The online racing simulator
#1 - XmaX
16h 2011 Question Thread
I think there are some people who have some questions for this Event.
Here you are able to post them, maybe we can make is Sticky @ Admins.

So my first Question is:

When will be the Skintemplates available and what will they content?
well as the registration has not opened yet, you won't need a skintemplate

when the registration page is ready, you can download it there and i will upload it here then
Could you also post what is the final decission for the layout? I'm kinda confused on which the race is going to be.
I believe its KY33
#6 - XmaX
Will be there a Livestream or Livestreams...?
And are there Servers for training provided?
I could have my team set one of our 11 slots up
i will set up a server for training today
#9 - XmaX
Now the registration is open, so when we can expect a template?
Quote from XmaX :Will be there a Livestream or Livestreams...?
And are there Servers for training provided?

On open configs, livestream is not possible.
Quote from krkriv :On open configs, livestream is not possible.

I thought the only thing was to create custom cameras but I may be wrong.
@krkriv - gratulations on your knowledge

@Flame CZE - of course but it's not only editing cameras. Some parts of open configs reports wrong nodes so better is to make new app.
Quote from misiek08 :@Flame CZE - of course but it's not only editing cameras. Some parts of open configs reports wrong nodes so better is to make new app.

All cars in open configs have 0 as their node in the MCI packet, so unless you recreate TV Director using xyz co-ordinates, you can't follow the cars around the track.
just wanna ask if its gonna be a lyt on the: exit from ky3r > ovalpart ?? (@ky2pitlane)

or its gonna be like it is atm during race ?
#15 - XmaX
The Final Layout is posted, so I think no more changes...
will we use the old templates or will there be new ones for the skins?
as we have the same classes, the old templates are still the ones to use

here they are
Attached files
16htemplate.rar - 458 KB - 569 views
hey, commander, could I get the Templates in the .jpg. format?
I don´t use photoshop :P
Quote from Masterboy19660815 :hey, commander, could I get the Templates in the .jpg. format?
I don´t use photoshop :P

you cna open them up in GIMP which is free
I thought it wont work, Thanks
I see that there are already 63 teams, what is the maximum amount of teams in one server?
And how is the server cutting done?
they run 2-3 servers for the event so shouldnt be much worry
You can also be sure that at least half of the teams signed-up so far will either collapse, disappear mysteriously, or withdraw.

AFAIK, the limit(per server) should be the LFS'(32), minus one for the Safety Car perhaps. Server limit used to be 3 in 2009 and 2010, but there were way less teams than available slots.

In the last races IIRC, teams were split evenly based on qualifying times and class(same amount of GTR, GT2 and NGT for each server).
Best would be allowing unlimited team number to join. I know - they will need more admins but that race will be very interesting. 5 servers for each class and fuel/take over strategy will be very important.
well even if we had an unlimited amount of teams allowed to join we wouldn't need more than 5 servers atm.

now there are 3 servers assigned and none of them is full.

i will try something. every team, wo wants to have more cars in one class sends me a pm with teamname and how many more cars in which class.

maybe i will change my mind about allowed team numbers again.

16h 2011 Question Thread
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG