The online racing simulator
Quote from N I K I :hahahahhaha, average finish 4th. Why couldn't you count the second race as if I finished last for this ballast thing...?

That wouldn't make sense. Then you could easily come to the race, win qualification, finish the first race 1st, not race in the 2nd race and earn lots of points without getting any ballast, meaning, easy win each round against others which may lead to an easy win in the standings. Or you could finish the 2nd race only, meaning you would be able to get 37 points in total without getting ballast. The ballast system would be pointless then.

Joe - I have explained enough, I won't be explaining same thing many times. And I already told you that it was my mistake to not make the rules clear enough, so thanks for pointing that out.
Ok just to clarify for the next round, what average position do I need to get for -13kg?
How many times does it have to be explained?

It is relative to other people's average positions. The spreadsheet explains it perfectly and is quite easy to understand.
I am lost
It says my average position was 11th... And I get only -7kg. If I flip and DNF both races would I finally get my beloved -13kg?
Quote from kart-36 :I am lost
It says my average position was 11th... And I get only -7kg. If I flip and DNF both races would I finally get my beloved -13kg?

Looks like I don't understand that too "Since there are 2 races, your position will be calculated as theoretical average position from both races.
(For example: If you finish 1st in sprint race and 5th in feature race, your position = 3rd = +15kg added for
the next round. If there are more than 1 driver with the same “average” position, both of them will get the
same ballast etc.)"
Mine is 3rd - i have 20kg for next round. So there are like 5kg added everywhere?
No he takes the average finish of everyone per round.

Ivanov: You had 2nd best average finish for round 3, so round 4 you get the 2nd highest additional kg, which is +20.

Joe: You averaged 11th, but that is the 10th best average finish for round 3, therefore you get the deduction for 10th.

Understand now? Just look at the ballast spreadsheet, it is pretty easy to read. He averages everyones position and adds/deducts ballast from your average position relative to other's average position.

I'm going to bed now, near 4am, don't want to confuse you more.
Quote from andRo. :That wouldn't make sense. Then you could easily come to the race, win qualification, finish the first race 1st, not race in the 2nd race and earn lots of points without getting any ballast, meaning, easy win each round against others which may lead to an easy win in the standings. Or you could finish the 2nd race only, meaning you would be able to get 37 points in total without getting ballast. The ballast system would be pointless then.

Makes no sense. 2nd race earns a lot more points! I'd just liked to known this before. I assumed that you treat that kind of situation, just as if someone missed the round. Anyway, do what you gotta do, it's open layout round, so I'm not racing anyway.
-
(IsaacPrice) DELETED by IsaacPrice : nvm, fat american explained it better
Quote from N I K I :Makes no sense. 2nd race earns a lot more points! I'd just liked to known this before. I assumed that you treat that kind of situation, just as if someone missed the round. Anyway, do what you gotta do, it's open layout round, so I'm not racing anyway.

I know that 2nd race earns more, but if it was allowed the way you were saying, you could also come to the first race, crash on purpose and spectate, then start 2nd race and finish in good position. That was my point.
Anyway, I understand why you are confused, at first I also thought I would be doing the way you asked, assuming that if you don't finish you would be considered as finishing last, but after I checked it out, I understood that it could make an unfair advantage over other drivers in future if someone would have noticed it, so yeah...

It's impossible to write every rule correctly and fully for the first season when nothing has been tested yet, especially when there is ballast system etc. But like I said in the beginning of the season, this will be more like a "test" season, where these mistakes will be corrected/added a long the season etc. So that in future we wouldn't have to deal with these problems anymore. Of course I apologize if I made it "unfair" or something against someone, but its only possible to realize some things when you have to deal with them - I wouldn't have guessed before the season half of these things, so that's the reason why the rule book is not complete.
Quote from andRo. :I know that 2nd race earns more, but if it was allowed the way you were saying, you could also come to the first race, crash on purpose and spectate, then start 2nd race and finish in good position. That was my point.
Anyway, I understand why you are confused, at first I also thought I would be doing the way you asked, assuming that if you don't finish you would be considered as finishing last, but after I checked it out, I understood that it could make an unfair advantage over other drivers in future if someone would have noticed it, so yeah...

Umm, do you really want it like this? You prefer that people drive slowly for the second race, rather than crash out and spec?
Perhaps it could be argued that if someone has the patience to drive slowly for the full race duration, then they deserve to have their handicap reduced by a lot...

Anyway, while I don't have a brand-new recipe for a superdooper handicap system for you, I will say this: I think a points & handicapping system within which it is truly advantageous for a driver to deliberately fail (crash/drive slowly/skip a race) is broken...

(Yeah, and clearly this whole issue is never going to affect me personally :razz
Quote from andRo. :I know that 2nd race earns more, but if it was allowed the way you were saying, you could also come to the first race, crash on purpose and spectate, then start 2nd race and finish in good position. That was my point.

Why did you choose average position instead of earned points of the round?
Well, one guy suggested I should do that and it seemed quite logical at that point, but it doesn't anymore due to the fact that the point system is different for each race. It is too late to change that now, earliest when that will be changed is next season.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG