The online racing simulator
Word for the racers from organizers
Hello racers,

Maybe you haven’t noticed, but there have been a conflict going on between Baltic Cup organizers lately, where small problems led to a huge one. It had to stop now or it would get out of control. We decided to talk it through between all the organizers, to see what have we done wrong and what should be changed. We spoke and understood that all three of us made a mistake. Even if we are organizers, we are still humans and at a bad day, when nerves get overheated, anyone can explode. Sorry for the late results of Round 5, these will be out for tomorrow definitely.

And now…What are we going to do? We have decided to correct our previous mistakes, so that they don’t reflect in the future. After re-discussing things, we decided to give a penalty to Lithuanian driver K.Kliaudaitis (to whom we first didn’t give) for round 5 for cutting a pit exit line. Also we give a penalty to Estonian driver, J.Lavrikov, for round 4, also for cutting a pit exit line.
This is also the first and last time when we change the final results, but it had to be done to put things in the right place and so that it wouldn’t cause any trouble in future. We apologize for the caused trouble and see you on track on Thursday!

If we (organizers) were able to forgive each other for getting out of control and reunite to keep doing our job, we hope that you (racers) will be able to forgive us and keep competing in this league with a huge interest and keep having fun.

Best regards,
Andris Pavars, Reno Kööts and Laurynas Matonis
I think, i'm not attending this league anymore... well played
#3 - Fuse5
wait, what the **** happened?

also wut, applying penalties retroactively?
Quote from Karolis[Lt] :I think, i'm not attending this league anymore... well played

What do you mean under "well played"?
#5 - Fuse5
hahaha karolis
what up
you knew the rules

sloppy adminning is what at first saved you from the penalty, is that what you'd really want though?

Gain the advantage on the race track, not off it
Quote from Karolis[Lt] :I think, i'm not attending this league anymore... well played

Sorry to hear that, but you do understand that if we hadn't given you and the Estonian driver penalties now (where you had actually deserved them) it would reflect in the future. Each round, there would be someone saying that once we messed up and didn't give penalties, so why should we do it now and so on. These penalties was one of the reason everything went wrong, there had to be something done.
I don't think it's a reason to quit participating in a league, but of course, it's your own choice.

Quote from Fuse5 :wait, what the **** happened?

also wut, applying penalties retroactively?

Well, there was a mess in organizing, mostly between organizers lately, it was totally out of control and it was close for Baltic Cup to end. But we solved the problems between us today, so you shouldn't worry about anything.
And penalties were deserved/should have been there before, so we are not applying them randomly. We are just fixing our previous mistakes.

If you guys can't understand that we are trying to change to make a better league for you, it's your problem. Nobody is holding you to race in this league. We are trying to make it as fun and as fair as possible, but there are always arguments about many things, mostly useless and stupid stuff. You either race and have fun, or you don't race and keep quiet.
I doubt you would find another 3 organizers for this league, who are as motivated, experienced and willing to organize this league as us. We spend a lot of our free time on this league, we could also not give a sh*t about it, but you could imagine what would happen then, well, nothing would happen. The league wouldn't even probably be running.

And please, at least, for once in BC season, don't argue in this thread - not organizers and not league participants. Listen to this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCtkw7sD9wE
First, i get a warning in pm, i apologize and tell it won't happen again, because from my point of view (in car), i didn't see i cut and didn't realise until i watched replay after pm i got. *No time gained in this.* Second, it was clearly written "no penalties for round 5" and official race results announced. If you're doing such reforms, start doing them from the following round, but not like now. My thoughts for "well played".
#8 - Fuse5
yeah, i already got the rundown on the events.

i cannot understand you getting all defensive about it though.
Just learn from the mistakes youve made, its not like you guys have run leagues for years and in huge numbers, just limit the damage and go on.

This
Quote :If you guys can't understand that we are trying to change to make a better league for you, it's your problem. Nobody is holding you to race in this league. We are trying to make it as fun and as fair as possible, but there are always arguments about many things, mostly useless and stupid stuff. You either race and have fun, or you don't race and keep quiet.
I doubt you would find another 3 organizers for this league, who are as motivated, experienced and willing to organize this league as us. We spend a lot of our free time on this league, we could also not give a sh*t about it, but you could imagine what would happen then, well, nothing would happen. The league wouldn't even probably be running.

however is not the right way to go about.

Just relax and keep going. The league still has plenty of active people, who are all having fun (otherwise you wouldnt be seeing such attendance numbers)
Quote from Fuse5 :hahaha karolis
what up
you knew the rules

sloppy adminning is what at first saved you from the penalty, is that what you'd really want though?

Gain the advantage on the race track, not off it

Of course i know the rules and i'm not trying to cheat on them or break them. And you probably didn't see replay, because i'm not cutting it on purpose over the poles... lol. And i wouldn't argue on that anyway as if it wasn't acted like nobody seen what happened before here in forum and now like ka boom, everything what was officialy posted, it is officialy reposted... a bit changed lol!
K.Kliaudautis - We deleted the previous round 5 penalties thread, because there was already arguing about the reason that we hadn't given you penalty. And yes, we admit that at first we didn't give you penalty, same as for the Estonian driver, but I think many had seen that already. And it is also written in the first post. Now there is no "kaboom", everyone knows our secret.
Attached images
pitcut.jpg
You're crossing the line clearly, so it means a penalty.
As an organizer, you have to make sure that the drivers know to do everything right. They also need to know that if they break a rule, they will be penalized.

My own organization has had issues with this in the past, and now that we have started cracking down we're issuing many penalties (won't say anything until it is official, but currently we have decided upon a few official penalties following Round #3 of the LX World Championships)

This is a small incident as opposed to ours which was larger. You've got to enforce the rules every time that you find something which breaks them or the drivers will continually break them.

Yeah, competitors believed that they had gotten away with things, but now knowing that they didn't, I assure you that they won't do it again. Rather it is because they don't want to compete in the league any longer (a very immature move), or because they know they won't get away with it if they do it again.

At the end of the day, the drivers think they are always right, and they hate to be penalized. As an administrator, you have to enforce the rules, and through that obligation, you have to make drivers mad. Its a vicious cycle. Nice to see your admin team working together. That's a very important thing for an admin team to do as you all know. Good luck moving forward
Sorry to say this but all of you admins are f***ing up really seriously, acting too seriously like FIA but having no idea about giving penalties or not, soon we will all cry like koreans like they did today.
Quote from TexasLTU :Sorry to say this but all of you admins are f***ing up really seriously, acting too seriously like FIA but having no idea about giving penalties or not, soon we will all cry like koreans like they did today.

Serious business is serious and we have an idea about giving penalty or not. We just messed up this time, everybody does a mistakes. Anyway, i hope you won't cry and join us for some round.
Quote from TexasLTU :Sorry to say this but all of you admins are f***ing up really seriously, acting too seriously like FIA but having no idea about giving penalties or not, soon we will all cry like koreans like they did today.

hahahahahaha
R U FOR RELA?
Karolis don't leave us!
i think this thread should be locked..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG