The online racing simulator
Great writing
Quote from Hahmo :Okay, here's the rant I promised.

Tracker..
Well, we all know it's important part of running an endurance event because these are long races where timeouts will occur, and without tracker it is harder to see who is on what lap and so on. You easily could have set up the tracker last night or even earlier this week, not couple of hours before the race asking boothy for help. That's just.. not the way it's done.

Race admining..
You piece of shits dont start spamming in the chat when you need a safety car, and then back it off 20 seconds later. Why I hear you ask? Well, that's because passing is not allowed under yellow flag, and this is why our driver James Peace backed off and lost about 20 seconds because he didn't pass a car ahead who was having a puncture if I recall correctly. Without the loss of this 20 seconds we could've had a battle for the lead with CoRe (even though 2nd is better than good position.) "Oh but race control insim crashed.." THEN FIX IT SON! It's not an excuse if the person who runs the race control is driving and the insim crashes, you can't connect it again. You get someone else to do it.

Server admining..
Don't get 2-3 people to say the same thing (for example, it was Tomek and someone else) in the server, "Safety car in this lap". This could be done by the insim, or by one person. That's just annoying thing to see and it could be a disruption to drivers. Chat should be kept to minimum. Then, this thing that Arco was lagging, it was a good call to tell us to get a new driver in to replace, and so we did (though he had to try 2 times before he got in due to server lag) but too late, boom arco was gone. Well, then #41 gets same amount of lag and you do nothing about it, I tell an admin about it and he says "be careful" to the driver.. WTF?
I tell him to get the driver off the track, "i'll say it after 2 laps" even though he had nearly taken out the other 3 cars surrounding him in a battle for a position.
Well.. what about this #22 polish guy.. He kept timing out and rejoining (while not even meant to drive!!) WTF?! you ban this guy if he keeps rejoining after telling him to stop rejoining (and you only told him to stop joining twice in the course of 2 hours of rejoining).

Then..
On my part I accept the fact that I have my penalty and am not allowed to race for 1 more race. This still doesn't mean you couldn't get help from me in the admining or helping to run the race. I offered you to be SC but nope.. You had lack of SC in the first caution called, leader had to go around the track without lead by a safety car (while I could have been there.) Same thing with the stream, I easily could have set it up and get it streaming within 10-20 minutes. But no, you decided not to even reply other than "up to matt" and not getting back with me in ts. But it's cool if you don't want others to enjoy watching others race or watching their teammates. Personally I love to watch stream replays if I have raced in the race.

I am willing to help in the future races if you accept any help to run this league better. This league is for the time being the only endurance series going and it's hell being a part in. Everything is so unorganised and I am sure many, many of us agree.
Thanks

1.tracker - can't deny that.
2.admins saying multiple things- yea, they were there just to help.
2. not enough admins - my fault, I thank 08 for doing the proper thing.
3. sc spamming, insim kept crashing and we typed it, when ray typed sc it was to get the admin attention , if we call a caution it will be CAUTION FLAG and spammed.
4. insim crash, the insim on 500server is not correctly working I will submit another support ticket
Quote from Bmxtwins :Session: Race
Lap: 23
Timecode: 40 mins
Cars: #36, #22
Description: 36 had inside lane yet leaves 1 car width between himself and the curb, 22 runs outside line expecting 36 to be closer to apex

My teammate say sorry for that. He lost control in his car because he hit the sign.
Quote from Naamavelli :Does 03 know what a blue flag is?

According to spdo database spdo finished in leader's lap (28+78=106) so 03 is 4th after counting genR penalty. Anyway it is really confusing to not have tracker in such a race.
Despite that Fade probably let James and Baksys pass after being shouted at.

@Momo, would you come to Skype, MSN or iRC or something?
I think instead of blaming the admins we all need to understand the situation. Tracker wasn't up, this needs to be planned way in advance before confirms are open to be honest but that's just the tip of the iceberg. It isn't fair for Matt to attempt to run the whole league by himself, it just doesn't work that way, so instead of shooting him down why not offer a little bit of help, pull together as a community and actually enjoy racing?

Secondly, admins are admins, and Ray, when you are driving please be quiet. I was really disappointed when you started saying there was a SC out when there was no need for one, as I obeyed the rules and lost a lot of time for no reason. But I guess you were just trying to help out I guess. SpdoRacing, I know that you felt you were fighting for position but when the admins are telling you to move you might as well move rather than fight for position and end up with all this grief afterwards.

I really enjoy the concept of the league ( although I still feel XRR's are overpowered compared ) and therefore I will set the ball rolling and offer help to the cause of the league. Matt, add me on skype and I will see where I can help out and ask around the guys to help also as we have a wealth of running league 'knowledge' ( Pierre running LFSES with Miro, Arco being a professional SC, Miro being a NDR admin for a while, Miro and other members in the team helping with the NWL concept ).

Thanks for the great racing and congrats to the top 3.
Well James the problem is that admin should aware of the situation. I can understand CoRe thinking we were one lap down, but I'm sorry but admin have to clear the situation. I was LFSES main admin. We had some tracker issues sometimes but we were noting every DC (lap and where) to avoid that kind of situation. I can understand that it is hard for Matt to run it alone but I'm sorry this not an open door to do bad admin decision. Spdo was fighting for the win, and it was't difficult for someone not racing on lap 28 to see that as I have rejoined few second after my disconnection.

That admin failure costs us points that can be very important at the end of the season as this is pretty close in standings. We were sure to be on the lead lap that's why we were fighting.

@Kristi : I'm not home so I can't join irc atm but I think I understand what's going on.
I see ppl fighthing with their nails and teeths, to climb up in the final results. And also I see the circle spinning, teams that blamed this league before, after they're obligated by the admins, they start to love it. I'm still watching and wondering, till where you will go
Spdo is being so smart at the moment. Shouldn't there be any penalty for having 2 cars on the track at the same time? In that case I think you guys should lay bit down...
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123 : you get the point
Quote from TypeRacing :Spdo is being so smart at the moment. Shouldn't there be any penalty for having 2 cars on the track at the same time? In that case I think you guys should lay bit down...

Oh yea, let's penalize us for having 2 cars on the track for 2 seconds and not even moving from pits. That's smart.
I'm absolutely mind****ed after reading every post. I'm usually not around these days to help out at admin-ing, so the advice I gave to matt was to seek for an experienced admin's help...DeadWolfBones and dekojester are easily the best admins around who could lend the RR team a hand and give them some advice on some things, at least (those are the guys I know from the top of my head).

If you really want to help admin-ing, driving the SC/RC and checking the rulebook for protests and other cases, you know you still have this thread to check out...post an application and say the dates that you're available to appear and help out!

With that said, I thought J@tko and Reno would be on the administration team today...wonder where they went
Quote from vipex123 :Me and the admins do not get on, but instead of just flaming why not advise so this won't happen again? I like the league concept as I have said and I want to improve it. By flaming him what do you want? Do you want change or for the series to close? I really don't understand the motive here.

Okay Morgan I was aware that you were "chief" hehe but Pierre helped out, I'm purely making a case that some people could help out. Maybe not from a single team ( I think this would be best ) so we can avoid any suggestions of corruption of results.

Wasn't pointed lfses because you did ^^ was just an example I'm not flaming admin, just saying that admin should be awared of what's going on. They have made an error that can have costed us position. Now it is over, we finished 4th and we deal with it. We are just pointed it out in order it not happen again.

I have never flamed Matt or LLM, and I have always try to make some usefull suggestion in order to improve this league. It has happened and it is now done and over, just try it not to happen again. (tracker would have helped)
Quote from MoMo92i :According to spdo database spdo finished in leader's lap (28+78=106) so 03 is 4th after counting genR penalty. Anyway it is really confusing to not have tracker in such a race.

Yeah I can say I couldn't ever have believed that 03 was on the same lap with us, I suggest DNF for all timed out cars in next races if there won't be a tracker. Today I thought 03 was being lapped and in a "safe lead" I didn't want to risk and try to overtake him even thought I was much faster than he was with his new tires.
Otherwise it was a very nice race but Toni didn't leave much work for me My stint was mostly careful driving because I thought we were in a safe lead
there will be a tracker next round assuming nothing breaks after we get it working :P
Quote from MonkeyHead :Yeah I can say I couldn't ever have believed that 03 was on the same lap with us, I suggest DNF for all timed out cars in next races if there won't be a tracker. Today I thought 03 was being lapped and in a "safe lead" I didn't want to risk and try to overtake him even thought I was much faster than he was with his new tires.
Otherwise it was a very nice race but Toni didn't leave much work for me My stint was mostly careful driving because I thought we were in a safe lead

That's no problem. As i have already said it isn't your fault at all and it was expected to be like that as tracker didn't work.
we had it "finished" but last minute cramming would have spared us of that
Quote from Senninha25 :I'm absolutely mind****ed after reading every post. I'm usually not around these days to help out at admin-ing, so the advice I gave to matt was to seek for an experienced admin's help...DeadWolfBones and dekojester are easily the best admins around who could lend the RR team a hand and give them some advice on some things, at least (those are the guys I know from the top of my head).

If you really want to help admin-ing, driving the SC/RC and checking the rulebook for protests and other cases, you know you still have this thread to check out...post an application and say the dates that you're available to appear and help out!

With that said, I thought J@tko and Reno would be on the administration team today...wonder where they went

jack told me he would not be around today ahead of time. I had expected someone else to be able to help at start (I msned someone...)
If i may.. sort of conversation where admins worn blue flagged cars to move during the race should be avoided. It was an endu race with lots of discos, not short race where you can see in black and white who is lap down and who is not. That should be left for protests after race if anyone felt damaged.
This way it felt like i was asked to give up positions and also like you gave encouragement to drivers behind to dive me, push me off the track etc. Not cool.
Quote from Billkaza :Why was i kicked?

Quote from Mustangman759 :Kick was for not obeying orange flag (if you did obey it you did not take service) therefor your team was black flagged from the race and DSQed

Sorry, but this isn't the case. kick happend @ 1:42:28 race time and there was no orange flag present for V.Kazantzas.
Quote from kaynd :Sorry, but this isn't the case. kick happend @ 1:42:28 race time and there was no orange flag present for V.Kazantzas.

I was driving at the time just went off what I was told. Ill be going through to double check
http://racetracker.gt3tcc.500servers.net/

Unofficial, and unfortunately I think it counted some drivers inlaps, ill rerun the databases.
***SOME RESULTS ARE INCORRECT***
+1's are to counteract an error in the tracking to the #07 . 09 and 43. It appears to be correct now, for those cars we will check the following cars later.
Quote from kaynd :Sorry, but this isn't the case. kick happend @ 1:42:28 race time and there was no orange flag present for V.Kazantzas.

funny how at that exact time code #20 only used 10% brake until he hit the #35 at a large difference of speed, at that point he jolted the brakes up to 100%. In general I think car 20 had an off day, spinning quite often and i think 4 times during safety car. It might just be best to put it on a shelf and move onto next race
It's funny how you inaccurately point something irrelevant to what I said. Even though that braking was insufficient, it wasn't a steady 10% till the bump, while the speed difference increased rapidly due to sudden heavy braking of the front cars.
I guess it's in your rulebook, having spins that don't cause any damage or cost any time to others, results in insta-kick.

well... of course all this is gone to the shelf now. I just wanted to point out that kick isn't a result of unsportsmanlike behavior or disobedience.
Timeout, pit 4 times, be fourth.

Round 4 Discussion
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG