The online racing simulator
Masters of Endurance - 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix - 2012: Announcement

Hello LFS endurance nutters!

Though Masters of Endurance is on hiatus this winter, we felt it would be sad and unjust to let a year go by without putting on the annual MoE 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix. So, good news: the race will be held on January 7th-8th, 2012!

The full rulebook will be posted soon, but here's a taste of what you can expect:
  • Rules similar in general to 2010-2011 season, except...
  • 32-car grid
  • Rolling start, but no SC
  • Pre-qualification if we have more than 32 registrants (If required, pre-qualifying will take place from 19:00 UTC on Monday, January 2, 2012 to 19:00 UTC on Thursday, January 5, 2012.)
  • Special balancing for this race only
  • One-day quali on Friday the 6th, 1 hour per class
Balancing info will be posted in the registrations thread.

All LFS teams are welcome to participate, and we encourage the formation of special one-off teams for this event!

See you next year!
-MoE Admins
#3 - Hahmo
uuuu
#5 - Fuse5
awww ****in yeah
exciting
time to finally come to friendly terms with that ****ing last corner
:F
#7 - Emyn
Yeah, excellent!
Mint! Awesome! Very excited about this.. Just wondered: is there gonna be any endo during the winter and wuolia! Here we go! Great news, Ben. You made wkd racing happy today Cheers.
If anyone needs a driver for GT2, PM me.
Nice!
Great!!!
Nice news
awsum
#14 - Eiw
coool , i like it
It will be a nice birthday present
<3
nice one.
Awesome!

If anyone needs an extra driver feel free to contact me
Same with me and Emyn, if we don't get 3rd driver.
fantastic
This sounds great!
Never been in an endurance event longer than 12 hours. Really want to participate and simply finishing would be awesome.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Never been in an endurance event longer than 12 hours. Really want to participate and simply finishing would be awesome.

Even making the grid would be awsome. I hope serously that all drivers would have to pre-qualify instead of only one as the race deserve featuring the best teams instead of just the team with the best hotlapper. *waving at the race administration and whistling*
Quote from TFalke55 :Even making the grid would be awsome. I hope serously that all drivers would have to pre-qualify instead of only one as the race deserve featuring the best teams instead of just the team with the best hotlapper. *waving at the race administration and whistling*

This is a good idea in theory, but in practice I think it might be a mess. You'd have teams with six drivers trying to match the average pace of teams with three or four drivers—much easier to get three fast guys together than six. You'd also have the situation where some teams might have six guys on the roster but only actually use three or four in the race. Finally, getting all drivers together to participate in pre-qual might be a scheduling nightmare for some teams.

That said, perhaps requiring each team to run at least three drivers in pre-quali could work (and then take the average time of the fastest three).
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That said, perhaps requiring each team to run at least three drivers in pre-quali could work (and then take the average time of the fastest three).

That would be fair enough from my perspective. That would avoid that hotlapper issue well enough Just was an idea seeing the registration thread filling up pretty quickly

Masters of Endurance - 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix - 2012: Announcement
(282 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG