The online racing simulator
Qualifying rule (Server B)
(4 posts, started )
Quote from mange_e :Qualification is held on servers, A and B.
A-server: Aimed for average and more skilled drivers.
B-server: Aimed for average and less skilled drivers.
B-server: Also aimed for drivers never driven TR before and late arrivals that has to midjoin the Q.

Drivers that fail to follow this conduct of honour and misplace themselves on the wrong Q-server might be taken out of the qualification by TR Admins

Considering that this rule is currently neither respected nor enforced, I suggest that we drop it.

It would probably make it clearer and easier for everyone too. And having the field spread out(-ish) on two servers would help reduce traffic, especially on short tracks like BL1.
This rule is more like a recommendation, to avoid very slow drivers driving Q on A, and also to avoid fast drivers doing there Quali on B nagging on slow drivers at B.

The rule was added when we changed to "hard-core-quali" and there were a lots of concerns from some fast drivers that their Q would be spoiled by slower drivers.

In general I think its working ok now, but if you feel there are extremely slow drivers on A, pls let the admins know! Usually I also spam you on the LFS chat with some basic rule reminders before the Q starts, including reminding slow drivers to do there Q on B :-)
Quote from sjoblom :This rule is more like a recommendation, to avoid very slow drivers driving Q on A, and also to avoid fast drivers doing there Quali on B nagging on slow drivers at B.

The rule was added when we changed to "hard-core-quali" and there were a lots of concerns from some fast drivers that their Q would be spoiled by slower drivers.

In general I think its working ok now, but if you feel there are extremely slow drivers on A, pls let the admins know! Usually I also spam you on the LFS chat with some basic rule reminders before the Q starts, including reminding slow drivers to do there Q on B :-)

Understood.

So is it OK for the faster and more experienced drivers to qualify on server B if they wish to, as long as they don't cause any trouble?
Sure, thats ok
But they have to deal with slower drivers the eventually ... but most of the times server B might be the best server for hotlapping

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG