The online racing simulator
#1 - bozo
Round 5, Westhill International
The penultimate round is coming up on Thursday. I hear that it should be a fine day, with a light wind. That's the forecast .

Danowat is enjoying himself in a sunnier place this week, so I'll be sending out the email with server details on Thursday. We've had a lot of close and clean racing so far in the league, so I'm hoping that we'll have a good turnout.

I am again struggling to get a set-up that suits the car and my driving ... perhaps my eternal struggle for competitive laptimes should be telling me something about my driving ability . Or maybe I'm sand-bagging until the final round .

Enjoy!
#2 - P1lot
I raced pretty terrible last night. It started off good with a decent qualifying session, but I made lots of mistakes. Touching the grass spelled trouble for the tyres, from then on they remained overheated. Didn't get the chicane right at all.

Pity about the low turnout
#3 - Vain
I had a good race. Lost nearly a second in quali and started from second-last position. In the race I had the policy of "wait and see" which turned out very well. With this I managed to stay just a bit behind the field but could keep rather cool tyres so I had lots of grip and managed to consistantly pull times near my pb. That way I caught up to NukeLane who seemed to have problems with his rear tyres. We had a nice fight for some laps which he lost when he drifted through the long left-hander after the first split. With the cold tyres and no one in front of me I managed to reduce my pb by 0.6 seconds. All in all a very enjoyable race in the end.
I propose some shots of me and NukeLane for the galery.

Vain
#4 - bozo
Quote from Vain :I propose some shots of me and NukeLane for the galery.

Vain

I got lots of screenshots into the gallery last night, and sent it off to Dan. Not sure exactly when he's back, but I should get a chance to add a few shots before the gallery gets loaded onto the website (ie I didn't get any shots of your battle with NukeLane first time round Vain - although I did watch your moves up from 8th to 7th, and then 6th ).

I struggled massively in the race due to a lack of practice, thanks to work and tiredness . I managed 1 hour of practice just prior to the race though, and somehow beat my pb by 2 seconds in qualifying (but I was still 2 seconds off the pace of the next driver!).

I've achieved one of my season's objectives now though - to finish a race in the top 10 . My objective for the last race will be not to finish last ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG