The online racing simulator
Round 3 - South City Long (SO4) - Pre-race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

First of all, thanks for a vastly entertaining and enjoyable Round 2. The level of racing we saw at Blackwood was, generally speaking, quite excellent. We hope to see more of the same at South City (though maybe without the silly incidents).

1. Locked-in teams

The top 10 teams in each class in points (here) are "locked in" to Round 3's main race. This means that they do not have to drive in the Qualifying Heat Race in order to participate in the main event. (I've helpfully shaded these teams in green and red to help those who have trouble with counting.)

2. Qualifying Heat Race

We'd just like to remind all teams who will participate in the Round 3 Qualifying Heat Race to drive with respect for their fellow competitors. We saw two incidents in the Round 2 quali race that may have resulted in other teams missing the main race. We take these incidents very seriously, and any stupid driving will result in harsh penalties.

3. Round 2 wrapup

Once again, Blackwood was a fantastic race. However, there are a few points of clarification/reminders we'd like to put here:
  1. If you miss the start of the Qualifying Heat Race, please do not join the race late. You have virtually zero chance of transferring, so the only thing you can do in that circumstance is get in the way.
  2. If you shift-p in the Qualifying Heat Race (or the Main Race) your race is over. Do not rejoin the track.
  3. If you do not finish in a transfer position (generally top 5 in class) in the Qualifying Heat Race, do not attempt to participate in the official qualifying session.
  4. When rejoining the track following an accident, please be sure to check for following cars BEFORE pulling onto the racing surface.
  5. When you see yellow flags during the race, be prepared to slow to avoid obstacles (particularly in blind corners like the BL1R chicane).
  6. Please read the entire rulebook, and be familiar with all procedures.
  7. Try not to spin in the SC queue. It makes you look really stupid.
Good luck in practice, and we'll see you on-track on December 4th!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
7. Try not to spin in the SC queue. It makes you look really stupid.

My wheel just detached from the desk when I was warming up the tires :biggrinfl
Bolt it down, won't move then.
Quote from GuRu_PL :My wheel just detached from the desk when I was warming up the tires :biggrinfl

Good thing it happened during SC and not race
You are all going down.
no u
#7 - CSF
FXR seens to be fast here
Didn't want to chat in the confirmation thread,but i can't find (4) in the GT500 class for the qualifying race.
Quote from prOmo_LTU :Didn't want to chat in the confirmation thread,but i can't find (4) in the GT500 class for the qualifying race.

Look at the waiting list.
My bad,thanks Ben
Hey,

I am looking for a consistent driver with a normal pace for this round (maybe future rounds also). Sadly, we couldn't make a line up from our team drivers for round 3, so maybe someone is interested?
You would be racing then, for Tiger Express Motorsports, with an XR3. But to do that, we would first need to qualify for the main race by participating in the heat race. And since we have nothing to loose after 2 unlucky rounds, there is no pressure and it's just for fun.

If anyone is interested and has no team to race with, PM me and we'll discuss the rest of the details.
Going to be very frustrating as I haven't practiced at all and have to drive.. Magnus' internet is down, Thomas is taking care of his daugther, Ditlev is somewhere...
Magnus not driving, wow, few would have predicted that...
Quote from boothy :Magnus not driving, wow, few would have predicted that...

Back for troling?
anyone needs last-minute driver? i'd be intrested.
Quote from VTiRacing :anyone needs last-minute driver? i'd be intrested.

Couldn't you posted this 2-3 days ago?
Great, Nicce is at hospital..

Round 3 - South City Long (SO4) - Pre-race Discussion
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG