The online racing simulator

Poll : Preffered standard race length

4 hours
2 hours
3 hours
Preferred championship race lengths?
Put your vote on the option you'd prefer for the standard racelengths incase another season is organised.
Ofcourse, if you'd prefer anything else that is not included in the poll please post your thoughts.
Oops. Please change my vote to 4 hr.
Ofc 4hr.
4 hours what else hehe
#6 - Foqs
6h!
Suggestion: If there are 7 rounds:

4x 4Hours
2x 6Hours
1x Final Race 8Hours

or maybe all 4Hours and Final 8 Hours like it used to be
1x 48 hour race going from Friday night to Sunday night.

Voted 4h.
/thread
Quote from baSh0r :Suggestion: If there are 7 rounds:

4x 4Hours
2x 6Hours
1x Final Race 8Hours

That's probably much considering the community's current shape IMO, then better let it to 4 hours and 8 hours final as usual... at most, of course.
4 hours only as it really used to be. Double points in 8 hour event only mess up the points standings and can overshadow team's performance during whole season.
Quote from Ziomek21 :Double points in 8 hour event only mess up the points standings and can overshadow team's performance during whole season.

Agreed. MoE and GTAL uses x1.5 points for x2 distance races. Would be good to do the same for IGTC IMO.
#13 - CSF
Ehm... Yann...he's saying the opposite...
Quote from CSF :Ehm... Yann...he's saying the opposite...

Not quite. He's saying that double(x2) points for the finale is too much. Therefore I'm suggesting x1.5 points instead.
#15 - CSF
I still don't think he's saying any more points is a good thing at all.
Quote from pmd9409 :1x 48 hour race going from friday night to sunday night.

voted 4h.

nice! +1!
4 hours.
4 hours with the 8h race in the middle

season finishes always drop off in interest
got to have a season highlight though.
can be a bit tricky with the strict igtc ruleset but still worth it i guess
dunno
voted for 4h
I havent participated ever in this league, but I know how special and successful this league was in the past And it was unique of its specific conception of the race duration - 4h. So league should stick to its tradition. I vote for 4h
Quote from fuse5 :4 hours with the 8h race in the middle

season finishes always drop off in interest ...

+1
After a race where you can score more points because of the length of the race, interest will drop because it kills of peoples title hopes. If your gonna run IGTC, and if your gonna have an 8h race with extra points available, put it at the end of the season.
-
(Drift King CZ) DELETED by boothy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
does anyone know if there will be a igtc 2011 season?
There should be, Also my 2 cents towards the time thing is that it should stay at 4 hours as it is with the season finale being 8 hours as it is.

Reasoning for the actual final event was that i needed to shorten the season to 7 races. Also my initial track selection was based on getting an event at each location around the "lfs world" hence FE was in the first season of IGTC. The option was remove FE or remove a kyoto/aston race. FE was the logical choice because of the stupid chicanes.

Then i didn't want to effect the points tally so turned it into a double distance double points race. Same commitment as a normal IGTC event in terms of prep. Everyone has an equal opportunity to score points. Ye you might crash, but you have 4 extra hours compared to normal to fix it, along with SC periods. Also it adds a lot more suspense into the season finale. More teams have an opportunity to win it, not the leading team having a bigger opportunity to lose it. I would love to see IGTC carry on like i had set it out from the start, i just dont have the time/love for LFS myself to run it.
ok thanks for the info

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG