The online racing simulator
Quote from mc0676 :And what about prequal dates ?

I hope that if i cannot race (cause i'm too slow) that i can know that not 2 day before the race after have spent a lot of time in training ...

The race is only in a month, so I reckon that it will take place during the week of the race.

I hope that if i cannot race (cause i'm too slow) that i can know that not 2 day before the race after have spent a lot of time in training ...

Quote from nathan246 :The race is only in a month, so I reckon that it will take place during the week of the race.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is a good idea in theory, but in practice I think it might be a mess. You'd have teams with six drivers trying to match the average pace of teams with three or four drivers—much easier to get three fast guys together than six. You'd also have the situation where some teams might have six guys on the roster but only actually use three or four in the race. Finally, getting all drivers together to participate in pre-qual might be a scheduling nightmare for some teams.

That said, perhaps requiring each team to run at least three drivers in pre-quali could work (and then take the average time of the fastest three).

that's what has been said about pre-qual. Exact dates will definately be on the Opening Post once they are announced.

So exactly how do you propose it should be done? Since we have a limit of 32 cars on the grid, there's only two real options to choose them, invitation only and by pre-qualifying.

Some of the teams are new, they should be allowed to show how fast they are instead of picking known teams.

And it would be hard to move the pre-qualifying to earlier, given the week before is between new year christmas, so some people may not be available. Plus it also gives people the most amount of time possible to attempt to pre-qualifying and to prepare for the race.
Yes, i know that is a bad moment of the year this one so not other solutions are avaiable ...

Training is meant to increase your speed. If you're not fast enough to get in, you should work harder.
Let's not pile on him with snarky replies, guys. That's not very welcoming.

mc0676, just do your best in pre-quali (which will likely run from Mon-Thurs the week of the race) and see what you can do. If you're outside the top 15 in your class, there's still a chance your team can race if a top-15 team drops out at the last minute.

hype time and memories
not relevant to this thread >_<
leuuuuuu
Btw, if i've understand, 6 drivers max per team on signup or we can sign up more drivers for sure?
Quote from Kova. :Btw, if i've understand, 6 drivers max per team on signup or we can sign up more drivers for sure?

6 max.
Oh ok, I've read that, but it wasn't precised if it's was for on track or for signups... So it's for that I've asked..
Thx
Just FYI the MoE website has been updated, with the 2012 rules being available on there.
Hey guys, why there is no balancing between FXR and XRR in most series? Is it because of the tires? or is FXR never used?
In GT1 it's because both the XRR and FZR would need to be slowed down to match the pace of the FXR, though over a season the FXR does sometimes have its advantages (easy to control, less fuel, better at slower tracks). Although MoE is just 1 round this season, the time taken to properly balance all 3 in GT1 for the amount of teams who would drive it is just not worth it.

In GT2 all 3 cars should be balanced, because it is easier to balance cars when you have to add restriction to all of them to start with.

However in general, AWD cars are not used in real life GT racing therefore it would be wrong to have the easiest to drive car on the same speed as others, because everyone would choose it.
Thanks Boothy. Ya so as I said no one would be choosing FXR in MoE? coz at a track like AS5 it does n't stand a chance against the other 2. Also from LFSW (my stats and a few othes drivers') stats I see that XRR has better fuel economy than FXR. So FXR may not have the fuel advantage also I think.
On the danger that it might have been asked in another thread:

Will there be a layout of some kind? If so, when will it be accessable?
Expect the same as SuperGT layout seen here.

Nothing will be in the final chicane if that is what you are worried about.

Masters of Endurance - 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix - 2012: Announcement
(282 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG