The online racing simulator
Short Course 150 (Round 6) Discussion Thread
Notice: This event will use version 0.6E of the Live For Speed softwear, so be sure to upgrade before this round

Discussion regarding the 2012 Short Course (Round #6 of the 2012 World TBO Championship Series) may be made here. This is the final round of the Series.

Round 6 – Short Course 150 – 81 laps at AS1 – December 16, 2012 – 16:00 GMT - Layout - Weather

Qualifying Begins (Group 1*): 16:00 GMT (20 min.)
Qualifying Begins (Group 2*): 16:25 GMT (20 min.)
Race begins: 16:50 GMT
Estimated Race Conclusion: 18:10 GMT

* - Qualifying groups will be split based upon odd and even positions in the driver points standings. 1st, 3rd, 5th, ect.. in driver points will be in Group #1. Group #2 will consist of drivers in 2nd, 4th, 6th, ect.. positions in driver points. All drivers will be permitted on the server at all times during this session unless we have more than 35 competitors in attendance. That chat will be closed for non-administrators over the course of qualifying as usual.

A pre-race driver breifing will be PM'ed to all registered competitors and may be in the form of a video or text. All participants are expected to watch or read all of this text. This will occur overnight for most drivers (based on their local time) on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Stream: Link TBA at SimRace.tv
Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/RealisticNASCAR/
LFS Remote: http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host...+NASCAR+Server
PM's have been issued for tomorrow's race . If you didn't receive one and would like to participate please PM me as soon as possible.
81 laps, AS1 very short track for sure ...

... so how do we deal with all the blueflag situations that will appear? Bringing this tricky Q up before the race might spare some hard feelings during the race, and saving some hrs to the admins

I know that some of the drivers in this league tend to stick to the horn and flash their lights furiously, expecting the lapped cars to dive in to a parking space to let them throe without any loss of a 1/100 of a sec ...

With this short track I think overlapping cars drivers need some more patient, because otherwise all cars one lap behind might as well go to pit and park there cars in running order, or just don't show up if you know you might be in the "blueflaged crowd"

Of course, the golden rule is to never fight your position when blueflaged, but still, to keep the race interesting further down in the field, the blueflaged car must be allowed to find a fair spot (in short time) where to yield without loosing it's positions towards cars behind.

I know this might offend some drivers, then stating that they are in a fight with some other guys and need to get throe without any time loss at all ... and sure they have a point in that statement.

So I think it all boils down to mutual respect, solving each situation the best possible way.
If a lonely upcoming car is approaching a bunch overlapped cars racing each other, I think he should give some more space to them, and if a lonely overlapped cars is going to be overtaken by a bunch of leading cars, that lonely blueflaged car should be very very careful and give lots of space to the passing cars
We will expect lead lap cars to lap vehicles in front of them as though they were racing against them for a position. Blocking is not allowed under the blue flag however, and "moving over" for a blue flag is not completely expected.

This will be addressed prior to the race
Just drive your normal line,no sudden moves or something,when the lapping cars goes for pass,let him by. Easy,isn't it?
The Teamspeak server is now up to date. Sorry it took me so long.

Some channels are lost but if you want to have a team channel, ask when myself (Provost) is online and I will make it.

Thank you
Quote from Cornys :

Round 6 –

Qualifying Begins (Group 1*): 16:00 GMT (20 min.)
Qualifying Begins (Group 2*): 16:25 GMT (20 min.)
Race begins: 16:50 GMT
Estimated Race Conclusion: 18:10 GMT

* - Qualifying groups will be split based upon odd and even positions in the driver points standings. 1st, 3rd, 5th, ect.. in driver points will be in Group #1. Group #2 will consist of drivers in 2nd, 4th, 6th, ect.. positions in driver points. All drivers will be permitted on the server at all times during this session unless we have more than 35 competitors in attendance. That chat will be closed for non-administrators over the course of qualifying as usual.

Sry for realising this late. But surely if you restart the qual session for the 2nd group, they will have different wind conditions than the first session which isn't really fair? But then also, if you put them in the same session afterwards, they can watch and see where they have to brake etc and basically get "extra" time. I don't personally care, I'm just gonna cruise around and see what happens and try and avoid the fight if I can, nothing I can do anyway, havent practiced until today cos of GT1WS. But, better to not have the excuses from Niki/Joe afterwards and put them in the same session?
So cmon explain it here? Niki always cries for Perm and protests people, he is given perm. I asked, and you didnt even reply. We're on a final warning for intentional contact, he hits me twice in the same place very intentionally, to make a position. Before this I'm fighting for the win with Joe. After it I'm 4th, with 4s to catch which is a lot. In the end it hasn't mattered because of my connection. But I'd really like to know why the admins cannot act in a way that is equal with everyone. The "backmarkers do not have to move out of the way, aslong as they dont impede you" rule was stupid too. I had someone pull out to divebomb another car while I'm alongside him, costing me 1s, + an earlier incident.

I know you want a good championship between Joe and Niki, but you have to do your admin duties too, otherwise they can abuse it. Hoping for Joe to win, the only 1 who deserves it.
I'll explain it as i saw it.
I agree that Niki did some unnecessary contacts, but none of them was penalisable, in the end what cost you most of the time was that contact in last turn, where he puts himself safely alongside you (yes, brave divebomb, but still...) and you turned into him. I think he would make the corner easily, even with only little room given.

Compared to what i've seen at Westhill, this was just little tap, there it was almost intentional wrecking.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1754806#post1754806

From this post, I got a warning(final) for the same as what Niki did. He said before the race he was going to get revenge for SO5R, and what did he do? My feeling was I didn't get a penalty for WE1R because it cost me much more than it cost Niki, maybe I should have. But I don't understand how you can make this post that I've linked, and not give him a penalty(or even the right for me to talk, as Niki has been allowed to throughout the season)
Quote from Kid222 :where he puts himself safely alongside you (yes, brave divebomb, but still...) and you turned into him.

I'm no expert when it comes to judging collisions, but having seen a picture where the gap between him and Isaac is 2 car lenghts before the braking for final corner, I have a hard time seeing how Niki "puts himself safely alongside". That divebomb wasn't brave, it was just over aggressive and a very desperate move in a very early stage of the race.

inb4 niki comes rambling here how I'm being biased cos Isaac's my team mate
Quote from reigga :

inb4 niki comes rambling here how I'm being biased cos Isaac's my team mate

in the mean time..

he still made thd ive and clearly had overlap and enough space to play with going into the corner. it wouldnt hurt isaac if you would just let him take the slower exit and get him going into t1.
Clearly had overlap when he's 2 car lengths behind entering the braking zone? Okay. How can I "plan" my corner around whether Niki is going to do an irrational divebomb or not?

Anyway, my main gripe is with the fact the admins didn't give me permission to talk until after I timed out. They did in all of Niki's cases, it just felt to me like they had decided they didn't want to give a penalty to Niki 5s after the crash(when it isn't that straightforward, there is 2 sides to the story for sure). I don't really care what the admins opinion is on the accident itself, because I'm already claiming they already decided their opinion 3s after the accident, and didn't look at it subjectively. The feeling of unjustness was in me until/after I timed out. When I rejoined I had the idea to wreck Niki, but luckily I realised to myself that it wasn't worth it and I didn't have the right to ruin whoever was interested's fight for the championship.

Like I said in the server, sorry for how I acted ingame - it was imature. I should have just said what I felt here. Hopefully my chat didn't affect anyones races. The main difference between what I did at WE1R and Niki at AS1 is that, mine was a mistake and cost me much more, and I apologised. He was clearly gunning for me before the start even happened, made contact which is against the rules the lap before to even be close, and then dived from 2 car lengths(maybe even more...). I'm pretty sure if Robin did the same thing to Sma on the last lap, which he could have done - you would have the opposite opinion of what you've said, Franky.

E: And no Niki, I don't care about your opinion. It's always in favour of yourself, you never make mistakes and are the perfect driver - like Schumacher!
Quote from IsaacPrice : you would have the opposite opinion of what you've said, Franky.

i did almost the same move on Vale on last lap and he didnt turn in on me. infact we touched because i had pushed my tyres a bit much trying to catch him.

he waited for my terrible exit and got past me easily. i looked over your dive at westhil and for me it was fair. (except for the derp part)

i feel we both are partly bias so its no point to argue these things but if you do what niki does to you then you cant complain when things go wrong.
Frankly, I don't give a flying crap. If you want I can give you a tip thought. I just wanna point out that it's just very immature of you to behave like at season end. I'm not provoking you here or whatever, I just want you to realize there is no need to argue about this matter.

I just had a great race with Joe even though I'd been more pleased if he gave me 1 chance at least, but I know I did my best for most of the race at least and next time I can only drive faster. It was a good season for me.
Quote from N I K I :Frankly, I don't give a flying crap. If you want I can give you a tip thought. I just wanna point out that it's just very immature of you to behave like at season end. I'm not provoking you here or whatever, I just want you to realize there is no need to argue about this matter.

I just had a great race with Joe even though I'd been more pleased if he gave me 1 chance at least, but I know I did my best for most of the race at least and next time I can only drive faster. It was a good season for me.

No, Like I said. I don't care about your opinion, even when you're in the wrong you would still think you arent - so your opinion can't tell me anything because I could be correct to think it's your fault, and you would still think it isn't like that. Like Franky said, we're probably always going to disagree so there is no point. I have no respect to lose with you ontrack, I have none for you anyway. So it's not a problem. I don't need you to think I'm a good racer

However I think finding the answer to why I wasn't given the chance to protest during the race like you were, and why we haven't had any formal penalty at any point this season(and continued to have these stupid accidents) is a question the admin team need to answer with a thorough post, because it's a joke.
Admins said theirs, franky, me said theirs, u only disagree so rly whats the point.
in other news,

grats joe on driver champ
Well my point is I think the admins were biased so I want them to show me they arent. The fact Kid said what I did to you at WE1R was "almost intentional wrecking" really shows this well IMO

E: I mean, they were biased by emotion against wanting to give a penalty against Niki fighting the championship, so they didn't think rationally and rather felt like they had the need to defend Niki by taking a cheap shot against me(like an insult for WE1R). Over the course of the season I think both sides of this argument can point to "strange" decisions.
well it was stupid attack of u on we1r... car was always gonna slip away in that we1r corner, maybe he knew that and thinks u did it intentionally.

me attack on as1, i no slip, i go over curb.
Look, you're going into your opinion again and I've explained your opinion is irrelevant so don't bother to give it. I explained to you what I want an answer to from the admins, now shut up with what I hope for your sake is trolling. .

And yes, Gratz Joe. Said it already in server, but hey - great drive anyways. Don't think your pace was that epic here, but once again did what was needed.
-
(N I K I) DELETED by Scawen : using word gaylord as insult, causing post to be reported and wasting our time
Grats joewas rooting for you to beat niki xD
Quote from IsaacPrice :-- because it's a joke.

Your buttpain is a joke.

In other news, feels very nice to take 3rd place for my new team, and in a proper league too. It's been a long time since I've been out of the public servers in more organized races with just the exception of some Torsdagsrace. I had fun, too bad my close competition couldn't keep a slightly better pace - after losing two places at start like a noob I caught up and took over all but the fresh champ and his bested competitor, whose paces I couldn't match.

Stankus, I feel bad for you for the incident with #34, which was much worse of consequence than the one I had with him. I'd been expecting to see you catch up to me so I could have an epic final battle only to keep my 3rd place till the end Hoping to see you in future races for a rematch without traffic problems.
NIKI divebombing from 2 car lenght away, i don't see any reason why Isaac should have left you the room there.
Well, from my math we won the teams champ(Just, if you take into account I get points for my 15th place which afaik from the other races I should.) and Joe won the drivers, and I congratulated him. I don't know what you won that I didn't . Also for example when I lost in GT1WS to GenR in R1, I congratulated them.
This thread is closed

Short Course 150 (Round 6) Discussion Thread
(69 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG