The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :commandermas, don't even think about discontinuing the event.

It's natural for teams to get upset when they perceive the rules to be inconsistent—as a guy who has adminned many top-level series I have dealt with this many times. All I can say is that until you've dealt with guys like Rudi Kolz and Jack Basford, you ain't seen nothing yet.

It's also completely natural for teams to want to get every position they can. The PLZ guys clearly knew that they would be moved up a position if CoRe got penalized, and from their interpretation of the rules they felt sure this would happen. As a CoRe manager I'm obviously glad we didn't get penalized for those incidents, but I can guarantee that I would be making the same arguments if I were in their position.

In short, don't take the criticisms too harshly... just learn from the experience and make the rules more transparent in the future.

btw, I'd also like to say congrats to my friends in PLZ for a well-run race.
Quote from commandermas :You all seem to think, that you can organize such an event better than i can. Yes I say I because the most work for this event was done by me. This is an event that should provide fun and as most of the feedback is negative this year, i most probably won't do this any more, so there won't be a 16h next year, or you can prove that you can do it better.

The rules were mostly taken from last year, which was announced. There were rulechanges that i didn't post in order to avoid "cheating". There were few teams that used shift+p/s in the race and none of them had a bigger engine problem, so we decided to be kind.

It seems like every option we take is the wrong, so the only right thing left for us is to stop organizing the 16h.

Please don't forget: We Italians have always something to complain.
This is the Italian way of thinking.
We want to eat only good and have beautiful women,then we are satisfied.In all other things we have always something to complain about.
I'm looking forward to the next 16h 2012.
Well as i already said in my pm to MarizioNaselli, i took this criticism as the final reason to say, that this was my last 16h. If someone of our team wants to continue, it would be great, but as a matter of fact i had only 3 persons to help me for the whole organisation. One did nearly everything about the registrationhomepage and tracker. One serveradmin was asleep about half of the race and then another teammate came to help me. The rest was my job and i have to admit, that i had way to less time to do it as there were some things not done like rules for this year. I had notes in German how i wanted to change the rules (that were the rules that got criticism). It was nearly me alone who looked up 32 hours of racing for disconnects and if they should be penalized. This was way too much for me and so i have to say, that i won't continue this race.

Like i said maybe someone of our team will continue it, but if there is someone, you won't find out until April next year.
Quote from commandermas :Well as i already said in my pm to MarizioNaselli, i took this criticism as the final reason to say, that this was my last 16h. If someone of our team wants to continue, it would be great, but as a matter of fact i had only 3 persons to help me for the whole organisation. One did nearly everything about the registrationhomepage and tracker. One serveradmin was asleep about half of the race and then another teammate came to help me. The rest was my job and i have to admit, that i had way to less time to do it as there were some things not done like rules for this year. I had notes in German how i wanted to change the rules (that were the rules that got criticism). It was nearly me alone who looked up 32 hours of racing for disconnects and if they should be penalized. This was way too much for me and so i have to say, that i won't continue this race.

Like i said maybe someone of our team will continue it, but if there is someone, you won't find out until April next year.

If you need admin help next year, I am certain that there are some (like myself) with good admin experience who would be happy to help out. The 16h race is too good of an event to let it fail.
Quote from commandermas :Well as i already said in my pm to MarizioNaselli, i took this criticism as the final reason to say, that this was my last 16h. If someone of our team wants to continue, it would be great, but as a matter of fact i had only 3 persons to help me for the whole organisation. One did nearly everything about the registrationhomepage and tracker. One serveradmin was asleep about half of the race and then another teammate came to help me. The rest was my job and i have to admit, that i had way to less time to do it as there were some things not done like rules for this year. I had notes in German how i wanted to change the rules (that were the rules that got criticism). It was nearly me alone who looked up 32 hours of racing for disconnects and if they should be penalized. This was way too much for me and so i have to say, that i won't continue this race.

This is a classic! We can't let it die like this because some of us are too whiny!!

We should be all thanking Commandermas!

@commandermas As an admin I can understand your frustration. Next year (because I still hope you'll reconsider), if you need help just say the word! I am sure there are a lot of us with admin experience that would be more than happy to help.
Our criticisms have to do better, not destroy. Yours is one of the top event of LFS, do not give up, the critics serving to do better. Do not take it as a defeat, but let it be a new starting point. If you need a hand, call us

Thanks Ben, certainly we do not have any problems with your friendly Team.
Good evening, I am the manager of the PLZ Team
I think it's important to discuss and everyone can express their motivations and their reasons.

I like the answer of DeadWolfBones and I understand the great job done by commander.
Thanks all for the job.

If necessary we give our availability to help you and give some advice for 16H of 2012.
Discontinuing the 16h would be a pity, allthough i do understand commandermas reasons. As i've said a few times in here and elsewhere, this is by far the best endurance event in LFS.
Quote from vicbel :This is a classic! We can't let it die like this because some of us are too whiny!!

We should be all thanking Commandermas!

@commandermas As an admin I can understand your frustration. Next year (because I still hope you'll reconsider), if you need help just say the word! I am sure there are a lot of us with admin experience that would be more than happy to help.

Support as published.

I join to help next year.
You also can count on Team 6th Gear Racing next year.
We will help you next year, if it´s needed. Although we weren´t that fast we enjoyed this FANTASTIC event, Thank you commandermas
Critic is everywhere like always, if you planning, doing an event or sth. like that always people have to whining about the admining and the rules, it´s normal.
But how I said, I could help you next year!

( Ich muss mich ja eig. noch für die HF1S bei dir revanchieren, hast dort auch super Leistung erbracht Ich biete meine Hilfe für´s nächste Jahr an, wie gesagt )
Quote from MaurizioNaselli :We want to eat only good and have beautiful women,then we are satisfied.

Yessss, i like very much and i think that appeals to all the guys on the forum.
Maybe someone likes men .... but it is not a problem

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG