The online racing simulator
GT3 Touring Car Cup: New points system discussion
So essentially the same, but it is limited by the number of cars.
Say 28 cars showup, the maximum points awarded will be 28 (excluding bonus points) and -1 point for each subsequent position so that last place will receive 1 point and 2nd to last 2 points. The bonuses would include 1 point pole bonus, 1 point for 3rd , 2 for 2nd and 4 points bonus for 1st.
Just an idea, comment/discuss.
So basically if you drop/fail in 1 race, ur season is going shit. Lol noep
Quote from krkriv :So basically if you drop/fail in 1 race, ur season is going shit. Lol noep

not even close. Last year if you missed a race you missed out on about 46 points max, now it could be a maximum of like 33 points missed. Plus the less cars = less points available to other teams. Points gap still remains the same as the minimum you could receive was set NASCAR style, -1 point per position aprox.
I am happy with last year's system still, I was just asked about change by a team (cough genr)
I still think drop worst round is best.. It also keeps the balancing of the cars fairer. Old points system, drop worst round, that's my vote.
Quote from vipex123 :I still think drop worst round is best.. It also keeps the balancing of the cars fairer. Old points system, drop worst round, that's my vote.

Possibly, although maybe a slight bonus for attending each round?
5 points I think and of course if you are DSQ from an event then that doesn't count as a worst result.
Drop worst round after x amount of races your scored for. if you arent scored in a round (dsq etc) you dont get a drop.
Bonus points and that whole shabang sucks.
Big difference win to 2nd and little points for out of top 10 is how f1 (and most of other FIA championships) always was and is back to it now once they figured its the best after all. ATM 1st to 2nd difference is 30ish%. It used to be 30ish, then went up even 40% back in the day, then to 20% and after-all back to 30ish as it's obviously the best.
Then you have 2nd to 3rd in difference of always 20ish% etc u can do the math. The point is, only how many people you want to award is how big points are for the victory. The reward should always stay the same. Having system like that, you don't need a drop round at all and you know where you are at all times. So, for most positions difference is 8% of victory points atm and in your sytem it would be 3% which would make better result a lot less worth and something meaningless like fastest lap very important.

That's how I saw point systems since ever.
Quote from N I K I :Bonus points and that whole shabang sucks.
Big difference win to 2nd and little points for out of top 10 is how f1 (and most of other FIA championships) always was and is back to it now once they figured its the best after all. ATM 1st to 2nd difference is 30ish%. It used to be 30ish, then went up even 40% back in the day, then to 20% and after-all back to 30ish as it's obviously the best.
Then you have 2nd to 3rd in difference of always 20ish% etc u can do the math. The point is, only how many people you want to award is how big points are for the victory. The reward should always stay the same. Having system like that, you don't need a drop round at all and you know where you are at all times.

That's how I saw point systems since ever.

The f1 points system is great for what it is used for, I don't agree with it for enduro races
Quote from Mustangman759 :The f1 points system is great for what it is used for, I don't agree with it for enduro races

No, its used in wtcc, rally, endu etc its universal system in racing. Obviously in Nascar its a bit more random so awards are less meaning for victory and only in that case I agree with it. Maybe look into V8 Supercars system. I'm quite sure they have a good one, awarding points to the whole grid. I'm saying you can make points system of your own that gives awards to everyone and for success at the same time. Maybe you'll end up with 100 or 200 points for victory, but it will be worth it. :P
Yes, but it does seem to work.
https://docs.google.com/spread ... TC1FN0FYNGR2d1FXcGc#gid=0
last year's points showed that it worked as the top 2 cars were withing 1 point.
All I am wondering about is would be 2 scenarios.
A.) Reduce max points and start at 1 point for last etc
or B.) same system but use Jame's idea
or C.) No change (which I tend to lean towards because I prefer to award points to teams who showup and make the effort to race.)
Just been playing here with numbers and it's nearly impossible to make good differences between points for the whole grid if you want to award 28 positions. Even starting up high as 300 points for victory. Starting up on a 1000 would be ridiculous though. I'd recommend you starting with a 300 for victory and see how you can play with it. It would be innovative if anything. Making just 1 point difference is no imagination at all.
The idea is to keep it competitive and close. 1 point per position is pretty straight forward imo I would like to see more input from teams interested in the series as it will directly affect them thanks for your suggestions though
no offense niki your not signed up so I would rather have people who are be happy with any changes
Well some race with few opponents but quality opponents are harder to win than race with full grid and rubbish opponent. The number of car on track doesn't really make the points worth or not.

Plus this point system doesn't make any difference between position. Let's have the most winning team champion ! I think everyone would agree it will be well deserved
And If Theodore cooks THE breakfast (bacon, eggs, croissant etc...) ? no point bonus ?

Personally I think allowing to drop 1 round is not in the spirit of endurance!

Endurance is all about consistency and finishing everything you start, drop round is like a license to fxxk up once....

Point system worked well last year as it was very hard to build a gap with your competitors, but it didn't really motivate to win races as being on the podium was the only important thing to make sure you were going to be close enough in the end of the champ.
F1 Points Systems please!!!

And I think it's good that 1 bonus point for pole position and other 1 for fastest lap.

And I think that -1 point system is not very interesting, but a good idea though. -1 point system feels like positions are not very significance,taking part of race and finish.
What's the motivation to drive for non-top10 teams? Wait for some immiracle to happen and collect some points? FIA's main points system won't work here and now.
The drop round allows lower teams to drop worst results early on the year as they improve during the season. I do agree that 1 point per place is a little silly and the top 5 should be rewards for their position by maybe a 2-4 point spacing between the places.
I agree with James, and my thought about your points' system is: It was the biggest flaw in your whole competition last season! The low reward for winning a race or doing a much better place than your opponent was not motivating at all, and didn't worth anything.
Other leagues give points to everyone, with having a decent enough award for actually doing better in a race. Try one of those as a base and add your own flavour, nobody will hate you for it. Dont understand the idea of a drop round. You don't want top teams to miss your races, so don't encourage them to miss it. Isn't that common sense?

And stop begging people to join your league, we have eyes and can see LFSForum.
Quote from IsaacPrice : Dont understand the idea of a drop round. You don't want top teams to miss your races, so don't encourage them to miss it. Isn't that common sense?

If fact it's quite the opposite, last season we had a single bad round and ended up 20 points (20 positions) behind the league, that was a massive deterrent. It's the same this season, one bad round, no hope of winning with the points so close to increased chance of dropping out. You understand?
If you read my whole post(which isn't hard) I'm saying you should give a bigger reward to catch up the gap. That was the problem last season? You couldn't catch the gap after making a mistake. You should be punished for a mistake, but have the opportunity to make it up too

Or do I read the situation wrong?
Quote from IsaacPrice :If you read my whole post(which isn't hard) I'm saying you should give a bigger reward to catch up the gap. That was the problem last season? You couldn't catch the gap after making a mistake. You should be punished for a mistake, but have the opportunity to make it up too

No No, I agree with it and I have read it all. There is two ways of fixing the drop out race, having drop scores which will allow lower teams to improve throughout the season and drop scores at the end which will allow them to be further up the table. Or like you suggested, have a larger gap between the points so catching up a deficit is actually possible.
Ok my mistake then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG