The online racing simulator
Pool 5 for me, and I must start by saying, I do not like the LX6 - I can't be fast with it and it is too hairy!!

Anyway, started 8th and gained two places off the start line due to Ginning_Giant and OCR_Attila getting poor starts! But then Grinning_Giant hit me (I have looked back at the replay and it is nobodys fault - he swerved to avoid someone Attila (I think) then hit me and we spun towards the inside of the track, where Grinning_Giant hit Attila again (who had already started spinning on his own) and knocked him into the wall - this caused Attila to take off!! (see previous post).

So, by the end of lap 1, I was 12th. I kept going very carefully, only once getting within a second of my Hotlap of 1:58.52 - its like driving on ice with that car, and the slightest lapse in concentration gets punished. I guess that is why so many people like these cars!

Anyway, I overtook sccc_popeye and then the rest of the places I made up were due to people spinning off and me going past. Apart from aLexusPro, who pitted 6 laps from the end. Other than that, I was on my own making sure that [BR]Bone and (NASSA)Ant didn't close the gap. Fortunately for me they only started closing it 3 laps from the end, but by that time they were 9 seconds behind. I wasn't looking at my gap to the people in front, because I knew I didn't stand a chance of catching them.

Anyway, finished 7th and I am very pleased with that.

Thanks to all racers for good clean race, and Jonesy for hosting!

Tim
Quote from t1ger :- he swerved to avoid someone Attila (I think) then hit me and we spun towards the inside of the track, where Grinning_Giant hit Attila again (who had already started spinning on his own) and knocked him into the wall - this caused Attila to take off!!
Tim

I had not started to spin on my own, Grinning Giant hit me the first time before he hit you. It made my car shake it's tail a little, but it was recovered and running straight ahead when Grinning Giant hit me again and ended my race.
Quote from Attila :I had not started to spin on my own, Grinning Giant hit me the first time before he hit you. It made my car shake it's tail a little, but it was recovered and running straight ahead when Grinning Giant hit me again and ended my race.

Interesting.. You can complain and you should if you feel that way.
Well i was happy to get into pool 1 untill i had Max Biaggi smack into me twice causeing damage to my car. Apart from that i was happy to be getting the laptimes i did.
unfair decision
hi,

why did i lost so many positions? i finished at 4th place. with the 30 sec penalty i should have fall down to 5th or 6th place not to the 9th place. or do i count wrong? how do u count the 30 sec penalty. and the decision from solar hydro is very unfair. 30 sec is a really hard penalty for something what i did not do. 5 - 10 sec would have been a fair penalty. u are unfair solar hydro. thats my opinion.

faikez
worrying amount of disconnections
Quote from Attila :
I was hit twice by the same car and was launched for a flying start (the bad kind) even before I had reached turn one :weeping:

wow you must get the prize for the best LX6 flight, that looks huge!

On a different note how many people got disconnected during the races yesterday?. I know of four racers already & it seems there are more. If this keeps happening then maybe there is an underlying problem with LFS or our ISP's?

I know these things do happen time to time but for it to happen to so many of us on race day, seems like more than just bad luck. It ruins your hard work when you have spent hours practicing only to get disconnected five laps into your race. (not to mention anoying the hell out of you)
I havent had disco issues for three weeks then it happens twice in 15mins mmmm (I smell a rat)

anyways if you got disco'd yesterday or any other time this season whilst racing in OLFSL please post number of laps u did & server you were on (if u can remember) I will make a list of you all to see if there is a trend or common occurence.
Dsnc
Quote from anttt69 :

On a different note how many people got disconnected during the races yesterday?. I know of four racers already & it seems there are more. If this keeps happening then maybe there is an underlying problem with LFS or our ISP's?.

I think there were two disconnections in Pool 2, and just after I crossed the line in Pool 6 I was disconnected, if it was a few seconds later it would have been a DNF for me
Quote from Faikez :hi,

why did i lost so many positions? i finished at 4th place. with the 30 sec penalty i should have fall down to 5th or 6th place not to the 9th place. or do i count wrong? how do u count the 30 sec penalty. and the decision from solar hydro is very unfair. 30 sec is a really hard penalty for something what i did not do. 5 - 10 sec would have been a fair penalty. u are unfair solar hydro. thats my opinion.

faikez

Hello Faikez,

The 30 sec penalty is final and no discussion will be opened on that. 30 sec is added to your final time for this race.

If there is an issue of computation of the penalty, I will look into that with FienDi in the next few days, and we will ensure that the calculation is correct.

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro
Quote from Blackout :... took one too long slide and lost the the two HOT (team name) guys (illepall) I allmost catch.

Hey, what's wrong with our team name? It's "Hell on Tyres" and the tag °HoT was indeed one reason to choose that name. It's allways good for a nice play of words.

Anyway, we also had a thrilling race in Pool 3. In T2 I nearly lost control when I hit the gas too hard. That made me loose 2 positions (started from 5th). My teammate °HoT Huy started 2nd but made a little mistake after a few laps, which put him on 6th position, right in front of me. The rest of the race was mainly filled with little fights between us two, which was really fun.

Lucky for me, I finished in 5th position in front of my teammate.

@Blackout: I noticed your improving lap times during the 2nd half of the race, made me a little nervous, to be honest.
in respect of XFR Agor ...
... who timed out during the last lap

PS, that shot pretty much speaks for itself, see that trail of cars behind me? i was stressed out of my mind ...
Attached images
Purrint867.jpg
Quote ANT UK
On a different note how many people got disconnected during the races yesterday?. I know of four racers already & it seems there are more. If this keeps happening then maybe there is an underlying problem with LFS or our ISP's?

I'm glad to say that NO ONE got dissed from NASSA 2 yesterday, Crack had some connection problems before the race and I got hit by lag right at the start, but once we got under way the server ran great.

I had some great battles with Popeye and da Snake yesterday, I would like to say sorry to bone for that slide out....thanks for braking so well, you suffered no ill effects and all i got was a bent fender, great driving my friend.

The Grinning Giant and my team mate OSOI really have a great battle about lap 16 to the end.......it's worth watching.

Take Care gents and as always the NASSA servers are open for all your MRT Practice.

See you at the Tune Up Race

NASSA ANT
Had a look at this kerb thing as it's caught me out so many times before and others in the race too.

It seems although the wheel someone finds a hollow spot in the kerb and digs into it, then your history.

Here's the screenies.
Attached images
Kerb 1.JPG
kerb 2.JPG
And your tyre didn't even pop, consider yourself lucky!

Solar Hydro
Quote from Solar Hydro :And your tyre didn't even pop, consider yourself lucky!

Solar Hydro

Game crashed 2 laps later, so no.

yeah that curb is nasty looks like ky nat needs a track refit
so come on the ppl that changed assen to a sucky track, KY needs ur attention
Quote from Bawbag :Had a look at this kerb thing as it's caught me out so many times before and others in the race too.

It seems although the wheel someone finds a hollow spot in the kerb and digs into it, then your history.

Here's the screenies.

suprised it did'nt rip the wheel off! Dev's might want a look at that
Quote from anttt69 :suprised it did'nt rip the wheel off! Dev's might want a look at that

Read the whole thread. There are other curbs at KY that are just as bad. It might come down to how the contact patch is calculated in LFS though.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8500

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG