The online racing simulator
Baltic Cup 2012 - Information

(Logo by: Fuse5)
HIGH-RES

BALTIC CUP 2012 - INFORMATION

Estonia - Latvia - Lithuania

1. Information about the cup:
Baltic Cup is a league that is being organized every year since the year 2009. This league is only for Baltic drivers. This year it includes 12 rounds of 45 minute races. Every round has different car and track. Qualifications are organized by each community separately and 30 racers (10 from each country according to qualification) get to participate in the race. There is no other registration required.

2. Team:
LFS Estonia - Kirill Dremljuga (Kirill.D) (League founder in 2009).
LFS Estonia - Reno Kööts (VTiRacing) (Moderator, co-organizer & EST re-presenter).
LFS Lithuania - Laurynas Matonis (prOmo_LTU) (Moderator, co-organizer & LT re-presenter).

Server Provider - Skrajūns Drambliox.
Reserve Server Provider - Yann Laprevotte (Tiger Express Motorsports).

3. Starting times:
21:00 - Race (UTC +3 for the first 2 rounds, then UTC +2)
Qualification is organized at any time as each community decides separately. (Must be organized at least 48h before the race)

4. Other information:
4.1. License required to participate - S2
4.2. Length of the race ~ 45min. (Every second Thursday).
4.3. Length of the qualification - 1h long. (Organized at least 48h before the race by each community separately.)
4.4. Server name - Baltic Cup 2012 (Server password will be told before the race or qualification)

5. Schedule:
Round 1 - STD@SO5 (13.10.2011.)
Round 2 - LX4@FE25 (27.10.2011.)
Round 3 - UF1@SO6r (10.11.2011.)
Round 4 - FOX@AS21 (24.11.2011.)
Round 5 - XRT+FXO@BL1 (08.12.2011.) (FXO 3% added restriction)
Round 6 - BF1@KY33 (22.12.2011.)
Round 7 - FBM@FE2 (05.01.2012.)
Round 8 - NGT@AS33 (19.01.2012.)
Round 9 - LRF@AS6(02.02.2012.)
Round 10 - MRT@KY21(16.02.2012.)
Round 11 - RB4@FE5r (15.03.2012.)
Round 12 - GTR@AS11r (29.03.2012.)

*There might be added restriction to some cars during the league, we will let you know if it happens.
*The combos and combo numeration was mostly done randomly by using a website random.org.

6. Sponsored by:

*Tiger Express Motorsports server.

*Tommy Østgaard's live stream.

7. Promotional videos of Baltic Cup:

Skirmantas Stankevičius

Baltic Cup 2012 Season Promotional Video
(senis production)

-------------------------------------------------

Maik Paluch
Baltic Cup Promotional Video 2011
(FireMike Creations)

League organizers have right to change/add information during the league at any time. You'll be notified if it happens.
You can discuss or ask questions about the league here.

And we are looking for someone who would be able to do organizers and representatives work from Lithuanian side.

The jobs you would have to do:

*Make sure LT's qualification is organized on time and correctly. (You don't have to be there, but you have to make sure that everything goes smoothly, perhaps ask someone else to take replay and organize it if you can't make it.)
*Be able to organize a race if me or Estonian representative isn't present, but you are. Basically just lining everyone up for the race, giving the commands and making sure things go smoothly.
*Help with other stuff if needed. (This is only if I'll need any help with posting qualification/race results or something similar.)

You have to be organized, polite and friendly and of course you must be a Lithuanian. Also it would be good if you have raced previous seasons. We won't accept anyone who we haven't heard of or with bad reputation.

If you are up for this and you are able to help, then let me know via PM.

Also other info:
There will probably be no streaming this year though since we are not ready to pay for it. But there will be 2 drop rounds and other new rules you'll find out about quite soon.
Rules have been added here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76044
I advice everyone to read it, to avoid being surprised of something during the season, since there are quite a lot new things added since the last season.
Baltic Cup 2012 will be broadcasted live!
We have great news! Tommy Østgaard accepted to sponsor our upcoming season with a good live stream he has been working on to improve lately. The live stream will also include commentary by him and others to be announced. He has recently invested in new and upgraded hardware, to be able to stream events at a high quality from different computers. He has also been streaming some of Live For Speed's biggest leagues such as: iTCC 2011, Kyoto 250 and the GT2 WS Round 2. The live stream is now better than before; no lagging, higher quality and we have a chance to have it for Baltic Cup 2012.
For more info check:
http://www.livestream.com/tommy24
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=75946
Cool,and we still have more than month time to teach to norvegian our latvian,lithuanian and estonian names and surnames!
#6 - ZnoCz
that's great news! as i know it's possible to comment through skype too, so maybe someone from Baltics can help him? i bet it would be more interesting...
They're using TS anyway...
lol, let proffesional do his work, dont mess it up by some noob.
#9 - ZnoCz
Quote from VTiRacing :lol, let proffesional do his work, dont mess it up by some noob.

it's sad that you think everybody in baltics are noobs... :/ no need to take just some random person, maybe there is somebody who has tried it and knows how to do it if there isn't people like that then of course, let do him his work... so - anybody knows who could do it?
Lauris! The lithuanian one. He already did it in GT2WS,some already made compliments for his sexy voice.
Quote from ZnoCz :so - anybody knows who could do it?

Do what?
What does it change if a person from Baltic countries will comment on live stream? He will anyways talk in English, so what's the difference.
And I'm sure Tommy has his own guys that he knows are good at this and will get them if he needs help, but in other words, Tommy is great commentating himself, so I don't see why should there be someone else, but it's up to him to decide if he needs help, not us.
And saying names and surnames hasn't been a big problem before, why should it be now? You think that Baltic names are harder to pronounce than other country names? I think Tommy or the guys who will be commentating will deal with it with no problems and even if they do pronounce someones name wrong, it's not big of a deal.
I'm totally with you, Andro. We don't make up Tommy's stream team, he does it by himself. Kthxbye
Thanks for the thought of help, but as others have stated, I have my own team which I want to keep. Additional commentators will be announced at a later point, closer to the season-opener.
#14 - rceX
Quote :9.6. There are 2 drop rounds during the whole season, meaning that the 2 rounds where you will have the least points from all the season will not count in the standings.

Can you explain this? No points given in 2 races or what?
Quote from rceX :
Can you explain this? No points given in 2 races or what?

This is not clear for me either, could anyone explain it?
It means that if for example: You miss 2 rounds, those rounds won't be counted into consideration in your standings. And for the person who has finished every race, the 2 rounds will be the rounds with the least points he gained per race. So basically, those points won't be taken in consideration, they will be subtracted from his total standings points. That means, you have a better chance to fight for your position in standings even if you were not able to compete in each race for some reason (real life etc.).

Because a lot of the times, people lose their position because they are not able to attend some of the races. This will help you to keep your position, makes you more motivated to race then, makes a bit fairer standings IMO.

Is it clear now? I was typing fast, so might not be clear by what I wrote. If it's not, I'll explain later.
I recommend to refine this rule a little bit. At the moment, if you get DSQd, it will be dropped. I think DSQ should'nt count as drop round.

E: Aslo drop round should'nt count if driver isn't allowed to drive(as penalty from organizers)
#18 - rceX
But who does each race, gets a little bit at a disadvantage?
Or I really dont understand this. I think that's a bit stupid rule.

Maybe I just need a translator who makes it clear to me in the Estonian language.
rceX, check LFS Estonia forum
Quote from TypeRacing :I recommend to refine this rule a little bit. At the moment, if you get DSQd, it will be dropped. I think DSQ should'nt count as drop round.

E: Aslo drop round should'nt count if driver isn't allowed to drive(as penalty from organizers)

Yes, true. Hadn't thought about that, but it's fixed now, thanks.
Quote from andRo. :*Rule 9.6. does not drop rounds, where the least points per round is caused by disqualification, ban or penalty* from the race. *By penalties meaning penalties where you have been forbidden to attend the race for some reason, and not the time or point penalties given after the race.

On of the drivers from Lithuanian community made a nice promotional video for the upcoming season. You can have a glance at it by clicking on the link below.
Also, posted the previously made promotional video for Baltic Cup.

Skirmantas Stankevičius

Baltic Cup 2012 Season Promotional Video
(senis production)

-------------------------------------------------

Maik Paluch
Baltic Cup Promotional Video 2011
(FireMike Creations)
Great job Skirma! Hope Tommy will use this in his streams
So that nobody would have any problems with the server, we decided to change the server for the races. From now on it will be called "Baltic Cup 2012" and it is hosted by Skrajūns Drambliox. Same server we used last season for some of the rounds.

But we will use "Tiger Express Motorsports" server as a reserve server and also for qualifications if needed.
Next round layout is AS21, not the old A21?
Not sure, I think the layout name is A21, but I call them in real track abbreviations, so AS21 is the same as A21, it's just Aston 21.

I will post the info today with the layout.

Baltic Cup 2012 - Information
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG