The online racing simulator
Round #1: Discussion Thread
As you all are aware, alot of the 500 servers are currently down. We are currently attempting to get our two event servers back-up, and we are working to get things for tomorrow worked out. If not Round #1 will be ran next week, and all other rounds will be pushed back 1 week.

Round #8 will remain 2 weeks after Round #7 should Round #1 be postponed.

An announcement on the issue will be releaced at 21:00 GMT. We will know more information at this time.
-
(Cornys) DELETED by Cornys
Round #1: Discussion Thread
Discussion for Round #1 may be done here. Hopefully it will occur tomorrow as planned.
Well given some servers are still running, you will either get one from the person who you have the current one from or I'm sure Franky will be able to set one up for you on the working IP.

Not sure what climatic conditions have to do with LFS servers though
Franky beleives that the servers will be back online in time for our event tomorrow. If they are not I'll will PM out a revised race information PM with the New Server(s).

Plan on everything running as planned unless PM'ed otherwise.
anybody up for practice? :P
Servers remain down. We will have one though. We could take a donation one, but we might end up with about 50 servers by tomorrow morning at this rate. I'll get out a PM with information ASAP.
All servers are back online We'll be ready to go tomorrow
Corny, yesterday I changed my status to unsure.
I won't be there today, so you can take me off the confirmed drivers list, sorry, plans changed.
Sorry for disconnecting but this had no sence for me. I was joining the server in the last minute, a few moments after my arrival home. Ok, I had no practice so I sucked in the q but I hoped in a good race. Unfortunatelly someone crashed into me in t2 and damaged the suspension, it was sliding like hell. It was pointless to struggle on the track, I'll join you next round.
17. Ouch. Get in touch with those who signed up for this and check if there are any major issues with attending? Day/time? Any other events running this weekend and taking up their time? Shame, expected the LXWC to be a hit...
\:O

Can't wait for next round. =3
Im waiting for replay, really. Will be interesting to see whats going on during pace car sections. Both times I was following car front of me, but when the rest of cars reached us, it was total mesh.
Quote from Rule book :3.3 The running order of the field will be frozen immediately as soon as the flag is thrown, and will not
change unless pit stops occur.
3.4 Cars that fail to maintain a reasonable yellow flag speed will be scored in the position in which they
return to yellow flag speed at. (IE: A car spins out to cause a yellow, and returns to 70 KPH three
positions lower than at the start. This car will have lost these 3 positions.)

I wondered, these rules are removed but they arent. People were getting positions back after spins - and even without any reason. During second pace car section, there were about five cars between me and the car which I was following. They just passed me - I was on the pace all the time :o I didnt block messages, so Im sure no one of them were allowed to do it.

Im not arquing against red flag and reset of grid... Race was totally out of control of race control
Quote from Lamma :Race was totally out of control of race control

Indeed it was. I allowed it to get to that point, and I take full responsability for that. The rest of my team ran the event well from their side, and I was the weak link and the entire event suffered greatly for it.

Administration will meet sometime this week and get some real work done. Expect some major changes to occur effective in Round #2 from the administration stand point. Realistic NASCAR is launching a full investigation on the event, and once that investigation is complete we will be back with a open report for all competitors.

We hope that this first event does not chase away any potential racers in round #2, but if you chose not to return, we certainly understand.
LX4 race was good without crashes (Only i failed my own race ), but LX6 race was awful...
I don't know why in LX6 race came more crash than in LX4 race, but i hope that doesn't happen in next race.

By the way, thanks from race(s).
I thought it was ok in LX4 race. I started last but got up to 10th in 1st lap. Then got taken off by a small tap from SonicRealms car and I over heated tires from there on out. Didnt stay long enough to do the LX6 race.
Quote from N I K I :Session: Round 1, Race 2, LX6
Time Code of Incident (start - finish): 03:40 - 03:55

Drivers Involved: 40 S.Jorvantsu, 31 T.Suninen and 21 N.Đaković
Description: I'm forced to take the tightest possible line to defend of no 31 but at the same time a sharp hairpin is approaching and Joe is just next to me. I have no interest in divebombing him with cold tires and all the traffic around, so I brake relatively early just to hit the apex, but no 31 notices this at the very last moment and just slightly bumps into me. The problems occur when no 40 with far greater speed than ours tries to divebomb both of us in impossible place crashing half of the field out braking the rule 5.6 obviously.

Section(s) of Rules Broken: 5.6 etc

Penalty given to 21 N.Đaković for the worst spelling yet seen on LFSForum in 2011 -.-
Quote from Cornys :I allowed it to get to that point, and I take full responsability for that.

Actually, between the start and red flag, the event was macabre. Im noob of LFS events but I guess this wasnt the way how serious drivers do it. There were a few incidents even behind the SC. (I made some light contacts too - the driving middle of tyre warmers and reading messages is dangerous.) It was unpredictable how much hassle there was. We, the drivers, are responsible too

Quote :Administration will meet sometime this week and get some real work done. Expect some major changes to occur effective in Round #2 from the administration stand point.

Im wondering, which kind of tools you are using. For example, when yellow flag and SC is raised, how you figure out the order? Race control should be able to tell the correct order before green flags. When saying correct order, I mean the fairest possible without hours of replay watching. I guess, no one of the racers have a paddock to providing the facts, thus the alone source of information is the race control. So, when there is hassle like today, much more desciptions, rule reminding and infon is demanded.

People were getting positions back due various reasons under yellow flags. I joint to the list after few cars pass me without any explanations when driving behind SC. I remember one car was allowed to pass under yellow flags. It was #31, #28 or #21. Some one of them was allowed to get position back during the second SC period. All others were breaking rules.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Penalty given to 21 N.Đaković for the worst spelling yet seen on LFSForum in 2011 -.-

Bosnia spelling FTW.

Anyway, where and when can we check replay of the stream?
Quote from N I K I :Bosnia spelling FTW.

Anyway, where and when can we check replay of the stream?

www.livestream.com/realisticnascar .. Its up there, unfortunately Jonathan was a little bit unprepared for commentating in my opinion. Lets hope he makes it better next round.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I thought it was ok in LX4 race. I started last but got up to 10th in 1st lap. Then got taken off by a small tap from SonicRealms car and I over heated tires from there on out. Didnt stay long enough to do the LX6 race.

A small tap?

your lucky im not reporting you for this one, you clearly tried to divebomb up the inside of me, even when im scraping the tyres which means no space, casuing us to come together and i almost took out Lamma.

and niki- http://www.livestream.com/realisticnascar

you will see option to watch the stream under the video.
ty franky and reno

Edit: What's with cruise textures? XD
P.S. Just for commentator, my surname is pronounced as "Djakovich" in English.
Quote from VTiRacing :www.livestream.com/realisticnascar .. Its up there, unfortunately Jonathan was a little bit unprepared for commentating in my opinion. Lets hope he makes it better next round.

I did only had 1 night to get as much info as possible.
Next round comms will be better. Hopefully I will have W.Lemmens to co commentate with me but I will have to get in contact with him.
Quote from Jonathon.provost :I did only had 1 night to get as much info as possible.
Next round comms will be better. Hopefully I will have W.Lemmens to co commentate with me but I will have to get in contact with him.

:doh:
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG