The online racing simulator
2013 IndyCar 250 Discussion Thread
Car: Formula V8 (FO8) - Unrestricted - 335kW (450hp) - 600kg (1323lbs)
Track: Kyoto Ring Oval (KY1) - 2.980km (1.852 Miles) - 3 Turns
Distance of Race: 135 laps (250.020 Miles - 402.300km) + 5 pace laps
Tyres Permitted: R2 & R3
Pit Window: 125 - 140 laps (fuel)
Pit Entry: Entering Turn #3
Pit Exit: Exiting Turn #1
Bump Drafting: Not permitted

Race Day Event Time Table (GMT Clock)
  • 13:55 GMT - Final Practice Begins*
  • 14:56 GMT - Final Practice Ends
  • 15:00 GMT - Single Car Qualifying Begins
  • 15:25 GMT - Qualifying Ends
  • 15:35 GMT - Grid Stacking Begins
  • 15:40 GMT - Pace Laps Start
  • 15:45 GMT - Green Flag
  • 17:15 GMT - Estimated Race Completion Time (90 min.)
* - Final Practice is a 60 min practice session. Fastest in session goes out for qualifying last. Those who don't set a lap time go out first.

This is the third annual running of this event.

Past Champions:
2011 - Mutt107 (Event Replay)
2012 - #24 Ramon Blauwhoff (Event Results & Replay Thread)

Discussion of the 2013 running of this event may be made here

Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/RealisticNASCAR/
Stream: http://www.own3d.tv/livepopout/simracetv_444
Here's hoping to last longer than I did last year.
I am sorry for this retarded question, but is the pitstop required ?
this year ill try to finish it
Quote from Cornys :Pit Window: 125 - 140 laps (fuel)

So, we need to pit in last lap, and refuel the car? Can you explain it please?
Quote from Denny12 :So, we need to pit in last lap, and refuel the car? Can you explain it please?

If this goes like last year, pitstops won't be mandatory, but depending on how much time you spend cruising the track without draft, a completely full fuel tank will not last an entire race.
No pits stops will be required. Pit window as posted is the duration of time in which competitors may have to pit for fuel or tires (fuel in this instance as pointed out). It would be difficult to make it without pitting without caution flags, but with a few of them, going all the way without stopping is possible. However, pitting under yellow may not put competitors very far behind the leader based on the number of lead lap cars and how many people stop under that yellow flag
#8 - xyx
I just hope that all guys know what YELLOW flag means and what to do ;P
Quote from Cornys :No pits stops will be required. Pit window as posted is the duration of time in which competitors may have to pit for fuel or tires (fuel in this instance as pointed out). It would be difficult to make it without pitting without caution flags, but with a few of them, going all the way without stopping is possible. However, pitting under yellow may not put competitors very far behind the leader based on the number of lead lap cars and how many people stop under that yellow flag

okay, but in last lap? :O
There are 135 laps, and pit window is 125-140??
Se i will need to pit in these laps, or whenever i want?
Quote from Denny12 :okay, but in last lap? :O
There are 135 laps, and pit window is 125-140??
Se i will need to pit in these laps, or whenever i want?

You will not have to pit, but under normal circnstances, you might have to make a pitstop at the end of the race. Or you might do it halfway thrugh the race, or right after the start, under yellow flags.

This pit window information serves to tell us drivers when the pits will be open under green flag. During the rest of the race, pitlane will be opened at the discretion of the race directors - most probably during yellow flags.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :You will not have to pit, but under normal circnstances, you might have to make a pitstop at the end of the race. Or you might do it halfway thrugh the race, or right after the start, under yellow flags.

This pit window information serves to tell us drivers when the pits will be open under green flag. During the rest of the race, pitlane will be opened at the discretion of the race directors - most probably during yellow flags.

That's the information what i need, merci
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :This pit window information serves to tell us drivers when the pits will be open under green flag. During the rest of the race, pitlane will be opened at the discretion of the race directors - most probably during yellow flags.

That's totally wrong. Pit window information is just information how far can someone get with 1 tank of fuel. Pits will be open for the whole race,just under caution pits will be closed until the field is bunched up to give everyone same conditions. And still you can pit under closed pits - you will just loose your position on track and be last on restart.
Pit Lane will only be closed before the field gets bunched together under yellow flag. You may pit when you like, and you will not be required to pit by the rules.

When the pit window says 125-140, that tells competitors that they can make it on fuel anywhere from 125 laps to 140 laps (longer than the race its self in the longest instance) This actually tells you that you could pit very early in the race and make it the rest of the way on fuel and tires
All qualified competitors have been sent a PM containing race information. If you didn't receive race information and beleive that you should have, please PM me and I'll investigate
Hi Cameron, does the rule of only R2 or R3 and that all 4 tires must have the same compund, (like the Kyoto 400) apply to this race too?
Quote from rageshgr :Hi Cameron, does the rule of only R2 or R3 and that all 4 tires must have the same compund, (like the Kyoto 400) apply to this race too?

Yes, all 4 tires must be of the same compound at all times like in the Kyoto 400
Not to all:

There will be a live stream tomorrow, BUT their will be no commentary, although there may be race control audio. I will put cams on random so they will keep moving. I will also manually do them at some points. Thank You.
Quote from Jonathon.provost :Not to all:

There will be a live stream tomorrow, BUT their will be no commentary, although there may be race control audio. I will put cams on random so they will keep moving. I will also manually do them at some points. Thank You.

Actually, Walter Lemmens will be comentating, but he will not be able to control the stream due to PC issues. We'll work out the finer details of the arragement tomorrow morning . Hopefully this will make the stream more enjoyable no matter what we come up with.
Were is the tracker to be found, can't find any link in the schedule or registration thread?
I dont think i will be able to drive today ...
Quote from Cornys :Yes, all 4 tires must be of the same compound at all times like in the Kyoto 400

Thanks but what about compounds? can I use R4s in quali for example? or should it be R3s all the time
bad race. crashers and not so smart people all around me. Koreny unfortunately took the win which I think wasn't right after all the crashes he made and things he did. opinions may differ, but I hope RN does something about the crashes next year.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I hope RN does something about the crashes next year.

I'll be doing some investigation into the awarding and taking away of licenses. Licenses may be revoked as a result of today's event. This wouldn't mean that they couldn't win them back, but it will be made more difficult to earn a license.

After the first string of cautions the race wasn't too bad, but it still could have been much better
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by Cornys : this post crossed a line
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG