The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 400 Pole Qualifying Day Discussion Thread
Looking for a partner in the duel races? Looking for advice, race discussion, or just want to hype up the event? All of this discussion may be done here

Pole Qualifying Day begnis Saturday, February 18th at 15:00 GMT with single car runs.

Qualifying begins at 15:00 GMT
Duel Race #1 begins at 16:10 GMT
Duel Race #2 begins at 17:30 GMT

Full Livestream Coverage: www.livestream.com/realisticnascar
What is a duel race?
Quote from Jettascuba :What is a duel race?

It's a race which has half of the field in it (odd qualifiers in the first race, even in the second race). The starting order for these races are determined directly from qualifying and the finishing order of the duel races determines which row (side of the grid won't change after qualifying) that participants will start in.

The pole sitters for each race (1st and 2nd in qualifying) will automatically start on the front row on Race Day and the winner of their duel race will start directly behind them. Second place will start behind the winner of the race.. ect.

If a pole sitter wins a race obviously the second place finisher will start directly behind the front row.

How this is done in real life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatorade_Duel
Qualifying Day Kicks off in 9 min.
Was a good duel for me! The 1st try to start was very lucky - car in front went right and caused mass crash,while I was the only to run away cleanly. In the restart I together with Bertil Holmberg managed to run away from the rest,was quite good work together as we pulled away from the rest to 7 seconds margin until Bertil made a little mistake with some 20 laps to go,I saw my chance to run away from him,as the pack behind didn't really worked well,as their laps wasn't fast enough. But then there was a crash and all my gap was lost,but also in restart we together with Bertil managed to run away to have our duel for win - had a good draft after turn 3 and I went around him to take win in this!

I hope the main race will be atleast as good!
:sadbanana :doh: :banghead:
Next will use 4 % fuel in quali
Very competitive race.I am little bit disappointed that i am last but shit happens in racing.Nice racing guys
Thanx Corny for letting me in the race due to not being in the Q session (wife decided we should be social and attending a dinner party
I be on the last row at the race start for sure, no matter what wife has planned
4th in Duel Race 2 after barely scrapping into quali. Nice.

Just need a setup now.
Quote from Eclipsed :Was a good duel for me! The 1st try to start was very lucky - car in front went right and caused mass crash,while I was the only to run away cleanly. In the restart I together with Bertil Holmberg managed to run away from the rest,was quite good work together as we pulled away from the rest to 7 seconds margin until Bertil made a little mistake with some 20 laps to go,I saw my chance to run away from him,as the pack behind didn't really worked well,as their laps wasn't fast enough. But then there was a crash and all my gap was lost,but also in restart we together with Bertil managed to run away to have our duel for win - had a good draft after turn 3 and I went around him to take win in this!

I hope the main race will be atleast as good!

Was a great race. Thanks for that great cooperation we made, worked like a charm. I was lucky with that crash when 20 to go so I was able to catch you again ... ... you seem to have the faster car.

I learned something tonight about how to finish the race too ...

Cya all next weekend ...

2012 Kyoto 400 Pole Qualifying Day Discussion Thread
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG