The online racing simulator
Round 4 - Aston Sportscar Circuit (AS28) - Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Drivers and Managers,

The final round of the championship takes the teams to Aston Sportscar Circuit, which has something of a split personality. Fast, flowing corners dominate the front half of the track, while the back section is all tight and twisty bits. It should tax setup-makers more than any other track this season! Have a look at the race information below, and feel free to discuss the race in this thread!

Server: IGTC 2011
Date: 10th September 2011
Password: Use BL11 password
Track: AS28
Schedule:
  • 16:00 UTC: 30-minute hardcore qualifying session
  • 16:30 UTC: 20-minute free practice/break
  • 16:50 UTC: Gridding begins; starting drivers should be on the server at this time
  • 17:00 UTC: 4-hour race
16:00 UTC = 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST

To convert into your local time (if not listed here), either compare UTC vs your local time in the LFS lobby screen (singleplayer can do this also) or use the Time Zone Converter.
#2 - Litro
Hm, what about qualification? If Timed Out/Lost Connection then can come back again and drive???
Yes you can re-join if you get a timeout in qual.
Yes, that has always been our policy, though I'm not sure if it's actually in the rules.

If it's not, we will add it for future races/seasons.
To all teams:

We will use the BL11 password for this round as well. If you don't have it, PM me and I'll fill you in.
Sorry, but TEM was forced to withdraw, due to a lack of drivers. Not quite the way we wanted to finish the season.
Aggressive driving=ON
Give room=OFF
Divebombing=ON
Result=Grass+Wall
haha James.

LLM, whats going on dudes?
-
(HONDALIIGA) DELETED by HONDALIIGA
Grats on the championship win Inex! great race guys
Grats on the championship win Inex and SR for the nice win today

Thanks for the great season to everyone involved, racers and admins, cya next year
Good race.
Quote from xtraction :LLM, whats going on dudes?

No one practiced properly for today's race. Sorry everyone!

Congrats, Inex and SR!
Not so bad season at all for my team. Grats for the championship Inex!
Quote from Senninha25 :No one practiced properly for today's race. Sorry everyone!

Congrats, Inex and SR!

Ray put in a good amount of hours, tbh.
What's the tracker link please? The one present on the #igtc IRC channel(http://www.lfsigtc.net/tracker/) seems to show datas of last year's test race for some reason.
-
(prOmo_LTU) DELETED by prOmo_LTU
It's been a good season with many good fights. Yesterdays race was no exception. Had a few hairy moments with backmarkers that could've costed us the overall (eyeballing TDRT #2 :tilt. But we safe'd' it home. Overall we enjoyed the layouts this season, even though imo FXR was wayyyy too fast/tracks were way to easy for the FXR. Hopefully the administration to consider re-think the restrictions/track configurations for next season.

Anyway thanks to everyone involved making the races happen, admins, SC/RC drivers and all the racers ofcourse. Hopefully devs figure something out so we can have broadcasts next season.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It's been a good season with many good fights. Yesterdays race was no exception. Had a few hairy moments with backmarkers that could've costed us the overall (eyeballing TDRT #2 :tilt. But we safe'd' it home. Overall we enjoyed the layouts this season, even though imo FXR was wayyyy too fast/tracks were way to easy for the FXR. Hopefully the administration to consider re-think the restrictions/track configurations for next season.

Anyway thanks to everyone involved making the races happen, admins, SC/RC drivers and all the racers ofcourse. Hopefully devs figure something out so we can have broadcasts next season.

If FXR is soo easy, why you dont drive FXR then?!
He did...
Congratulations to Inex for winning the championship, and to SR2 for winning the race.

Our race was compromised badly by the last SC as we didn't have enough margin on our tyre wear to pit when the SC came out. Unlucky for us, as it probably cost us 2nd place in the team standings.

Anyway, the race itself was fun even though I managed to screw up our driver change halfway so I had to do 3 hours straight. Only criticism I have is that I got divebombed a few times and one time I got barge-passed so that's something that can be improved imo.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Overall we enjoyed the layouts this season, even though imo FXR was wayyyy too fast/tracks were way to easy for the FXR. Hopefully the administration to consider re-think the restrictions/track configurations for next season.

Imo, only Fe25 was a real FXR-track. The problem rather was the FZR being restricted too much, I think.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Had a few hairy moments with backmarkers that could've costed us the overall...

Hihi, sorry for that moment when i missed my brake point at the hairpin.
Quote from Bert Knops :
...The problem rather was the FZR being restricted too much...

All I wanna hear, ty Great drive from you this season.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG