The online racing simulator
Saturday works best for me, Sunday I race in a few leagues plus Church and all that nonsense .
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Unfortunately, with both admins being Americans, I don't think a weekday schedule will work.

hehe good point
I like the fresh approach but to me personally it seems like too much preparation and planning is needed for too little actual racing. Is this league intended as a substitute to another MoE season?
Would be epic using tbo's with slicks. Remember scipy having a server for that before
Quote from Bert Knops :I like the fresh approach but to me personally it seems like too much preparation and planning is needed for too little actual racing. Is this league intended as a substitute to another MoE season?

Races are only 2 weeks apart. Preperation is much lower, however you still want to drive all out those 90 minutes. For people outside the top 10 in points, you also have to run the qualifying race. So preperation is still key.

Obviously the races aren't as long as endurance races, but this isn't exactly endurance racing. With LFS' current state, anything new and fresh is needed.

As for the day of the races, if anyone has any objections to Sunday please speak now. We will look into both days and see if we can get a decent time slot with no overlapping and no late night racing.
Hm, nice...
Quote from kart-36 :Would be epic using tbo's with slicks. Remember scipy having a server for that before

would be pretty unique, GT250 maybe :P. I would rather see that than GT300 tbh!
I go vroom vroom racing on most sundays.. So the races best start after 6.30pm ;D
Tommy and I will race, gt300 is good ignore retard king's.
go go sundays
thats what sundays are meant for
racing
Quote from Seb66 :I go vroom vroom racing on most sundays.. So the races best start after 6.30pm ;D

Read below, you might be able to race if you get your team mate to do all the rest.
Quote from Fuse5 :go go sundays
thats what sundays are meant for
racing

Normally real racing.

However we are trying to squeeze everything in by 8pm UTC (20:00), which is 10pm UTC+2. That's the time that was our "limit" for Sunday. Don't want people dropping out due to school or work the next morning.

So it would look something like this (All times UTC):

17:00: Qualifying race (approx 30 min)
17:30: Q race done, break to determine who made it in, and to get ready for official qualifying.
17:40: 2 servers for Q (one for GT500, one for GT300). 20 minutes, non-hardcore.
18:00: Done with Q, all rejoin back to server 1.
18:10: Grid
18:15: Main Race (approx 90 min)
19:45: All done

Note this could change, but that is currently what we are shooting for. Hopefully that fits everyones Sunday schedule. Don't get too greedy though, we are already switching from Saturday to Sunday.
Fu. I wanna do starts
Quote from racer hero :Tommy and I will race, gt300 is good ignore retard king's.

Wait, what?

I guess I am driving then
Quote from racer hero :Tommy and I will race, gt300 is good ignore retard king's.

your retarted. Where did I say it was a bad idea? Cocky bast**d is cocky. trollface
-
(Tomhah) DELETED by Tomhah : woopsie!
I like this idea! SuperGT is one of my favorite championships in this moment so i want to participe in this series ... keep going!
Our team is quite young, but I guess we will try and Saturdays are perfect for all out of my team

I´m in for sure :P
Oh yes, good work guys. Any day is good for racing, but sunday is better
Quote from PMD9409 :
However we are trying to squeeze everything in by 8pm UTC (20:00), which is 10pm UTC+2. That's the time that was our "limit" for Sunday. Don't want people dropping out due to school or work the next morning.

17:30: Q race done, break to determine who made it in, and to get ready for official qualifying.
17:40: 2 servers for Q (one for GT500, one for GT300). 20 minutes, non-hardcore.

I am for Sundays too, I have almost no time on Saturdays.
Thanks for all the input, guys.

Looks like Sundays w/ the timeline PMD posted is most likely.
don't think I'll be able to do it unless it is an hour or 2 earlier (of course don't change everything JUST for me). Looks good otherwise.
Both classes sounds interesting. Moving the race dates to sundays would be nice too.
Quote from PMD9409 : However we are trying to squeeze everything in by 8pm UTC (20:00), which is 10pm UTC+2. That's the time that was our "limit" for Sunday. Don't want people dropping out due to school or work the next morning.

Not sure if you all are realising that, but Central Europe will be on UTC+1 for the whole championship, due to Daylight Saving Time.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Not sure if you all are realising that, but Central Europe will be on UTC+1 for the whole championship, due to Daylight Saving Time.

I figured it out like a nub after I had posted it, but it didn't change our plans any.

Also, if teams haven't seen it, check here for updated series info, signups, and schedule.
Quote from Rulebook :
2.3) Any GT500 cars between the GT300 leader and the GT500 leader will be waved around around the SC and continue around the track to rejoin the rear of the queue.

What about a GT300 car who is passed by the gt500 leader, will they be allowed to pass the Safety Car? Hypothetically saying that they are not behind the GT300 leader (on track).

an example of this is that car X is passed by the gt500 leader, caution is called but they are still on the lead lap to their class.

LFS Super GT Series: Announcement
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG