The online racing simulator
F1 South City Stand Alone Event Idea
This is just an idea for an event, but I would like to do it. It would be a South City Grand Prix at South City Town Course (S05).

This event would be 83 laps long and would start from a standstill as standard in LFS. We would use the BF1. This race would last around 90 min. Single file unordered restarts from SC would be used rather than RN's typical restarting methods and pit entry and exit lines would need to be observed rather than RN's typical "coned" exits. Pit stops for fuel would be required before the 55 lap mark.

Need to know:
-Can I ban Traction Control and enforce that ban or would that be a bad idea anyways?
-Would there be enough interest to fill at least a 24 car grid with single drivers? (would allow 30)
-Would qualifying (F1 standard style) on May 26th (finishing just prior to the start of the real Monaco GP) work out for most everybody?
-Would the race on June 2nd at the same time as the Monaco GP was the Sunday after also work for most everybody?
-Would R2 & R3 tyres be good tyres choices or would R3 & R4 be better for this event?
-Anything else we'd need to look into?

Information- 83 laps at SO5 is equal to 261.118km (GP of Monaco is 260.520km and 78 laps)
Quote from Cornys :

Need to know:
-Can I ban Traction Control and enforce that ban or would that be a bad idea anyways?
Not sure, setup checks wouldn't work as you're able to turn it on/off while driving. I remember something about it being checkable by insim - but I don't think it's really needed anyway. IMO BF1 at South City for that length for most people would be enough of a challenge

-Would there be enough interest to fill at least a 24 car grid with single drivers? (would allow 30)
Well, obviously 1 person can't answer it. There are some hardcore BF1'ers, who race OWRL F1 - outside of that it's quite an unused car. You can see results etc for OWRL here to see what sort of numbers they got last season. http://www.owrl.de/e107_plugin ... nt/content.php?content.19
-Would qualifying (F1 standard style) on May 26th (finishing just prior to the start of the real Monaco GP) work out for most everybody?
I'm probably not interested to drive, I guess a poll is the only way to decide because many people don't post on the forum, but might vote. I can't see why not though

-Would the race on June 2nd at the same time as the Monaco GP was the Sunday after also work for most everybody?
Same as above

-Would R2 & R3 tyres be good tyres choices or would R3 & R4 be better for this event?
Qual will be R2's, Race R3's I'm pretty sure.

-Anything else we'd need to look into?
I don't think you should force people to stop before lap 55. It's quite un-needed anyway. Most people will do a 2 stop strategy I guess.
Information- 83 laps at SO5 is equal to 261.118km (GP of Monaco is 260.520km and 78 laps)

Replied in bold. Hope it helps.
what about making it interesting and ban refueling. This would make people tailor their gears and short shift etc. (though im doubtful that you can save 1.4% a lap, it may be possible)
Quote from Bmxtwins :what about making it interesting and ban refueling. This would make people tailor their gears and short shift etc. (though im doubtful that you can save 1.4% a lap, it may be possible)

Thats quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard you suggest my reaction made even more lol what are you thinking because when I first read it, you hadn't added the bit about realising you couldn't save the fuel.
It's not me that would force them to stop for fuel, I was stating that that would likely be the longest anybody could go on fuel

I've been pretty busy tonight sadly.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Thats quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard you suggest my reaction made even more lol what are you thinking because when I first read it, you hadn't added the bit about realising you couldn't save the fuel.

well you can, by running long as gears at low revs and short shifting the hell out of the car. I just tried it for 5 laps and got a 1.2% per lap average, but my speed was very slow in straights
If done properly could be a good event
I think it would be awesome. I think that we should do a standing start but 1 formation lap. It would be more realistic :P

I think it will be a very good event.

But I think banning TC would not be good, especially for less experienced drivers (like my self) wouldn't be able to get it off the line.
Quote from Jonathon.provost :I think it would be awesome. I think that we should do a standing start but 1 formation lap. It would be more realistic :P

Well, the trcik would be to make sure that nobody jumped the start. I'd required TeamSpeak if we had this idea so that I could count down to the green.

Jumped start could be checked after the fact easily, so I'd plan on that if it happens.
I have a custom starter insim and it automatically says who jumped the start. That use it in mini FBM
i am definitely for banning TC..
Make it like real F1..
Ban refueling is something new and definitely would be fun to watch how the drivers will drive with this
How about mandatory R2 and R3 both tyres used in race?

If this will happen, i will be there
Quote from Denny12 :i am definitely for banning TC..
Make it like real F1..
Ban refueling is something new and definitely would be fun to watch how the drivers will drive with this
How about mandatory R2 and R3 both tyres used in race?

If this will happen, i will be there

Well, this F1 car is from 2006. In 2006, they did refuelling - the fuel tank is much smaller in the BF1 of 06 than the ones they have used since 2010(roughly half the size afaik). It would be nice if people would use intelligence before posting on this forum. It wouldn't be a race, more like a fuel economy run.

If you want to make it like real F1, use the rules real F1 used in 06 - not try to make the car do something it isn't designed to do.
On top of what Isaac said, treaded tyres are awful on single seaters without TC.
And don't forget that not everyone is using pedals.
Who cares if refueling tbh? Your gonna have to stop for tires anyways
Quote from IsaacPrice :If you want to make it like real F1, use the rules real F1 used in 06 - not try to make the car do something it isn't designed to do.

This was basically what I was thinking on the subject. I asume that TC was used at this time as well in races so banning it probably would be a bad idea
Qual: Current F1 qualifying system (Q1:20m, Q2:15m, Q3:10m)
Number of people knocked out of Q1 and Q2 decided on how many shows up.

Race: 78 laps @ SO5
TC on (This engine for 2006 is not optimized for no tc.)
Must use tires 'R2' 'R3' atleast once.

Date: Before January 8th.

kthx.

F1 South City Stand Alone Event Idea
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG