The online racing simulator
Possably I've got alot of time to thik it over though
ky3 could be nice one.
AS7R !

What about a race in SO too?
Got working on a new points table for next year, and I'm going to enter this into the pole to decide the Season #2 points. The points table will be determined by user voting shortly on the head Realistic NASCAR Sub-forum.

[U]F - PTS[/U]
1 - 125
2 - 100
3 - 80
4 - 70
5 - 60
6 - 50
7 - 45
8 - 40
9 - 35
10 - 30
11 - 25
12 - 22
13 - 20
14 - 18
15 - 16
16 - 14
17 - 12
18 - 10
19 - 8
20 - 6
21 - 4
22 - 3
23 - 2
24 - 1
Pole - 5
Best - 1

Basically, the thought behind that was to award points for the majority of the finishing order, but at the same time, those towards the front of the pack (Top 5) would receive a great number of points.

The award for winning would be greater than before, and the number of positions which would receive points would go up. I beleive it's a win-win situation. You guys will vote on the matter of course, so keep suggesting your best points tables and track suggestions. We certainly listen to those who are willing to share their opinions
Static driver sitting position during the season.

Since this is a series where you stick with a single car for entire season and I don't see why this rule couldn't be introduced in a multicar series as well, it would go with your name, realistic, to have every racing driver pick which side of the car he will sit in his brand new car at the race one and then stick with it through the season.

Swapping left and right between the races not only makes it unrealistic, but unfair towards drivers who use cockpit view vs free or follow view and in a tight competition as your series it might turn out to make a difference. You could argue that it takes skill to adjust from driving on one side of the car to another, but this only goes as long as it's cockpit view and quite a few drivers don't go thru that process and rather rape full benefits with other view settings. And you can't argue that cockpit is the fastest view in order for swapping sides to be justified, because it simple isn't. It's only the most enjoyable and as fast as any other. I say most enjoyable, because it's by far the most challenging for spacial awareness within a close battle.
Niki is right
This is 1 of the stupidest things I've ever read. I use incar and dont have problems changing from 1 driver side to another
Quote from IsaacPrice :This is 1 of the stupidest things I've ever read. I use incar and dont have problems changing from 1 driver side to another

It may be to you, for whom the right side is normal and you mostly drive on left side in LFS. For someone who always drives on left side only UF1 is easy to switch sides.
Besides it gives a sort of realism to it to have one side through the season, sort of what you see in some touring car series'.
I don't see the disadvantge of requiring drivers to remain on the same side of the car through the season. I'll look into it, but if it's more work than it's worth we may not employ such a rule. If anybody has anything to say on the topic feel free to voice it here.

Also, want to let everybody know that if we have more than 32 drivers looking to gain entry into an event I plan on running them in 2 different pools within the same session. (25 min first group until qualifying cock runs out, 2-5 min break to switch pool, reset qualifying time to allow pool 2 for another 25 min). This way we'll only have one replay for the different pools and everybody gets a fair ammount of track time and can see where they currently place. Pools will be determined by entry number. Any comments on this may be voiced here as well.

Also, I need people's thoughts on another matter, TeamSpeak required for competitors or not? The Admin team of course will be using it to communicate unlike last year's Series
Because someone can sign up mid season and take a win because they are able to choose the ideal side for that track, but not for others.

Sure, in reality its not going to happen because the advantage it gives is small - but then why bother with the rule in the first place? I dont have a problem really if the rule is implemented, just I dont sympathise with people who try and put a point in by complaining about lack of realism etc, when really its the drivers own inability to adapt from 1 to another. Thats what I really found stupid in it.

Quote from N I K I :It may be to you, for whom the right side is normal and you mostly drive on left side in LFS. For someone who always drives on left side only UF1 is easy to switch sides.

I've never drove a car irl, so I would say the normal for me is to be on the left side .

IMO no need for ts to be required either.
Switching driver position does nothing to benefit drivers ability to brake, turn, accelerate, or look side to side in cockpit view, it is all a matter of preference. Now, if you were physically in a car there would be several differences, but as most of you won't switch to left hand shifting in left hand drive i see no real benefit other than viewing perspective. If you are going to lock driver position you might as well lock all views and make everyone use cockpit. Each view has it's different advantages and disadvantages.
Weight distribution actually changes. If you want proof, look at the live cambers when you have a different side of the car, they're different(slightly)
Quote from IsaacPrice :Weight distribution actually changes. If you want proof, look at the live cambers when you have a different side of the car, they're different(slightly)

You can adjust weight distro in your setup(front and rear), doesn't make for any HUGE advantage, just a slight one, if that.
Quote from edge3147 :You can adjust weight distro in your setup, doesn't make for any HUGE advantage, just a slight one, if that.

You don't know what you're talking about. :chair:
Quote from edge3147 :You can adjust weight distro in your setup, doesn't make for any HUGE advantage, just a slight one, if that.

wut ants:
Quote from N I K I :You don't know what you're talking about.

NEITHER DO YOU!

lfs doesn't take left or right hand drive into consideration. for proof, check these pictures i JUST took. one is left hand drive, one is right hand drive.
Attached images
leftdrive.jpg
rightdrive.jpg
Quote from edge3147 :NEITHER DO YOU!

lfs doesn't take left or right hand drive into consideration. for proof, check these pictures i JUST took. one is left hand drive, one is right hand drive.

you didnt take DRIVER IN on those 2 images good job mate
Quote from Intrex1020 :you didnt take DRIVER IN on those 2 images good job mate

minor mistake. still doesn't change anything, here's 2 new pics to prove it.
Attached images
left.jpg
right.jpg
Quote from edge3147 :NEITHER DO YOU!

Don't want to generalize but you forgot to check the driver in box...

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Don't want to generalize but you forgot to check the driver in box...

Learn to refresh, amatuer trollz.
Quote from N I K I :Please go fail es-where.

You mad because my second set of pictures shows driver in and no changes? AWWW QQ.:hbomb:
Quote from Intrex1020 :There you have real proves lmao:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80943196/Rightsite.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80943196/leftsite.jpg

On your images wheel is on both screen left site xD

I'd call that an LFS Bug then because i switched the driver position. Was using FXR and not FXO like your pics. Regardless of the pictures, there is no large gain from switching drivers position end of story. if you are a good driver you should perform the same in either position unless you can't adjust to the view change. Does nothing to effect the handling of the car greatly.
btw Did some1 see the hamster ?? (in intrex photos)

WTBOCS - Suggestion Thread
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG