The online racing simulator
You may have right Fuse. Some people would do some team only for one event or something like that, but anyway this is MoE and admins can still refuse applications.

My post was more about some serious teams that have maybe 3-4 drivers (like E-Team was) and that have sometimes some difficulties to find 3 guys for an event because some of these drivers have some other stuff to do
There are plenty of teams I can think of that would enter cars and practice a lot, with just 2 drivers. It would change what MoE is I admit, but at the current rate we're gonna have under 10 cars finishing at FE4.
Fuse has a point indeed, but the admins are quite experienced and are certainly able to sort up the one round show up with the potential long terms involvements.

We can also take the more formal way(as putting everything on the admins' hands can only lead into endless moaning, and I'm not sure they would be happy of the situation themselves) and put specific regulations on the matter. Possibilities are huge. We could maybe enforce the 3 drivers+45% to specific teams meeting certain conditions, like, for their first ever race, or longer if they're mid-season joiners. Or maybe keep it totally, and give each team(who does the whole season, in order to prevent mid-season joiners from abusing it) 2/3 wildcards per season, which would waive that rule for them during the races they pick.

That 45% rule might have been good 2 or 3 years ago when there still were a lot of interrest within LFS and a lot of teams knocking at MoE's door, but it just can't fit nowadays. Don't expect new blood to come anytime soon in these conditions, just look at GTAL(which is supposed to be MoE's feeder since it's creation, remember), most teams just can't afford going in MoE, because they only have 1 or 2 very commited and good guy(s), who drag weaker teammates for each round. With the 75% rules the best driver can make at least 2 stints out of 3(in case of 3 hours race), meaning that even if the guy's teammate is 1 second off the pace they still have a very good chance for a strong result. This kind of teams would be just sinking in MoE, as you need several good and comminted individualties to do well, which they don't have. They could maybe managed to drag 3 drivers sometimes, but 1 or 2 of them would be off the pace, which would ruin the teams' result, and its motivation to carry on. But if they can do most races with 2 drivers, I belive they could maybe make a sucessful move to MoE.

Well, this is my opinion, maybe someone else has more interresting ideas to propose, I don't know. But I really hope we can get more people interrested in this debate and have a fair discussion on next season, because MoE's future is definitely at stake here.
one way or another, changing things drastically with most of the season done is bound to create a disadvantageous situation for both the existing and the alleged new teams.
Food for thought considering the next season though, for sure.
Quote from Fuse5 :one way or another, changing things drastically with most of the season done is bound to create a disadvantageous situation for both the existing and the alleged new teams.
Food for thought considering the next season though, for sure.

Yes. Making rules change right now is a huge no-go IMO. My post was making propositions for next season only, and I belive most others were aswell.
Quote from Fuse5 :Food for thought considering the next season though, for sure.

You think there will be a next season? :ices_rofl
You think there will be a patch?
Quote from boothy :You think there will be a next season? :ices_rofl

heh heh
one can dream
about flipping on rockingham
and whatnot
in early 2009
Quote from boothy :You think there will be a next season? :ices_rofl

For the record, the admins (collectively) haven't decided anything about the next season yet.
I'm asking myself "shall I prepare setups for FE4 at all?" It is really not good to see only 12 cars on track in moe. It's worse and worse, I'm not sure how many teams will drive next time if this descending tendency continues.
Quote from Ghost_CZ :I'm asking myself "shall I prepare setups for FE4 at all?" It is really not good to see only 12 cars on track in moe. It's worse and worse, I'm not sure how many teams will drive next time if this descending tendency continues.

Well, the admins will be there, and I hope the teams will as well.

I know CoRe's cars will be, and Sirius as well (scipy would drive if he were the only guy on the track).

We also just got a new team application, so that's an encouraging sign.
ineX is there with 2 cars
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, the admins will be there, and I hope the teams will as well.

I know CoRe's cars will be, and Sirius as well (scipy would drive if he were the only guy on the track).

We also just got a new team application, so that's an encouraging sign.

Ok. The point of my previous post was to find out what happens, I'm glad you wanna keep it running. What if there'll be less than 10 confirmed cars in both classes together? It's just a theoretical question, hopefully it won't happen.
Quote from Ghost_CZ :Ok. The point of my previous post was to find out what happens, I'm glad you wanna keep it running. What if there'll be less than 10 confirmed cars in both classes together? It's just a theoretical question, hopefully it won't happen.

We hope it doesn't get to that point, but we'll keep running it as long as two or more cars show up. :P
TEM is there until the end of the season too

(not that we are of any match to the teams mentionned above, of course:P)
Big thanks for letting us in, hoping for many cars to show up and some great racing
Welcome!
I know this is not the right thread to write in, but why is the server set to Aston GP?
Quote from terga :I know this is not the right thread to write in, but why is the server set to Aston GP?

Server is set to KY2 with practice but it was already on that combo when i just joined.
Can someone PM me the server pass please?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG