The online racing simulator
Racers Jukebox
right, well since alot of you listen to streams during races.... I 've thought of an idea...

How would you lot like to have your own racing jukebox...

I think with our new servers we can spare enough room to store some tracks on the server... and stream them in a playlist styleeeee, and if you want to add your own tunes that get you pumped up while racing then send them on up!

The server won't be streaming 24/7 but just at weekends (i think) and at between 32k and 64k depending on our bandwidth situation

Basic conditions before this is finalised...

You MUST own the copy of the song you are sending, i.e. purchased legally, I will not be checking this as it is not my responsibility, but you know the script nowaday's, and OLFSL doesn't not need nor want the attention of RIAA or any other bigwigs for somehow sharing dodgy mp3's... *sighs*

Anyways I'd appreciate your thoughts on this...

Dave
im not part of the OLFSL anymore, but didnt.. at one point in time there be an LFS radio? or something like that, i remember way back whenever someone tried that once, but i dont think it succeeded to well

either way, OLFSL or not, that sounds like a good idea to me for really.. anyone out there
I agree but the fact that this is something that relys on bandwidth we have left, I would hope that our members get first shout if you know what i mean, but by all means there will be no limiting of who can listen...!

P.s. about the radio thing - there will be no dj's - i just thought it might be a nice idea for during the races
Yes I must be firm here guys and gals
I've read the full terms of use for our server hosting and any dodgy files going on there will see our account terminated pretty quickly.

But the jukebox idea is great - I'm not sure if every racer can have a different playlist while they race on our system but could be wrong, but maybe we could have one big playlist from everyones choices?

Something to work on anyway
thats what im working on - one reasonably large playlist - im uploading some of my tracks as we speak..

few more announcements - 32k only! all files will be reconverted to this filesize... this is to ensure this it doesnt even come close to affecting our OLFSLtv and OLFSLlive1 and 2 servers..

This is a side project run on an as-is basis...there is no guarantee this will last...
a live dj set during the race would be nice. with some visual stuff. like the equalizer thing you where taking about in pool 1 or so
I could send some of mine, if I get some time to convert them from analog to digital...
Lol a dj set during a race.... well umm what sort of stuff are you into - I'm a DJ myself :-)
chemical brothers makes good racing tunes hehehe
Get some Arctic Monkeys in, Kaiser gays and stuff like that, up-beat indy rock music, what could be better?
Yer am uploading some tunes now - will post a playlist shortly- let me know what you think of my...ummm driving tunes -

By the way, the tunes in the background during my commentary weren't ever meant for listening to in full - it was just to fill the gaps when i had to go to the loo or take a breather etc
i think "Prodigy" is racing music or just rock/metel
yes thats a good example, the prodigy's earlier work is excellent music for racing voodoo people or diesel power.

The stuff im uploading just now is very different to what i played on yesterdays show...

have a look

WINAMP

playlist

33 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:11
Playlist length: 2 hours 18 minutes 30 seconds
Right-click to save this HTML file.

Playlist files:
1. Apollo 440 - Cold Rock the Mic (4:19)
2. Cardigans - My Favourite Game (3:40)
3. Chasing Liberty soundtrack - Mansun - Wide Open Space(1) (4:35)
4. Chemical Brothers - Racing the tide (4:30)
5. Creed - (3:38)
6. Disturbed - Down With The Sickness (4:38)
7. Fat Boy Slim - Is ****ing In Heaven (3:54)
8. Feeder - Insomnia (2:54)
9. Feeder - Just A Day (4:05)
10. Feeder - My Perfect Day (4:25)
11. Feeder - Sweet 16 (3:27)
12. FIRED UP!! - Jellyhead (4:24)
13. Garbage - As Heaven Is Wide (4:53)
14. Hole - Use Once And Destroy (5:04)
15. kazzer - fueled by adrenaline new (2:53)
16. KAZZER - Kazzer - Pedal To The Metal (3:30)
17. Kazzer - When It Rains It Pours (3:15)
18. Leftfield - Phat Planet (5:24)
19. Linkin Park - Faint (2:42)
20. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Ocean Colour Scene (3:55)
21. Moby - Lift Me Up (3:22)
22. Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat (5:25)
23. Presidents of the USA - Presidents Of The Usa - Mach 5 (3:16)
24. Push Eject (5:28)
25. Queen - Headlong (4:37)
26. Queen - One Vision (4:38)
27. Ridge Racer 4 - Ridge Racer - Eat'em Up (3:26)
28. Ridge Racer - Ridge Racer Revolution - Rhythm Shift Remix (5:02)
29. Rob Zombie - Dragula (3:42)
30. Saliva - click click boom (4:12)
31. Scatterin' Monkey (5:24)
32. Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin' (2:59)
33. The Egg - Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix) (Great Stuff) (6:54)
#15 - S0ul
w00t,i would definately turn on my winamp for that playlist....seing that you have some feeder in that list im soooo close to kissing you...just kidding but thats the best you could have put in there^^
Yeps :-) their stuff from the days of Jon is the best Sweet 16 is still stunning
very nice playlist.
i love it

it sounds for myself much better then yesterday, but you know: everyone got his own musicfavor.

PS: i hope we see more olfsl-tv the next weeks. good work fireball
I don't want to burst your bubble - but I also don't want anyone to get into trouble!

Is this not classed as a public performance? If it is, am I right in saying that this breaches the copyright of the tracks?! Correct me if I am wrong.

Tim
True. Longer lasting idea would be free and unlicenced music (don't know how it's actually called in english) from racers and friends. If possible.
Afraid not t1ger, apparently internet streaming is one of those loopholes/grey areas that the BMI/RIAA have been trying to shut down, the only CERTAIN legality is that you own the mp3 your playing.
It's also very unlikely that anything would ever be said about a stream like this because of the radio quality stream, and the non-sharing of mp3's files.

Thanks for your concern though, nice to see people interested in the legal aspect of it all
Quote from f1r3b4ll :Afraid not t1ger, apparently internet streaming is one of those loopholes/grey areas that the BMI/RIAA have been trying to shut down, the only CERTAIN legality is that you own the mp3 your playing.
It's also very unlikely that anything would ever be said about a stream like this because of the radio quality stream, and the non-sharing of mp3's files.

Thanks for your concern though, nice to see people interested in the legal aspect of it all

I have done some more searching, and it is indeed a very grey area. However, if people are sending you their songs for you to stream, then this is "sharing" the tracks, is it not?

I don't know - its too complicated. Just be careful.

Tim
Quote from f1r3b4ll :yes thats a good example, the prodigy's earlier work is excellent music for racing voodoo people or diesel power.

The stuff im uploading just now is very different to what i played on yesterdays show...

have a look

WINAMP

playlist

33 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:11

Playlist length: 2 hours 18 minutes 30 seconds
Right-click to save this HTML file.
Playlist files:
1. Apollo 440 - Cold Rock the Mic (4:19)
2. Cardigans - My Favourite Game (3:40)
3. Chasing Liberty soundtrack - Mansun - Wide Open Space(1) (4:35)
4. Chemical Brothers - Racing the tide (4:30)
5. Creed - (3:38)
6. Disturbed - Down With The Sickness (4:38)
7. Fat Boy Slim - Is ****ing In Heaven (3:54)
8. Feeder - Insomnia (2:54)
9. Feeder - Just A Day (4:05)
10. Feeder - My Perfect Day (4:25)
11. Feeder - Sweet 16 (3:27)
12. FIRED UP!! - Jellyhead (4:24)
13. Garbage - As Heaven Is Wide (4:53)
14. Hole - Use Once And Destroy (5:04)
15. kazzer - fueled by adrenaline new (2:53)
16. KAZZER - Kazzer - Pedal To The Metal (3:30)
17. Kazzer - When It Rains It Pours (3:15)
18. Leftfield - Phat Planet (5:24)
19. Linkin Park - Faint (2:42)
20. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Ocean Colour Scene (3:55)
21. Moby - Lift Me Up (3:22)
22. Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat (5:25)
23. Presidents of the USA - Presidents Of The Usa - Mach 5 (3:16)
24. Push Eject (5:28)
25. Queen - Headlong (4:37)
26. Queen - One Vision (4:38)
27. Ridge Racer 4 - Ridge Racer - Eat'em Up (3:26)
28. Ridge Racer - Ridge Racer Revolution - Rhythm Shift Remix (5:02)
29. Rob Zombie - Dragula (3:42)
30. Saliva - click click boom (4:12)
31. Scatterin' Monkey (5:24)
32. Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin' (2:59)
33. The Egg - Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix) (Great Stuff) (6:54)

NR 12 Excellent
Quote from t1ger :I have done some more searching, and it is indeed a very grey area. However, if people are sending you their songs for you to stream, then this is "sharing" the tracks, is it not?

I don't know - its too complicated. Just be careful.

Tim

AFAIK they are all his songs so far, but even if someone does send him them, he can just claim them as his own.

well anyways, it's running for now... I think legally we're talking along the same lines of casette recording...lol widespread but inferior quality and impossible to do anything about ...

If interest does pick up in this then I will see about moving the jukebox to another server and making enquiries about licensing :-)

Last time i checked on shoutcast.com - 9,644 visitors.

I think perhaps 4 have license's lol.
Yeah we'll be alright
As long as we do not have the files as available for 'normal' download I think we'll be fine. There are thousands of internet radio stations run by normal people from their bedroom, I doubt they pay royalties!

After all it seems the whole point of shoutcasting is for streaming audio, I know it does video too though.

Racers Jukebox
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG