The online racing simulator
STD Championship 2012 - Round 2 (Protests)
You can post your protests 48H after the race ended.

Include this in your protest:

Quote :Session/lap/time:
Car numbers (of the involved cars):
Description of the incident:

Replays - DOWNLOAD
Session/lap/time: Sprint Race/4th lap/7:50.00
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 33 and 67
Description of the incident: Car #67 tapped me on the side of rear bumper, Car #33 spun, despite of braking, Car #67 pushed Car #33 to the wall. Damage for Car #33 and loss of positions(Car #33 had to wait utill whole grid went though and then join).
Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 0:56
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 117, 63
Description of the incident:63 dives for the inside line, touches and makes me spin losing many positions.
Session/lap/time: Race 2, Lap 1, 51sec+
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 36 (J.Holmes), 54 (M.Meriluoto)
Description of the incident: Coming into Turn 2 I go for a move on Mikko, i then back out of it as i see he just ignores me. I get a better exit and get ahead... Mikko then rams me up the rear and goes for move which is quite obviously just some rage against my earlier attempt of an overtake. He then actually cuts over the tyres and pushes me off the track costing me like 3seconds and losing about 3 places.

Session/lap/time: Race 2, Lap 2, 3:15:00
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 36 (J.Holmes), 99 (I.Price)
Description of the incident: Isaac runs wide and hits the wall, I go for a cut back and for some unknown reason he finds it necessary to just turn into the side of me and what looks like an attempt to spin me.
Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 0:53
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 36, 54
Description of the incident: 36 dives 54 and uses 54 as brakes to make the corner.

Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 1:48
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 52, 54
Description of the incident: 52 goes for a gap that's been filled by 99 and doesn't realise that, then hit's 99 and after that hits me, rams me and puts me almost sideways. After that he doesn't even lift off but rather keeps full throttle and just uses me even more to make the corner and goes wide. After that he rejoins the track from gravel with grass on his tyres, hits me first on entry, then on exit slides because of the grass on his tyres which leads to me being pushed off the road.
Quote from reigga :Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 0:53
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 36, 54
Description of the incident: 36 dives 54 and uses 54 as brakes to make the corner.

If you would even consider looking at the replay what you would find is this...

Correct me if im wrong but you leave me room and then close the door, so i slam on the brakes and you run wide, not my problem if I get past you and then you decide its time to cut track and hit me.
Attached images
Problem.jpg
Quote from kart-36 :Correct me if im wrong but you leave me room and then close the door, so i slam on the brakes and you run wide, not my problem if I get past you and then you decide its time to cut track and hit me.

Joe son you're missing the point of this now. The reason I run wide is you divebombing me, using me as ur brakes, hitting me, then passing me.
Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 0:38
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 36, 99, 91
Description of the incident: 99 is overtaking 91 into t1, they make contact in the middle of the corner causing 99 to have a slowish exit. 36 proceeds to run 99 out of road on the exit of the corner and cause contact between the 2 cars causing 99 to lose 2 positions.

Session/lap/time: Sprint race, lap 1, 1:02
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 36, 99,
Description of the incident: 99 runs wide and pushes 36 to the inside of the road, however 36 intentionally(see quote below) doesnt leave 99 enough room and forces him onto the grass as proven in this quote:

Quote from kart-36 :
Now this second one is great, you move over on me having run wide. And giving me the worst possible entry to this turn you then expect that I will give the 10cm of you nose room on the outside of a turn? I had right of line, and if you honestly think I would even consider giving you room for such a small part of your car you must think again.

Im finding it very hard to see this... You leaver room then close the door, I SLIGHTLY tap you. The reason you ran wide is because you saw me coming, go in too fast and that's all. You can see that more than clearly in the replay.
Are you an admin? your opinion isn't wanted so keep it to yourself.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 0:38
Description of the incident: 99 is overtaking 91 into t1, they make contact in the middle of the corner causing 99 to have a slowish exit. 36 proceeds to run 99 out of road on the exit of the corner.

Description of the incident: 99 runs wide and pushes 36 to the inside of the road, however 36 fails to fully take into account where they are into the track and doesn't leave enough space for 99 and pushes him onto the grass and into the wall.

Here we go
First one is your fault, I just took advantage of your bad exit, had a little contact with Karolis so had some slide, your coming back from running wide and we make contact, it cost you nothing and actually gave me damage.

Now this second one is great, you move over on me having run wide. And giving me the worst possible entry to this turn you then expect that I will give the 10cm of you nose room on the outside of a turn? I had right of line, and if you honestly think I would even consider giving you room for such a small part of your car you must think again. If you had any sence of race craft you would back off and get me after the next turn since I was positioned so badly. Don't try and blame me for the lack of knowledge you have regarding defending. Swap the situation around and you would have done/said the same.
Just like the previous round protests I am more than entitled to appeal/share my views/opinions. Now if you mean you don't want to hear it then that's a totally different thing, thanks.
Great job guys, you're doing well
Quote from TypeRacing :Session/lap/time: Sprint Race/4th lap/7:50.00
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 33 and 67
Description of the incident: Car #67 tapped me on the side of rear bumper, Car #33 spun, despite of braking, Car #67 pushed Car #33 to the wall. Damage for Car #33 and loss of positions(Car #33 had to wait utill whole grid went though and then join).

... okey champion...you close me, I´m not a soothsayer...

Incredible.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Session/lap/time: Feature race, lap 1, 0:38
Description of the incident: 99 is overtaking 91 into t1, they make contact in the middle of the corner causing 99 to have a slowish exit. 36 proceeds to run 99 out of road on the exit of the corner and cause contact between the 2 cars causing 99 to lose 2 positions.

Description of the incident: 99 runs wide and pushes 36 to the inside of the road, however 36 intentionally doesnt leave 99 enough room and forces him onto the grass as proven in this quote:

Updated protest.
This is exactly why I've skipped this round.
Well, you are allowed to share your opinion about protests since your opinion sometimes helps me to decide the final decision etc., but don't get too serious about these things, this is not a place to start flame war on each other. If you signed up for this league, you should have understood that these cars are slow, everyone is very competitive, meaning - close racing and incidents here and there especially on such a narrow track like Fern Bay. I think the biggest problem with the some of the top drivers in the league (don't take this personal - just my useless opinion) is that you don't respect each other, so it results in you being more aggressive against each other in the race, that's why you have more incidents than the slower drivers. At least that's what I've noticed.
There was really nice fight between an XRG and XFG (A.Loginov if I'm correct), don't remember the XRG driver - it was clearly seen that they respect each other, they give space, they understand when to let go off gas etc., so their fight was very intense, close and without even scratching their cars they were overtaking back and forth each other in each turn going side by side. And this is just one example, because there were plenty of fights like this, but this one was very watchable for many laps.
I know that top drivers are fighting for higher positions, so that makes it more intense etc. and you don't want to give up, but if you would just give a little more respect to the drivers around you (even if you hate them), then I think there would be a totally different racing throughout the race.

Anyway, this said I didn't mean there were incidents in each turn. As for me, I saw very few incidents, but some of them were useless, this is why I think most of the incidents occur at first place, other than that there were great fights and very, very close racing. I enjoyed watching it, I am happy that there was a full grid once again, so I hope to see you guys in next round also.
Ye, everyone on the track should calm down and take it easy, but not act like an idiots (some of you).
Isaac I didn't intentionally run wide, but I would have never been able to leave you room either way. It was your first move that put me in the bad place, and yet you was still derpsistant with the move and took it at your own risk. I didn't have to lift off, and nor should I. Like I said earlier, if you want to keep thr smallest part of your car on the outside thats fine but it's at your own risk. When do you see f1 drivers leave room for a tiny part of there nose? BTCC/WTCC shows the set examples of these.

So in short you started the move but thought about poorly and went about the driving side of it poorly too.
I find its like this. If you give him a car width he takes 2, if you give him 2 he takes 3. You either get pushed out of the way, or you give him so much space that overtaking is easy. Either people are going to have to change the way they race in this league to combat it, or the admins have to act. I admit I increased the chances of what happened happening by where I put Joe on the track in the race 1 incident, but that doesn't give him the right to push me off the road. I never gave him so little space that making the corner was impossible, even a small lift would have been enough for 2 cars to make it side by side through there. I personally dont think that he was enough ahead for him to own the corner, as I would have the inside again for the next corner I feel I had the right to not give up on the position there.

Basically either admins need to draw a line and show that some of the needless contacts in this race are not acceptable or this season will turn into a wreck fest as the precedent has been set.

@ Joe, since when do you see F1 drivers pushing each other off in flatout corners?
XRG isn´t like F1. Nuff said
Cleary its not the same, but its a similar situation, never in F1 or any other form of Motorsport for that matter will you see them giving each other room for like 10cm of their nose, they actually use some race craft and think about the moves and plan for the next turn... You appeared to do that until you decided to try and stick it around the outside with the 10cm of your nose, anyway... Andro can decide this, of course i see your point of view but from a racing aspect and the situation you created (by moving over in the first place) i did the best i could with what i was given.
I had a nice laugh reading this

STD Championship 2012 - Round 2 (Protests)
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG