The online racing simulator
#1 - bozo
Round 4, Kyoto National
I've not driven Kyoto National before, but found it quite appealing on my first practice at the weekend - especially the banking which will be difficult to master.

Does anybody have a view on what the laptimes are likely to be? At the moment I'm doing 2:02s, but hope to get down to 2:00s with a bit more practice, and maybe less. The WR is a tad quicker than 1:55 in both RAC (well done Misko) and FZ50. Any views on race pace (ignoring wind that may have an impact)?

Also, in previous rounds I have suffered through a lack of practice races, during which I would normally learn/perfect racing lines. Does anybody have an FZ50 replay for Kyoto National that I could use to study the lines? It'd be much appreciated ... give me a chance to move away from the back of the grid :spin:
Well , from today i've got 2 hurdles to master. I knew(well half knew) the braking points for this track when i was using my mouse + Automatic :P But now my DFP arrived i've got the pleaures of learning how to master both the track as well as the steering wheel.. If i feel by Wednesday evening that i'll be more hazardous than helpful in the race then i'll probably pull out of that race mainly because i don't want to live in fear of murderering the front four runners because i forget to shift, or shift to early and swing into them :P

Hopefully i'll have at least adequate driving ability with the wheel by Wednesday evening though, because i'll be sporting my new patriotic Scottish Flag skin( :P )
I am getting 1:59's, high 57's should be more than possible with a little tweakage in the FZ50.

Dan,
Attached files
danowat_KY2_FZ5_15957.spr - 320.7 KB - 188 views
1:57 are pretty easy with this set I developed, 1:56's arent far away if I can keep the backend under control for more than a few corners!!!.

Dan,
Attached files
157.mpr - 178.5 KB - 226 views
FZ50_ky nat 2.set - 132 B - 996 views
#5 - P1lot
Hmm tricky against the FZ50 here.
Of course, the RAC has the advantage in the twisty bits and the FZ50 has the advantage on the banked straights - which is easiest to overtake?
Looking forward to it
#6 - bozo
Quote from danowat :1:57 are pretty easy with this set I developed, 1:56's arent far away if I can keep the backend under control for more than a few corners!!!.

Dan,

Thank you for sharing these Dan. I was hoping the laptimes wouldn't be quite so fast; I've got some more practicing to do now

I had a quick few laps last night (quite why I watched the Swiss game instead of more practicing with the FZ50 I don't know ). I'm into the 2:00s quite comfortably, but haven't studied good racing lines yet. I'll check out your replay Dan, and hopefully emulate!

Quote from P1lot :Of course, the RAC has the advantage in the twisty bits and the FZ50 has the advantage on the banked straights

Yes, but it may be a bit nerve-racking trying to overtake an RAC around that banking. The consequencies of an error could be terminal!
Guys, I might be wrong here, but OLFSL site says LX4 + LX6...
#8 - Vain
Quote from BurnOut69 :Guys, I might be wrong here, but OLFSL site says LX4 + LX6...

It might be surprising for you, but we're not that interested in what the OLFSL-website says
Hint: Check the name of this subforum.

Vain
And what do we have to do with OLFSL? :P
WOOPS LOL that happens for not reading the thread name!! Round 4 is also at KY Nat and...well...damn its too early and havent had enough coffee lol
LOL

Dan,
Here's a little replay, 5 lap race, Vince and me. Pace wasn't best we could do but this one was close and interesting, almost caught draft behind FZ5 once but its so much faster on the straight its hard to keep it there, gotta stay really close, and almost impossible to get past in that situation. Speed just goes up and up and up and up...
Attached files
nice race vince ky2.mpr - 555.3 KB - 143 views
Any news on the weather report yet?
It's sunny here with clear skies... hint hint...and btw.. it's a summer cup. no hard winds then..huh?
Watcha think dan?...
Well the race was great (like every other ). Not very eventful at the front but after first 2 exciting laps we kinda spread out, everybody was driving fast but we couldn't catch eachother. It was a pleasure racing these cars with these great drivers.
Was a great race for me.. Could get the pole and in the race i could get a gap due to some fighting between misko and sinbad. Nice racing and looking forward to westhill....gonna be good!!

cheers!
#17 - bozo
Yes, we saw an excellent display of driving this evening, throughout the field.

I hung back a little at the start, hoping to pick off any spinners as I had in the lag start, but nobody had any major difficulty at the start of the real race. C'est la vie!

Later on I had some good battles with Octane, and Vain eventually overtook us both following his earlier forays into the kitty litter.

Most interesting feature for the photo gallery this time was Octane's pirouette - do we have a closet ballerina within our ranks? Watch out for that when Dan updates the web site.
Sounds like a fun race, just about to update the website, will sort out the race report if I get a spare few hours today LOL.

Dan,
Was a bit lonely when we were all spaced out, not real battles this time. Still - points in the bag
P.S. the extended stats link points to FE Gold results instead
Quote from P1lot :P.S. the extended stats link points to FE Gold results instead

Yeah, I am struggling with them ATM , cant get insim to start illepall

Dan,
It was a fun race again but not very crowded. Only 11 drivers iirc. Anyway i had some great fights during the race, especially with Rumiko, good job mate

Looking forward to Westhill
Good fun again. I knew as it was happening that Vince would have a fair lead by the time Misko and I had concluded our little duel, and I just couldn't close the gap to Vince once I'd got clear of Misko. Shame it was more quiet than usual, it seems a lot of us ended up circulating on our own for most of the time.
the extended stats at the site aren't correct, those are the Fern Bay stats and not the Kyoto stats
Quote from XRRoy :the extended stats at the site aren't correct, those are the Fern Bay stats and not the Kyoto stats

Yes, I know, I am struggling to produce the extended stats ATM, I keep getting a "insim bind faliure" error, any ideas?.

Dan,

Round 4, Kyoto National
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG