma.
Quote from Flame CZE :If you are going to broadcast the race, please fix the camera positions & angles, so the people watching the stream will actually see the cars and not caravans and pit buildings, thanks

It's been like that in every RN stream I've seen, you have to bretty brain dead to not notice how shit the cameras are and still continue to use them all the time.
Huge crash KY400
Lap 58...
Attached images
ky400_hugecrash.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG