The online racing simulator
2013 Schedule Discussion
The final round of the 2012 series will take place on December 15th, but this doesn't man that it is too early to start thinking about the 2013 Season

I'll be headed to Post Secondary this fall when I typically would have time to make the schedule, so I would like to look at the schedule early this year

What needs debated on:
  • Aston Cadet race return for 2013? (wait until that race happens to make those plans)
  • Race at Blackwood Rallycross lasting around 75 min?
  • One longer race counting towards series points (with or without driver swaps)?
  • Fern Bay pavement race return?
  • Bonus point(s) for top finisher in each vehicle in each race?
Poll will be posted at a later time

Rockingham would kill this schedule
so 15th December or 16th ??

Because
1. 3h of Fern Bay Gold - FE3 - 15 December 2012
3 hours - Course Length 2.183 mi / 3.514 km (GT1WS)

Quote from Cornys :
Round 6 – Short Course 150 – 81 laps at AS1 – December 16, 2012 – 16:00 GMT - Layout - Weather.

Quote from Intrex1020 :so 15th December or 16th ??

Because
1. 3h of Fern Bay Gold - FE3 - 15 December 2012
3 hours - Course Length 2.183 mi / 3.514 km (GT1WS)

I was mistaken, my signature and schedule are correct
Do may be in place as1 will be as2r?
Quote from [Audi TT] :Do may be in place as1 will be as2r?

Very unlikely. Sorry. A ton of tire heat and alot of strightaway
Well. What do you think about the fe3r or the as3r? The track of BL2 is don't variant.
I think we need more tracks that we havnt actually raced on. Half of those tracks people will already have setups for and thats what starts to make things boring...

How about having some AS4/r or AS6/r. BL1r would be better than BL1 since that one has been done for 2 seasons in a row now...

Just dont make it the same as it has been, change is good
Quote from kart-36 :I think we need more tracks that we havnt actually raced on. Half of those tracks people will already have setups for and thats what starts to make things boring...

How about having some AS4/r or AS6/r. BL1r would be better than BL1 since that one has been done for 2 seasons in a row now...

Just don't make it the same as it has been, change is good

Thanks for the input

I drafted a rough schedule yesterday for a changes schedule that looked something like this (no race distances or anything, just tracks)

-KY2 or KY2R (XRT advanatge)
-SO4 or SO5 (FXO advanatge)
-BL1 ; BL1R ; BL2 maybe even (XRT advantage unless at BL2, then RB4)
-FE3R or FE2 (FXO advantage)
-AS6 ; AS5 ; AS4 never reverse because of the dangerous first corners there (XRT advantage)
-WE1R (XRT advantage, but this is a very good track)

1 race per environment. As I had said last year, I'm taking suggestions until it's released. Once Registrations are open it's too late. I was going to move in the direction of smaller tracks, but we'll see after the final round how I feel about that.

I'm also looking to make the RB4 and FXO into contention for the title. Stankus has world records in the FXO and can't get too close to the lead. Tracks where the FXO should be advantaged it's tyres melt away. Tracks where they don't melt away it not fast enough. BL2 race actually would be bad for the FXO, but would bring the RB4 into play.. This would get away from the base of the series and unless there is a ton of support for that race I'll likely avoid it other than a possible non-points event which would draw a tiny attendance.

I was looking to change the XRT's restriction to weight (5kg or something) and the FXO's restriction to 3 or 4%. They may be able to take the pole in the FXO with these restrictions, but looking at the tracks (rather the schedule is changed like above or left mostly the same) the FXO will still not be the best choice of car. Testing will have to confirm this however. I'd rather leave it the same and be wrong than change something and be wrong..

Testing didn't exactly work out, but before the Short Course 150 (very early Sunday) if there are people on the server I may ask them to do some test runs for me if they don't mind.

Of course, if the Short Course 150 gets dominated by an FXO I may not change the restrictions for next year. One thing I don't want is to slow down the race pace or take tyre wear out of the races. That's half of the fun
Just randomly commenting your text...

Quote :-KY2R

Last week RTFRi was held in that track with XRT (the most popular car in this league anyway),it was one of the most crowded events,even cutting off casual drivers,who are not visiting lfsforum. But then again,it's quite common combo with a "been there,doe that" backtaste...

Quote :BL2 maybe even

Not sure if rallycross is a good idea in this kind of league...

Quote :1 race per environment. As I had said last year

But still there was no Fern Bay to this year's calender...

Quote :I'm also looking to make the RB4 and FXO into contention for the title.
I was looking to change the XRT's restriction to weight (5kg or something) and the FXO's restriction to 3 or 4%.

Well,this has been turned into XRT league with some FXOs in mix,while RB4 is almost forgotten. Wouldn't it be better to have equal car amount in field keeping equal overall chances for title? How about adding another % of restrictor to XRT? (puts flamesuit on in fear from rwd fanatics) It would give more chance to other 2 cars,of course this requires some testing...
I think people chose the XRT without doing any testing so the restrictions might not be bad as they are. Like you said, would need testing. The FXO has looked good at points this season imo
Quote from Eclipsed :Just randomly commenting your text...

-"Not sure if rallycross is a good idea in this kind of league..."

"Well,this has been turned into XRT league with some FXOs in mix,while RB4 is almost forgotten. Wouldn't it be better to have equal car amount in field keeping equal overall chances for title? How about adding another % of restrictor to XRT? (puts flamesuit on in fear from rwd fanatics) It would give more chance to other 2 cars,of course this requires some testing..."

Honestly, I don't want to go to a rally-cross track. I was just trying to think about how to even up the RB4. I don't exactly want to slow down the XRT, but I'm more in the corner of adding speed to the other two cars somehow.. this is impossible for the RB4 though. The weight thing seems like a good idea as it will make the vehicles even more varied in weight and power. The FXO going down the 3 or 4% and XRT going to 0% with 5-10 kg will make it more powerful, but slower in the corners while going different speeds. While the FXO would be faster in the straights to make up a little more.. Weight added on the FXO would reduce tyre wear, but also get rid of it's variance from the XRT.

RB4 should be the best car this weekend coming, but that's the only time that it would have been any good (even though one did finish 3rd at Blackwood :shrug

I don't like the idea in my OP about giving bonus points to the highest finishing in each car, but at the same time I do. It would encourage some variance in car selection

Thanks again for the comments guys

Car counts were up this year. This was something that I had hoped for in keeping things largely the same for this season. Now that we have a good reputation for the most part through those interested in race we can start to make the racing more exciting for those who might watch or those who enjoy battling more than riding. The schedule spacing works really well, and the times I can't help , but I think we could even make the racing more exciting through the pack. That's what I aim for. At the front I can't change too much because you guys are too consistent in pace. We cut back on our yellow calling this year and I think that made it better as well

If we really wanted to have an exciting race at the front we'd have to go to an oval or have some luck . We have had some luck this year at the front like in the Westhill 207, but if it's always exciting it's not quite as exciting when it is. Let's go to F24 next year jk
Quote from Cornys :Weight added on the FXO would reduce tyre wear

How is that physically possible? More weight = more load on tyres,thus more wear...

Well,at current points system the 1 point won't give you much boost anyway,so it's not a big deal...
Quote from Eclipsed :(puts flamesuit on in fear from rwd fanatics)

Don't worry, I won't "emit" flames as long as Cameron doesn't give restrictions for my car (FZ5)

Quote from Eclipsed :How is that physically possible? More weight = more load on tyres,thus more wear...

Well,at current points system the 1 point won't give you much boost anyway,so it's not a big deal...

Maybe all the weight on the back?
Quote from Cornys :-KY2 or KY2R (XRT advanatge)
-SO4 or SO5 (FXO advanatge)
-BL1 ; BL1R ; BL2 maybe even (XRT advantage unless at BL2, then RB4)
-FE3R or FE2 (FXO advantage)
-AS6 ; AS5 ; AS4 never reverse because of the dangerous first corners there (XRT advantage)
-WE1R (XRT advantage, but this is a very good track)

Yeah that looks better already!
-KY2 has been done already, but its still a fun combo, KY2r is my prefered combo though :P
-SO4 is very fun, there was race back in Apex Cup at this combo, and well the FXO was very competitive here along with the XRT. RB4 not so much even with Troy behind the wheel :P
-BL1r FTW!
-FE2 could be pretty crazy, T1 is just a real no go in terms of long races IMO Perhaps FE3r or FE4r could be fun
-I would like to see AS4 there, its a fun combo and slipstream there makes for some good and close racing even with these cars. AS7r was a good one this year so I imagine this could be even better.
-WE1r was good this year, a very challenging track in terms of setup and driving, atleast more fun that WE1...
Quote from Sobis :Maybe all the weight on the back?

But on braking the weight shifts most load to front anyway,while in corners more weight will create more centrifugal force,which will affect front wheels too.

About tracks/schedule - just wondering why open configs aren't mentioned? There are a lot of new possibilitys,might be useful to take a look!
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Because bl11/r is sooooo boring! Some people have problems with fps snd also you can get streams on them
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Quote from Eclipsed :How is that physically possible? More weight = more load on tyres,thus more wear...

FXO drivers would put it all in the rear to even up the weight distribution of that car. This would also slow down the cornering speed

I was looking more towards 5 points bonus if it is done.
I'm going to compile a schedule vote here before the new year. I'm either going to post some tracks and then make the races for them or I'm just going to make the options with the whole event information like this and post those options. Here's some samples of each event options.

- Aston 250 - 31 laps at AS4 - 250km - estimated race time= 90 min
- Westhill 207 – 40 laps at WE1R - 207km - estimated race time= 80 min
- Kyoto 225 - 44 laps at KY2R - 226km - estimated race time= 87 min
- South City Grand Prix - 41 laps at SO4 - 165km - estimated race time= 76 min
- South City 150 – 48 laps at SO5 - 151km - estimated race time= 74 min
- Blackwood 200 – 61 laps at BL1 - 201km - estimated race time= 90 min
- Fern Bay 175 - 50 laps at FE3 - 175km - estimated race time= 75 min
- Fern Bay 200 - 31 laps at FE4 - 203km - estimated race time= 90 min
No RO?
Quote from Sobis :No RO?

Well, if RO was releaced we'd have to do some more testing because of tyre physics. We'd have to re-align the schedule as well

P.S. Are you drunk? What happen to your grammar?
I'm gonna go bold and suggest FE2R. A massive challenge that venue. FXO/RB4 track by default.

Keep as7/as7r, perhaps this year back to as7, and add another Aston race on a longer track.

Use both Kyoto venues. Would be interesting to go to ky3 this year. This cars handle curbs very well, there wouldn't even be no need for slow-down chicane.

Don't use so4. Long straights aren't really all that cool at a city circuit, leave that to Aston/Kyoto. so5 this year would be perfect for that city track feeling.

bl1/r I don't mind either of them. If we had bl1 every year I'd never get bored of it, it's that sort of track. It's an epic, it's our demo track. I <3 u bl1.

And perhaps add an open config at Aston, I remember we did something like that at Rony's and it was absolutely brilliant.
What's going on with Westhill? Why no race there?

2013 Schedule Discussion
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG