The online racing simulator
LFS Hotlap League 2011

SR are pleased to announce the Live for Speed Hotlap League 2011. The league will start this Saturday (3rd September) and will finish Christmas Eve.

Please see below for more info. Good luck and hope to see you on the server!

You will score based on your final times at the end of the two weeks.
You will score for each car you drive.

Information

Simply enter our server called and set a time with the available cars. No signups needed at all.

Rules!

1. No cheating - No bump drafting or normal drafting is not allowed. We will find out and ban you, so please play fair. We will monitor the server 24/7 via remote and we will save all replays. Any times set that are questionable will be investigated and the driver banned from the league if setting a time that they do not report as being invalid. If you set an invalid lap, either beat the time or report it yourself. All drivers are expected to report any driver they see cheating. We will also be using Airio's PTH cutting check. << Click to see maps of correct path.

2. Respect other drivers - Respect blue flags and take care when exiting pits. If you are on an outlap, get off the track completely if someone on a hotlap is approaching. Anyone caught wrecking will be banned.

You could use Airio to detect cars around you and contacts, so bumpdrafting/drafting would not be allowed either.

Anyway, looking forward to this again!
Epic win
Quote from Flame CZE :You could use Airio to detect cars around you and contacts, so bumpdrafting/drafting would not be allowed either.

Good thinking
Im guessing/hoping BC is not allowed
OFC!

Anyone fancy coming to the server now for testing?
Quote from Flame CZE :You could use Airio to detect cars around you and contacts, so bumpdrafting/drafting would not be allowed either.

I have enabled only airw laps to be stored, will this stop bump drafting? Is that the option you were on about?
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have enabled only airw laps to be stored, will this stop bump drafting? Is that the option you were on about?

If the laps are "clean" laps, then yes.
Quote from jasonmatthews :OFC!

Anyone fancy coming to the server now for testing?

So is axis clutch allowed or is that banned too?

/argument from last hotlap league.
It better be... Unless they are using shifter aswell :/
No, don't deny it for axis
Quote from Flame CZE :No, don't deny it for axis

Just using axis is nearly as fast as BC... with the hshifter I think it's okay though since then they don't do it to try and replace BC but actuallly require the skill to be fast with the shifter also
Had a long conversation with Victor about this issue. ATM it is impossible to stop via LFS or Airio using any automated system. We proved it last year. Auto clutch is just too slow compared to any other method, and LFS doesn't report a change ingame for it. The only way to police it is if the drivers themselves suspect anyone using it, save the replay (or if you weren't there check the server replay) and grass them up :chair:

I will make a thread for this in our forum, so if you want to check anyones times, let us know and we will make sure you can get hold of the server replay.
What is/isn't allowed with the clutch then?
Wanted to join the server now,couldn't find it,checked your website - it says the server is offline. Is there any specific time when it's online?
Ok,thanks for info (usually I dont pay attention to that forum). Seems like only half of SR servers are on that host.
Yes there is a problem with 500 servers atm that Franky500 is trying to fix.
I understand, it is necessary for two weeks to pass as1r_uf1_xfg_xrg?
Quote from [Audi TT] :I understand, it is necessary for two weeks to pass as1r_uf1_xfg_xrg?

You can drive any cars you want, you do not have to drive all 3 of them. But the more cars, the more points of course.
1st week report
We are 1 week in now, and 162 drivers have tried to show their speed. Provisional leader is Magnus Bjorndal, with Joe Holmes 2nd and Reno Koots 3rd.

The WR has been smashed on each combo so far and no evidence of button clutch or any other cheating has been observed by anyone.

With this league, you simply join the server and set a time. We run every single car in LFS so it is a great opportunity to increase your skills in the game. Everyone has been sharing their sets, including the WR holders, so if you need a set, just ask, we haven't seen one person yet refuse to share a set.

There is 1 week left for the first round so there is plenty of time to get yourself some competition. Whether it is beating your teammate or someone you thought was better than you, you can get them by simply joining, asking advice, getting sets and practising.

This is the best opportunity for all LFS racers to improve their skills and get advice from the fastest drivers out there. It is also the most popular competition in Live for Speed, with 592 drivers competing last year!

I would advise anyone thinking of joining, please set a time in each and every car, because if you get into it, you will regret those points lost on earlier rounds if you don't
Quote from Flame CZE :You can drive any cars you want, you do not have to drive all 3 of them. But the more cars, the more points of course.

Thank you. I must try to participate for the duration of the championship)))

p.s. And national credit will be able to do?
Quote from [Audi TT] :p.s. And national credit will be able to do?

That would actually be a good feature.
What is that?

LFS Hotlap League 2011
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG