The online racing simulator

Poll : Preferred day(s)

Sunday Races
Friday Races
Thursday Races
Monday Races
Wednesday Races
New Season - Planning
Ok, Last season was fun, But we had a huge problem with people not attending (or giving up early in the race).

what can we do in a new season to fix that?

What will keep interest, I've already decided to bring it down to 7 races for the next season, and to run them weekly so we have a 2 month series instead of a 6 month series.

Theres also a problem with what day to run things on, Im not available for saturday races anymore and would only be available for sunday races from 8PM GMT, How would people feel about a late sunday start?,

the alternative is a 7-8pm start on a weekday.

Throw your thoughts at me.
Sunday would be good. shorter season is also a better thing to do to keep people interested. What else? not much really - the only thing poping to my mind right now is a prize of let's say one month free server/web hosting or something like that?
Sunday works great for me 8pm GMT works great for me

just not sure about the every week thing...
#4 - Hahmo
No way I can handle sunday races, working all day long so..
I'm indeed interested but sunday wont do for me.
Shorter races will do the trick, I think. Maybe 2 sprints (30 minutes each) with inverted grid at the 2nd one. Also UFR+XFR is a fun combo to race with.
Everything ok, besides Sunday races, weekends are usualy over loaded with races actualy and I personaly feel lack of races during working days, but I understand some ppl have job or other stuff to do and can't manage to it.
I like the long races, and the gamble about pit stops
Quote from oldnavy :weekends are usualy over loaded with races

Just a quick look on spdo Database(or even on the very poorly updated LFSF race calendar) over the last few years will tell you that there usually are a lot more races on weekend days then on weekdays.
I prefer weekday races because I actually have a schedual those days. Weekends I never know what I'll get myself into. I'm interested in racing if its on a weekday night (7 gmt would be 2 here though. 8 would be at 3 right after I get home so I'd join in if it was at 8 or later )
On most occasions it doesn't really matter for me, but if it's a weekday (or sunday) start time kinda gets important. In summer most of us are gmt+2 and if we keep those epicly long combos we are going to finish after midnight (don't forget quali ) with the suggested 20:00 gmt, which is definatly too late.

I'm also for shorter distances so we can also use tracks like Aston Grand Prix or Kyoto Long. Maybe we could define something like a race distance like 120 km or 1 hour which should also appeal to more drivers (with smaller bladders).

btw: big no for races on friday / saturday, I have a life outside the internet.
Only day I can is friday.
Yes friday is best option
Ive been thinking.

How would, Sundays, 8PM Quali (10 mins quali), 8:15 Race (40 Laps) sound?

Times being in GMT (winter) and BST (Summer).

Ok it would not be a 60 lap GP anymore, But the 60 Lap GP spirit would still be around.
Sry to tell this but olfsl just started and those will be sunday races..if it stays that way i'm out.. Sry.
its ok, it wont be starting just yet anyway Kamo. Still lots to work out.
Sunday for me as well, as in weekdays I'll be working while you guys play.

I personally enjoy longer races as well, long enough that you'd be able to trade a pit stop for fuel/tyres by not pushing too hard (or pushing and having to pit) - something like a 103% fuel distance.
:bump:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG