The online racing simulator
WTBOCS - Suggestion Thread
With Season #1 nearly in the books, we're ready to take suggestions for improvement in Season #2. Nothing has been decided upon yet, and everybody's opinion counts

Thanks for a great first season

I'm going to begin the suggestions: Change format to qual for 15 min and change race length to around 1 hour so that tires are no longer an issue and people are more likely to complete the event. Feedback on this idea?
#2 - Sobis
Quote from Cornys :I'm going to begin the suggestions: Change format to qual for 15 min and change race length to around 1 hour so that tires are no longer an issue and people are more likely to complete the event. Feedback on this idea?

I'm OK with that.

I would suggest to have a multiclass championship.
Quote from Sobis :I would suggest to have a multiclass championship.

As in... a winner in each car?
ya I think he means winner in each class, like both TBO and LRF race etc, but then it won't be TBO championship. Correct me if I am wrong
#5 - Emyn
Season was great, thanks for all! Multiclass championship would be good idea.
If you are planning that please make quali atleast 20 min Cornys. 15 might create too much crowd in quali
It was 25! this season was great but i personnally don't really like the format. It is quite a long race for a sunday afternoon in europe. This kind of race of enduro and this would be better to run tbo as wtcc than as one single driver enduro. That's my point anyway I enjoyed this season and racing with tbo is always awesome! Keep it up!
25? No Cornys suggested 15 min quali and 1 hour race in his OP, that's why I said extend it to atleast 20 min
Make the races 1h, qual length is good imo. Also maybe a rethink with the way you do the starts as that seems to take a long time just for a picture.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Make the races 1h, qual length is good imo. Also maybe a rethink with the way you do the starts as that seems to take a long time just for a picture.

The idea of the Kyoto 200 next year, Fern bay 200, Blackwood 150, Japanese 200 and a shortened Westhill GP (38 lap or so) have grown on me along with a more conventional starting method.

The grid will be done differently next year, and we will have pre-race driver's meetings. This much I am certain of.
Btw why don't set the grid during the break?
Quote from MoMo92i :Btw why don't set the grid during the break?

I think that's what Cornys meant by that. We will definately be dropping it for LX champ to classic lobby gridding.
Quote from Kid222 :I think that's what Cornys meant by that. We will definately be dropping it for LX champ to classic lobby gridding.

Yup. TBO is barely tire heat sensitive so I opted for the non-traditional starting method for TBO in this first season to make it more realistic. Rest of the team and the competitors have convinced me to change that

We plan on doing this for season #2 of TBO as well when ever that comes down the tube
You should make it 20 minutes quali session at least, there are a lot of cars on track in this championship as someone said up there and some of the tracks are real long!
1 hour race length, I agree on that.

Multiple classes would be a terrible idea as you have a perfectly full grid for a single class race and you already have a different league for LX... there's no point in ruining something that's running perfectly fine. Besides competition would lower a lot if there was multiple class races and noone really wants that.

I would suggest you to rework the points scoring system. Difference between 1st and 2nd is far too small and points for pole position and fastest lap are way too big. I remember finishing 2nd in 1st round then winning 2nd round and yet my points gap was only increasing, very very demotivating after a victory and that was one hell of a though race as well!
I'll look at the position points table What are opinions on the double points table posted for the LX World Championships being put into effect for season #2?

Pole and Fastest lap points will be reduced to 1 next year. I'll confirm that.

First season that I had put together and when I put it together I didn't have much help, and I'd never competed in a league myself (still havn't :shy. So I'm pretty willing to make some changes
Quote from Cornys :I'll look at the position points table What are opinions on the double points table posted for the LX World Championships being put into effect for season #2?

Pole and Fastest lap points will be reduced to 1 next year. I'll confirm that.

First season that I had put together and when I put it together I didn't have much help, and I'd never competed in a league myself (still havn't :shy. So I'm pretty willing to make some changes

Hm, LX WC Double points... We have to see how that works out, but atm I personally don't mind it.
What do you guys think of this points system?

1 - 35
2 - 30
3 - 27
4 - 24
5 - 21
6 - 18
7 - 16
8 - 14
9 - 12
10 - 10
11 - 8
12 - 7
13 - 6
14 - 5
15 - 4
16 - 3
17 - 2
18 - 1
Pole - 1
Best Lap - 1

Season 1 points run with this scale would have 1st 2nd & 3rd all the same position wise. 3rd place would even still remain as a tie
Well I think even the old system had too many drivers winning points. LX World Championship points are just so much better than this, as you can clearly see the difference between positions and in any case I believe no more than 12 drivers should be awarded points.
Quote from N I K I :Well I think even the old system had too many drivers winning points. LX World Championship points are just so much better than this, as you can clearly see the difference between positions and in any case I believe no more than 12 drivers should be awarded points.

Why not? It's a better motivation to finish the race if you know you'll get at least some points. Many people quit if they know they don't have chance to get any points anymore.
Quote from andRo. :Why not? It's a better motivation to finish the race if you know you'll get at least some points. Many people quit if they know they don't have chance to get any points anymore.

You've got a good point there, but then difference between 1st and 2nd shouldn't be 3 or 5 points in that case. It should be at least 10 or more. Which also means there should me more points for the victory. I have nothing against 18th place winning a point if top 8 is worked out with good difference between places. Here is my suggestion.

1 - 50
2 - 40
3 - 32
4 - 26
5 - 22
6 - 18
7 - 16
8 - 14
9 - 12
10 - 10
11 - 8
12 - 7
13 - 6
14 - 5
15 - 4
16 - 3
17 - 2
18 - 1
Pole - 1
Best Lap - 1
Quote from andRo. :Many people quit if they know they don't have chance to get any points anymore.

Yep, that was the reason why I DNF at the last round.
FYI: I'm going to put all the proposed point systems up for a vote and the one most popular will be pretty much permanent. If the Realistic NASCAR Cup ever gets off the ground this summer I plan on using the voted point system for it too I'll PN the database when it comes up for a vote, but that won't be the onlything that will be in the PM. I won't spam you guys
Quote from Sobis :Yep, that was the reason why I DNF at the last round.

Was it you or someone else who asked during the race "Will I get points for 17th ?" anyways someone asked that and they left the race, that promoted me to 17th, so I hung in there in spite of hot tires, by the last lap many left /crashed/time out and I ended up 12th and ended up with 5 points LOL
It was him. A Lead lap finish regardless of position is 1 point regardless under the old points standings.
Ya, cool. Are you planning to continue the same rule? I think it is good.

WTBOCS - Suggestion Thread
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG