The online racing simulator
OLFSL Season 2011

OLFSL Season 2011 - No Frills, All Thrills

The 2011 season will be all about simplicity and, as with all previous seasons run here at the OLFSL, there will be a season theme. The theme this year is: “no frills, all thrills”. What this basically means is that there is no gimmick, no special task which must be performed, no additional goal to each race, other than good old honest, seat of the pants, close, intense, fast, fun and friendly, racing!

Each of the 12 Events will be spread over the rest of the year, ending with the season finale in October 2011. Qualifying for the events will be done as previously, using our very own Quali Server, on which you will have just 12 laps between the events to record a qualifying time. The times you set will be used to create pools aggregating racers achieving similar times, and, ultimately, will determine your pool, your grid position, and the time at which your race is held.

We have opted for mid length races this season, with a view to comfortably fitting in 1-hour time slots for racers (and for the staff to manage hosting races). These will not be sprint races, but they are certainly not endurance races either and one of the races will be longer, just to spice things up that little bit.

The full season calendar is ready and will be published on the site in due course. Event 1 will be held on 20th of March 2011, in the time window specified in the OLFSL Rules (read the rules – then read them again!). Qualifying will open on 6th of March 2011 to give you all enough time to get ready.

Remember, 12 laps to post your best time on the OLFSL Quali Server (but you can practice on other servers as much as you want).
We thank you for your patience since the last season and we wish you all the best for OLFSL Season 2011.

WWW.LFS-LEAGUE.COM

--------------------
  • All races will be held on SUNDAYS, always between 16:00 and 22:00 GMT. No separate pools for USA, Canada, China and Australia.
  • Race starting hours will be announced on OLFSL website on Friday evenings (GMT) before scheduled race days.
Openwheel for 8 of 12 races...
#4 - Tur8o
Yea, it's great to see you back to business guys, but 8 openwheel rounds out of 12 is probably a bit much.

Kudos for picking UF1 at KY3 however

Will try to take part this year. It's something I wanted to do since I started to play the demo online back somewhere in 2007, but I never had time to make the move so far.

E: Standings from 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons seem to be down: http://www.lfs-league.com/hallofame.php
Yea 8 out of 12 is a bit too much but it's a good chance for me to learn those things again. No gtr is a big + for me as i hated them always.
I like a bit of open wheel - not sure about the FO8, it drives a lot crappier than I remembered. Maybe it's just that I'm using a crappy setup. It's been so long since I've played LFS properly.
#8 - t1ger
If we had put together a schedule that everyone loved, we would have had a small miracle on our hands. As it is, I take the point about too much open wheel action. To be honest, I prefer open wheelers to the GTR classes, so (as I put the schedule together) it favours my choices. The RB4 and RAC are in there, and I really can't get along with either of them, so we all have to take the good with the bad.

Tim
Quote from t1ger :If we had put together a schedule that everyone loved, we would have had a small miracle on our hands. As it is, I take the point about too much open wheel action. To be honest, I prefer open wheelers to the GTR classes, so (as I put the schedule together) it favours my choices. The RB4 and RAC are in there, and I really can't get along with either of them, so we all have to take the good with the bad.

Tim

For sure - if it was down to me we'd probably just be in the FOX all the time
Quote from russraine :For sure - if it was down to me we'd probably just be in the FOX all the time

my car of choice is the UFR
No Frills All Thrills..no more fastest lap over 2 events for 25 points...ect. I'm pleased to see Rally, UFI The mighty Mrt.

Big deal is,it didn't die.

Congrats to Sami, you now hold record for recurring League

I've attached a RARE forbin SO5R set...adjust it to your driving needs.

Sami, May I start a new forun sec called Uplod your set?

Be well,

AAnt
Attached files
FO8_SO5R.set - 132 B - 993 views
Thanks for the setup Ant - will give that a try.
Quote from AtomAnt :No Frills All Thrills..no more fastest lap over 2 events for 25 points...ect. I'm pleased to see Rally, UFI The mighty Mrt.

Be well,
AAnt

Sure you can start a new thread if that's what you mean. A complete new subsection is something I think only moderator or admin can do.

And of course it didn't die - we just had a little break. While it might sound kind of selfish I thought it might be better idea not to start a new season right after Fastlap Fury since I was not available to do my duties. There are only few of us running this all you know Also, now we were able to start a full length season of 12 events. I'm really happy to see our racers still exist out there and we already have quite a few subscribers too. We are going to push ourselves to provide you another great year of racing in OLFSL

And fastest lap bonus has not vanished anywhere, look at the rules please.

Any way... good to be back - see you on track!
Quote from AtomAnt :No Frills All Thrills..no more fastest lap over 2 events for 25 points...ect. I'm pleased to see Rally, UFI The mighty Mrt.

Be well,

AAnt

That set is ancient. My last modified date on it is 22 April, 2007. That was around patch W, 8 months before the Patch Y physics update. It was designed without any differential clutch preload at all because that was added later.

If you want something that represents the pinnacle of my tuning abilities, dig up my FO8 FE4 set from July 2008. I had the WR with that set at one point, same physics as today. My old time is still just 0.81 seconds off the current WR.
Quote from t1ger :I really can't get along with either of them, so we all have to take the good with the bad.

Seems that you guys have the power to improve the schedule why not make a few changes? The general feeling is that there is to much open wheel racing. You seem to admit its not great & then do nothing about it.
I don't think you'll find any of the staff said they minded open wheel racing or said the season isn't great - I just said I didn't like the FO8.
Quote from anttt69 :Seems that you guys have the power to improve the schedule why not make a few changes? The general feeling is that there is to much open wheel racing. You seem to admit its not great & then do nothing about it.

I said I take the point, I didn't say I agreed with it. We didn't just pick the combos off the top of our heqds randomly, there was thought about what we would like to see and like to race. The schedule is the outcome of this work. If we change it now someone else could say there is too many reverse events, for example and say they want that changing. Were do we stop? So, the schedule will not be amended.

Tim
here's my set for the first race if anyone is interested, would appreciate comments
Attached files
FO8_r2 olfsl race 1.set - 132 B - 1178 views
Quote from Psiho :here's my set for the first race if anyone is interested, would appreciate comments

Nice set - I actually can go around without spinning. Shame I can't go fast but currently 14/15. Dunno who the hell can be slower than me but someone managed it!
Can I ask what time these are normally at? I find it strange that in order to find out whether it suits me or not I should read the rules which I can't read because I haven't registered to your site, which is because I have got no idea what time the races are held and I might possibly be completely wasting time.

?
You can see that information when you click "Join OLFSL"-link in our site. The idea was to provide that crucial info when you wonder if you should join or not.

Anyway:
  • All races will be held on SUNDAYS, always between 16:00 and 22:00 GMT. No separate pools for USA, Canada, China and Australia.
  • Race starting hours will be announced on OLFSL website on Friday evenings (GMT) before scheduled race days.
I hope this answers your question.
I see, I didn't think to look there. Then again, why would I

Thanks.
bahhh too much openwheel, I'll do those i can
In my cp the number plate is for "fast lap fury" season. Can I change the text in "No Frills, All Thrills" or you have made a new one?

OLFSL Season 2011
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG