The online racing simulator
Wow that was one legendary race. During the race I only managed to sleep for 2 hours not because i didn't have time but because i couldn't sleep being on the edge whole time during the race.
First i want to congratulate my spdo gt2 crew Morgan and Kristi. What an awesome job they done sleeping so little and racing so consistently fast in 1st and 24th hour of the race. Most of the race all three of us were on ts, so we had 2 backup drivers instead of one and with that much passion and dedication its not hard to have almost flawless race.
Now about the aliens. Our gt1 car won the race in our eyes. They managed to fight for 1st place even though the drove with engine damage second half of the race and at the end took 2nd place even lapping the Lions. Great job guys, especially Marc with his great return too the lfs
Speaking of the aliens special honors goes to my3id gt2 team. They were class of its own, it was like gt1 class, my3id gt2 car, then gt2 class. Fantastic performance guys! Congratulations also to my3id gt1 car, great job guys, well deserved win
Organization was fantastic, congratz to Ben and the other admins for managing to get together 105% of current lfs quality in such an awesome event
So i learned something in MoE this year.. next time someone calls me an alien i will laugh even harder :huepfenic
C y'all next year
Quote from PMD9409 :And the battle of YouTube uploading begins!
Will update this post as they come in. Hopefully the 720p gets processed and added quickly.

Tnx Phill, i will enjoy watching replays during the next month and making the dvd collection of moe replays
Grats to all that finished. Well done to Cargame for finiding the motivation to carry on

also i may add

@Sean's pic: Ben always tries to cheat and make sure CoRe wins, for example this time CoRey, notice how Ben praises him in his post.

Joke joke. Anyways got up to part 3 uploaded but going to bed while the other 4 process. Nighty night.
@work today, I am pretty tired indeed, thanks for some nice racing guys!!
Quote from Dennis93 :@work today, I am pretty tired indeed, thanks for some nice racing guys!!

i went to sleep 1h after the race, woke up at 7am. i think its gone well
Quote from xtraction :i went to sleep 1h after the race, woke up at 7am. i think its gone well

About the same here, even though i had some stuff to write after the race so i fell asleep at like 8pm-ish.
could probably do with 1-2h more but ive got work at 2pm and stuff needs doing
i need a day..
It was a great event, even though I didn't had a chance to drive myself. Everything felt together for us with a win in both classes as a result.

A big thumbs up for all the organizers, admins and commentators who provided a continued broadcast, reliable server and a well managed event.

Somehow I'm still amazed that we didn't had any connection issues except for Tomek who had some very high lag-spikes around the 18 hour mark, which forced us to make an early driver change which costed us an extra pit-stop for the GT1 team in the end. But I'm glad that didn't affect any outcome of the race.

Tbh I'm not sure if there has to be any more MoE rounds this year, just because it won't be the same probably But I'm sure we'll be there for next year... hopefully driving myself.
Quote from zeromussov :

'snip
'

Tbh I'm not sure if there has to be any more MoE rounds this year, just because it won't be the same probably But I'm sure we'll be there for next year... hopefully driving myself.

I would agree on everything you said except, i think it would be good for maybe a 16h Race, mid-way through the year (maybe towards the end).

As for the next 24h, i think it might be time for a track change, on the stream BL1r was mentioned, now that would be really fun. Busy track, a test of concentration.
... And please make it a single class event instead!!

make something useless like IGTC with 2 classes instead.
Quote from Dennis93 :... And please make it a single class event instead!!

My preference would be GT1's. All cars in one class would create more position changes throughout the field, and more of a chance to fight back from mid-pack to the top. It would also save 20 GT2's to the 10 GT1's (maybe slight exaggeration)
Quote from xtraction :My preference would be GT1's. All cars in one class would create more position changes throughout the field, and more of a chance to fight back from mid-pack to the top. It would also save 20 GT2's to the 10 GT1's (maybe slight exaggeration)

true, then make something equal with GT2's aswell. like the GT2WS had a one off event 24h with more drivers and stuff.
How can you write that shit? MoE 24h not on as5, single class? REALLY?
Hehe Dennis you were driving like a monster, the first time you blasted past me was at the the final chicane. Problem was I was still learning that last bit, sorry as I did go slow and held you up a bit, You then beeped me and I thought I had pissed you off lol.

Each time you came to lap me after I tried to make sure I got out of your way, you pretty much scared me off the road
Quote from adamlfs :Hehe Dennis you were driving like a monster, the first time you blasted past me was at the the final chicane. Problem was I was still learning that last bit, sorry as I did go slow and held you up a bit, You then beeped me and I thought I had pissed you off lol.

Each time you came to lap me after I tried to make sure I got out of your way, you pretty much scared me off the road

aa no, i never beep when I'm pissed off I think it was more of a greeting, as i did to most of the GT2 teams who was nice, had a little strobe for them

@ Fadeaway, well obviously never change tracks, but the GT2's are kindof Dull and can be a pain in the butt, same goes for GT1 obviously.
Quote from bash0r :vote for 12 hours of kyoto as next "single-event" coming up!!!!!

come on

+1
Would be awesome to see a 12-hour event aswell though, skip the rest

Quote from fadeaway :...even lapping the Lions...

Afaik your GT1 actually never lapped us as we were between 3id and your car on track, not that it matters but Considering double front puncture, 30 second SG and a timeout, 3rd was the best we could get.
No. Blackwood is not a proper track for 24h race. That's for sure. What I don't like, that over the time there is gettin' more gt2... c'mon.. we should keep a balance between gt1 and gt2... I would even add some slots for gt1. If you think that would cost lesser action on the track - you are wrong. The action between gt1 was during all this event. Just let better drivers to drive gt1 who can handle it and there would good race out there as it is in gt2 class. I would prefer Kyoto Long GP or stay on Aston Grand Prix long courses. It's the best tracks for such an event.
Quote from fadeaway :How can you write that shit? MoE 24h not on as5, single class? REALLY?

MoE used to be Single class
Quote from CSF :Quite an interesting race from start to finish. The start was good fun, I have missed working with Wilko (sometimes!) and it was good fun for the first few hours. I have to commend Fuse and Phil for keeping it up throughout the night, it reminded me of a chat show, and they did a good job in the dead hours to keep it entertaining.

Driving wise, well, for Synergy, this went from: YAY...****inghell...oh **** off... meh... oh well P3. 3id were always going to be too strong in the end, but we had some rather random pieces of luck, but them be the way the cookie crumbles. Driving from 4.30am was always going to be fun for me, but the car I took off the almighty Isaac didn't brake. Or accelerate. And it wore its rear tyres. And it oversteered like a bucket. I thought I gave the car engine damage, as I didn't think there was anyway the car could be so slow other than that. However I now suspect the front end was touching the ground which just killed it. As soon as we fixed it for my 4th hour, it was fine again and the pace improved.

I enjoyed my 3 hours in the hell car. Tommy managed to fall asleep WITH his headphones on his head, and despite me screaming for about 30 minutes for him to wake up, he didn't come around for 5 hours... Anyone who's driven a race with me knows I just talk and talk throughout the stint, so to go for so long with no one around was torture for me. I got my revenge on everyone by giving them a nice rendition of "I like horses they are my friends" on a continuous basis in the last two hours... I think Isaac was about to commit suicide at one point!

Anyway, that was good fun, although I can't be arsed to do the driving thing again. It hurts too much. Grats to everyone that finished, and thanks to Ben for the organization of this again.

Sorry!! Was so tired after working long days all week

Grats to 3id, spdo and the rest, and thanks for the organizers. I am quite amazed by all the viewers the stream had!
Quote from Dennis93 :... And please make it a single class event instead!!

make something useless like IGTC with 2 classes instead.

definitely not
rather make IGTC single class instead
keep the endu multiclass

also congrats to Nikos Koudurakis on his new PB(s)
:F
Really thanks to the MoE Staff for the perfect organization of the entire event. Really thank u.

We was really honored to race with all these fair, clean and fast sim driver and i hope that in future we can repeat this beautiful experience.
I'm sorry if during race i touch some other car (especially the Spdo GT2) but that was involuntary.

For mine team mate Davide Spada (drum_76) and Daniele Pizzo (elijo67) this race was the first official race in LFS and they become in LFS one month ago so.

For me was a return after one year of absence and i hope to particepate in some LFS endurance race in future.
And grats to all the aliens of the 3id GT1 and GT2 for the victory in booth class !

Masters of Endurance - 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix - 2012: Race Discussion/Broadcast
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG