The online racing simulator
Event 6, SO sprint 2 MRT5 (post race thread)
pool 4:
fiendi, i know how you feel

( unofficial pool 4 stats: http://flp.c0m.se/reports/olfsl_r6/stats/pool4/ )

Some of the live coverage can be found here: http://anta.mine.nu/OLFSLtv/ (pool 5 is missing, sorry)

The videos are not on a dedicated server though so there's no guarantees you'll be able to get them, some mirroring help would be appreciated.
That pool was a bt dramatic, too bad guys :/

Well, I had my race in pool 2. From last position on the grid, which was 9th because someone had broke his wheel, I came 5th...and was the last one who finished This combo seems to be more like a last man standing. And I had my own drama in the end when I ran out of fuel in the last corner, was a bit scary but fortunately I had enough speed to cross the line Calculated it and my sonsuption was 0,52 and not 0,5, thank the forestguru I had 26% and not 25% in the tank. Race was ok, had some fighting with Yeti, he won the fight and ran away. Difference was around 1 sec and under long time but then a chat disturbed me and couln't get my consenration back up to 100% again and did too many litle mistakes and couln't catch him again

Good race nevertheless, see you all after the brake in Aston with F1s...that will be even more crazy :S

And thank you for the staff providing us the TV!
Had a good race myself in pool 1. Race seemed to be very clean from what i seen..Good race guys
Few, Fiannly a win in OLFS, in the stats it looked although it went easily for me but having MAdoff so close behind me for the entire race he was in had me under pressure the whole time, knowing that any mistake was going to grant him a chance to pass me.

He was catching me a ocuple of enths a lap and when he was about 4 or 5 tenths behind he hit a kerb and rolled, but from then on it was ok, just drove late 38 laps so that I didn't crash....

I doubt Mr Rudi could be so masterfull to plan this but when I was lapping him after he had broke his suspenion he hit the wall and done a flip just before I passed and well, it was hularious and I was laughing so hard I braked about 50M early, apart from that a few hesitations as I saw a few cars bouncing off walls but it all went smooothly.

Btw, what is a ,NSV file, does Winamp play this file?

Quote from Bawbag :
Btw, what is a ,NSV file, does Winamp play this file?

yes.
NSV is Nullsoft Streaming Video - it was in development by Nullsoft ( the ppl behind Winamp ) and was still in a beta stage when AOL bought over Nullsoft and killed any further program would ever make.

NSV allow's you to use existing shoutcast servers and through magic jiggery-pokery, send not only audio but video over the stream...
what about pool 5 commentary? plz upload.
Pool 9. Not the best race, but best in both starting and podium position

Start was okay, did the first laps faster than expected. Manage to keep a pretty constant 3 seconds lead to nassa guys, untill made a mistake in t1 somewhere between laps 15 and 19. I took the wrong line at wrong speed and skidded, but for the first time managed to correct the slide succesfully That cost me couple second and Osoi was right behind me. The following laps were poor, lost totally the rhythm. Decided to let Osoi overtake since he clearly was faster at that time. There was 30 laps to go and anything could have happened, so I was not worried, yet. The three second gap remained untill I made the second driving mistake and embraced the barriers. Slight bend on rear left toe.

There was nothing left but to keep the second position and drive to finish. Which was pretty easy.

I have to say, that I love these SO sprint combos with mrt (and mrt in general). Almost like 30 minutes to 1 hour of skill driving challenge Mi likes.
I was driving in pool 7. The only pool where all racers got to the finish. Not all of them in good shape I suppose, cause I had to avoid some flying carts a few times.

Had to start in front, but I am not a very good starter and tried to be very carefull. So most of the time I was holding the pace down for the rest of the bunch. Lot of them succesfully passed me. To be honest, I've never been passed so much in one race. But it wasn't too bad cause the guys in front continued to make greater errors than me.

After 35 laps I felt a bit more secure and tried to hunt Darion who had a lead of about 7 seconds atm. I saw him sliding off a few times before, so pushing a little bit could have led to ... hm ... an improved position. 3 laps before the finish I was 2 seconds behind but then I forgot to hunt and started to think illepall .

So in the end I finished in second place. A nice result based on concistency. Congratulations Darion with a well deserved victory .
Hi guys,
I started in pool 7 from the 3rd position. after the start I tried to gain the lead, but this was not really easy. Sometimes I won some positions, sometimes I lost some of cause of mistakes.
After 30 rounds full of action, I reached position 1. After this the race got a bit borring. I made sometimes a few mistakes and lokesz picked up, but I could hold my position and won the race.
This was a very funny race and together my first victory in the olfsl.

ps: Phoenix124: I am really sorry for the crash.
Started in Pool 7 too, finished last... I just looked once at how many laps I had already done, and crashed into a wall, flipping me into the air... After that, my WHOLE supension was broken and bent in all possible directions... Sorry @all I held up, but I just wanted to finish... I don't think I caused that much inconvenience...

btw: I hate that combo...
Pool 7 for me too! I started 7th (of the 8 who showed) and took it *really* easy. So much so that I let everyone over take me. My plan being to beat all those who didn't finish but not really attack anybody else. My plan worked for the most part as 4 cars got damaged and ended up being slower than me, so I finished 4th, which I am pleased with.

The race itself was quite uneventful apart from being spun coming on to the back straight by bbman (no worries btw!)

I made one mistake where I took a corner too wide, but apart from that I managed to keep it on the black stuff in the right place for all 50 laps, albeit about 1 second off my fastest lap all the time!

@bbman - you made a good job of keeping out of my way most of the time, I think there was just once when I had to avoid you, but Johnathan was watching and he allowed you to go on - so I am happy with that decision.

Tim
Yeah
There were two quite damaged cars in that pool Tim, and it was tricky to watch them and decide to let them continue or not.

Luckily they did manage to keep out of everyones way quite well, only a couple of occasions did they seem a bit dangerous, but if they were any worse I would have spectated them both.

It's a tough decision to ends someones race so close to the end, you have to balance between danger and fairness.
#15 - S0ul
iam really thankful that you didnt spectate me....after a rather unlucky incident with chunkyracer my car was almost puddhing.....well,i avoided everyone when they passed me,but it still was quite an embarrasing race,crippling over that track^^
S0ul

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG