The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :Not talking about the rules but the alien pace in general and being in the back all the time isn't really motivating at some point. They tried to handle blue flag situations as best as possible, thats all I wanted to say about this.

Alien pace? Where? I only saw my3id having alien pace at certain times but then it was really tough. That is the reason they won the race probably

Gratz to everyone finishing.
So that was entertaining
commentating for 5-6 hours
definitely a new experience :P
sorry for the quality of commentary during the night/early morning
Quote from Fuse5 :

This - sorry if you heard my swearwords and other bs.
Anyone having link to the last part of the broadcast? I'd like to watch the last 1 or 3 hours of the broadcast but the only links on the www.livestream.com/iracingdwc is either to the one video which has 7 hours to go or just the static screen with the moe banner that is live right now...

I do not want to know the results which makes it kind of hard to google this
Gotta say thanks for Fuse for asking me to come back to LFS to help Concept out.

Having not played LFS for over 6 months I was stilling learning the feel for the car during the stints :P 6 hours later i've still not slept since Friday/Saturday Morning, only caught a Leucat*nap* for 1 hour. :P

But have to say I loved every second in the car. Even if we didn't really battle with anyone and lost a lot of time due to mistakes or bad luck, it was still a brilliant event as always.

Massive thanks to all the admin and an even bigger thanks to the commentators for some really good commentary and some good laughs.
Quote from Fuse5 :

I think that was the part of the day where commentary was at its best. Bawbag was hilarious from the point that he started speaking on stream
Quote from Fuse5 : ... sorry for the quality of commentary during the night/early morning

he he, was not racing but sure had some laughs before going to bed around 02:00 CET ... I remember u were more concerned about "having a cup of tea" than the race then
Still wonder if it was only tea in those cups ...
It was actually me talking about the Tea.
But yea.
Quote from Hyperactive :Anyone having link to the last part of the broadcast? I'd like to watch the last 1 or 3 hours of the broadcast but the only links on the www.livestream.com/iracingdwc is either to the one video which has 7 hours to go or just the static screen with the moe banner that is live right now...

I do not want to know the results which makes it kind of hard to google this

Hmm, it should normally appear there automatically, let's hope Phil actually recorded it!
Driving for the cargame.nl team was a whole new experience. And even I remember I was in the way of two GT1's and some other too close for comfort situations I had fun. And that was the main reason I wanted too join.

So thanks to everyone who made it possible and hope we meet again
Thanks for the good racing everybody, start was fun then everything kinda went tits up. Was very frustrating in the middle of the race and I think we all thought about giving up but we kept going and took a podium which is really like a victory when you look at all the bad luck we had this race. Shame it happens now in such a competitive race, was really fun to see Hugo, Jesse, Ray and Marc back for 1 last race. Good job 3id, was always likely that you'd win both classes but in GT2 atleast it was very impressive and all the prac payed off, gratz
I'm also very interested in the last part of the broadcast.
Quote from Skagen :Are there any more streams than these four: http://www.livestream.com/iracingdwc/folder ?

If so, where can I find them?

Yeah, actually looking at the videos there are several videos missing. Maybe they have not just remembered to make the active or something.

Just half of the event videos are missing
I should congratulate this event, 'cos this year been made more laps during 24h comparing with previous years: this year gt1 made 534 laps (previous year 528 laps), gt2 made 509 laps (previous year 502)
Thank You Team, Admins, Racers, Commentators. It was really nice event and I enjoyed it. Good to see some top racers passing and to race at unusual times with unusual psychic conditions.
Unfortunately my team - czechlfs.net could be like 2 laps better 1-2 positions if I didnt lost connections 3 times. We had not much luck in technical aspect.
Was a great race for 3id, I can only really comment on the gt2 side though :P
The start was always gonna be hard to hold onto P1 and jack did a great job and if it wasn't for krasi's little weave under braking into t2 we could have maybe held it. Despite this once we hit the front we never looked back and did a pretty faultless race with all our team hitting the 46's. Great effort from all the other teams, raptor was on for a great finish but after LLL collected them they lost too much time.
Also we did more laps than team Sirius did back in 09 with the 20% FZR, they did 508 and us 509

Hope to see this again was great fun and awesome to see the likes of marcg, bawbag, Jesse and Hugo never mind to drive with two of them :o
did we really made that more laps than last year? :o

EDIT : last year spdo GT2 won GT2 class with 506 laps completed. btw GT1 were 450bhp last year so much slower
Don't fear the Livestream recordings that are not there. Everything was saved onto my PC (My HDD hates me right now). My ISP still hasn't shut me down so time to start uploading the race onto YouTube.

Would like to thank EVERYONE who took part in the commentary (real one, guest, interviews, etc). Wilko, CSF, Oscar, Dom, Boothy, Deko, Ben, Pecker, Fuse, Dennis, Scott, Ray, Jack, Flame, Simon, Joe, Troy, Niall, Marius, and everyone else.

The stream is in 8 parts. I am going to upload parts 1 and 8 first, and then do 2,3,4, etc after. I will link to them as they upload. Thanks for tuning in all.
lots of fun was had ^_____^
both on and off track

see you at the 2013 24h race, if not earlier!
#98 - CSF
Quite an interesting race from start to finish. The start was good fun, I have missed working with Wilko (sometimes!) and it was good fun for the first few hours. I have to commend Fuse and Phil for keeping it up throughout the night, it reminded me of a chat show, and they did a good job in the dead hours to keep it entertaining.

Driving wise, well, for Synergy, this went from: YAY...****inghell...oh **** off... meh... oh well P3. 3id were always going to be too strong in the end, but we had some rather random pieces of luck, but them be the way the cookie crumbles. Driving from 4.30am was always going to be fun for me, but the car I took off the almighty Isaac didn't brake. Or accelerate. And it wore its rear tyres. And it oversteered like a bucket. I thought I gave the car engine damage, as I didn't think there was anyway the car could be so slow other than that. However I now suspect the front end was touching the ground which just killed it. As soon as we fixed it for my 4th hour, it was fine again and the pace improved.

I enjoyed my 3 hours in the hell car. Tommy managed to fall asleep WITH his headphones on his head, and despite me screaming for about 30 minutes for him to wake up, he didn't come around for 5 hours... Anyone who's driven a race with me knows I just talk and talk throughout the stint, so to go for so long with no one around was torture for me. I got my revenge on everyone by giving them a nice rendition of "I like horses they are my friends" on a continuous basis in the last two hours... I think Isaac was about to commit suicide at one point!

Anyway, that was good fun, although I can't be arsed to do the driving thing again. It hurts too much. Grats to everyone that finished, and thanks to Ben for the organization of this again.
And the battle of YouTube uploading begins!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8

Will update this post as they come in. Hopefully the 720p gets processed and added quickly.

Edit: All added and now support 720p!
First of all, I want to give a lot of credit to the other guys on the admin side--Boothy, Phil, Deko, and Pecker--for getting this race done in a professional manner. It's always a big undertaking, and though we hit some snags with the tracker and so on, the race was never in doubt and everything went pretty much according to plan.

I'd also like to thank Fuse for doing some very nice media work for us without even being asked. Great stuff, dude.

Thanks to everyone who watched the broadcast. It was very exciting to see those kind of viewership numbers throughout the entire race. Maybe LFS isn't dead after all.

On the CoRe side I'd like to give a big shoutout to all of our drivers who put in a serious effort to get both cars to the finish. Corey, thanks for always being available to drive, and always jumping in after our timeouts (all four of them). The GT1 car never could have finished without you. Teemu, thanks for sticking around for that last stint. You really didn't have to, but I was glad to see that dedication. Andre, luck wasn't with you last night, but you never gave up and that's great to see. Pedro and Luis--fantastic driving from you guys with no real mistakes or problems. Awesome.

The whole GT2 squad did a fantastic job, with a ton of preparation and very consistent driving. I'd like to give serious thanks to Joonas Koskinen and Laurynas Matonis for filling in for us, with Joonas sticking around throughout the entire race as a last-minute recruit. It wasn't always easy driving with a damaged car, but we got it home in one piece with no timeouts, no shift-p's, and no major mistakes. That's something to build on.

Thanks to everyone who participated and we'll see you on the track next January, at the very least!

Masters of Endurance - 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix - 2012: Race Discussion/Broadcast
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG